• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Our Beloved Monty

Ironbark

I'd imagine Hibs is an unlikely move. He's not even the favourite, and we know he can do better.

Feel like it's likely to be his last season with us though - unless we're lucky.

Allreet?

In all seriousness, I can't see either Monty or Arnie going to Hibs. Arnie has just signed a new contract and is always banging on about wanting to nurture the Olyroos into the Socceroos etc. Both could do much better than Hibs who are something of a basket case.

The only attraction for Monty going to Hibs would be so he could sack Lewis Miller.

Roger the Cabin Boy

Agreed. What worries me is that he is apparently available. If he goes, he deserves a first or second tier engligh club or Celtic or Rangers if he is going to slum it in the SPL

Roger the Cabin Boy

Comparing Transfermarkts club values is a crude measure I know. Hibs value is 2.8 times that of CCM.
Celtic over 27 times, the same as Sheffield Utd.

If he leaves, I'd like Monty go to Sheffield where he has a connection and should be welcomed with open arms instead of a risky route to success via the SPL.

Allreet?

Desperately want this to be untrue.

We all know Monty will leave (and probably soon) but going to Hibs, at the end of the window, means he has no opportunity to build his own squad. It would take him years to do anything there with what he currently has.

If we have to lose him I at least want him to go when he has a chance to build something for a decent shot. Hibs could be career suicide.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred