• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Our Beloved Monty

sydmariner

Reading disturbing reports that Hibs want Monty. (They're also in for Arnie apparently.)

Monty is the most important person at our club and we know he's destined for the EPL. It would be bad enough losing him at any time but preseason would be the pits.
If he goes should we bring back hutch?.

Melange

TBH if Arnie got the gig, which I think would be a step backwards, I'd much prefer Monty as NT manager than Popovic, Muscat et al.
Word is Arnie is one of the highest paid international coaches in the world. If Hibs are recruiting old man Let Fondre I don't think they can lure Arnie based on wage.

Other word is Muscat has continued Ange's good work in Japan and still has the club up top and playing progressive football. Would much prefer him to any other Australian coach, despite my dislike for him, except perhaps Uf**k.

Allreet?

Word is Arnie is one of the highest paid international coaches in the world. If Hibs are recruiting old man Let Fondre I don't think they can lure Arnie based on wage.

Other word is Muscat has continued Ange's good work in Japan and still has the club up top and playing progressive football. Would much prefer him to any other Australian coach, despite my dislike for him, except perhaps Uf**k.
For Australia, I'd take Muscat like a shot.

He's a complete ratbag but he'd be OUR ratbag. I suspect he'd galvanise the team like no other coach possibly could, AND he clearly has a first rate football brain.

What's more, I suspect the NT is Muscat's dream job and you really do want someone who desperately wants the job.

pjennings

Can't see Monty as NT manager. I think he's totally focussed on getting into the EPL, at the appropriate time.
I can see him at Sheffield United. But as NT manager he has the ability to get a team playing greater than the sum of their parts. A NT manager has to make do - not just bring in a new player on a transfer. Monty has shown that he can make do and get players playing better than they ever have.

Would he want the job, for Arnie's wage there would be plenty of reasons for him to.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred