• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Our Beloved Monty

Spacks

Bruh the hibs fans are frothing at the mouth over Montys tactics.

They really are rabid fair-weather fans aren't they

turbo

While that's generally true, a big budget isn't always a guarantee (Chelsea I'm looking at you).

I don't think they are spending the money they have done previously. Most of the incoming players have been free transfers or loans.

Behich and arshat, while decent players for a-league level, are pushing mid 30's and are hardly excitement machines. Aziz only got a mention at all because he is still in the Socceroos squad.

The rest of the players coming in are journeymen - Antonis, ugarkovic, natel, jakolis, souprayen. Nothing there jumps out as anyone to write home about and are probably all risks in their own right.

If you look through their squad this year they have not gone anywhere near replacing what went out the door and are relying more on young players like Caputo, lopane, Talbot, and mazzeo.
On the first point I was talking more about wages they can offer. Yes its a capped league but they have the means to utilize the exemptions to the fullest. We arent landing some of those players on the wages we can offer. I agree it doesnt match what went out the door but again its about the gap between what they lost and replaced compared to us and IMO they have it easier going close to like for like. No guarantees but the odds go their way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred