• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Okon gone

adz

Staff member
So wondering who would be making the recruitment decisions, and what they are based on?

scottmac

Suspended
If it's to do with recruitment, I'm not overly surprised. The bulk of the team this year would have come in or were re-signed under his watch, and that hasn't exactly turned out well...
So then who makes the decision? Either he's your manager or not. MC shouldn't have control over our recruitment.

Ancient Mariner

Good move by the club.

He had two years free hand (within budget) and could not deliver. Kept making excuses (do plan A better). Had no answers.

No way was the club going to renew his contract.

Either offer him heaps less or put restrictions in place. Coach walks. Club has more time to prepare for the future.

I see competent management.

This season has gone. Let Sully run the players. Meanwhile find a coach that fits the restrictions and CCM philosophy.

Hope.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Hmmm, well I didn’t think Okon was much chop , he was too inflexible in his tactics and fkn Jolie was just a twat...BUT....we now have no coaches for the rest of the year, must of been a humdinger of an argument at CCM HQ ....whose gunna run the squad....wait, I know....Monty....nah I’m kidding, the last thing we need is a coach with zero experience

scottmac

Suspended
After hearing Gatty talk on fox I think this may be to do with a takeover of the club. I'm guessing it's Celtic and they want control over players???

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
WAIT WAIT...I had a thought ...Poppas coming to Gosford....how’s that for random

serious14

If the conditions are "f**k you, no money, Academy players promoted to the first XI only" then we're more f**ked than we realise. Anyone who's been near a game they've played will know what I'm on about - they're just... not up to scratch for A-League level.

I get that Okon had to go, believe me. But Charlesworth has to be next otherwise we'll be handing out license back come 2025. We're not even close to being competitive and the FFA wont hesitate for one second in moving us elsewhere or folding us entirely.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred