• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Okon gone

Gratis

I think we've got a reasonably good squad which mainly lacks in depth. Hence with injuries, we don't cut it. With a full squad and proper tactics (imo) we can win more than we lose.

In fairness to Okon his recruitment bar 1 was quite good

Timmah

I've got a bad feeling about where this is going to go. World game saying that he refused a number of conditions in regards to a contract extension. This might be more MC f**king with our club than getting rid of a under performing coach. I'm scared that this is going to blow up and we're going to look even worse than we do now.
I doubt it. He's in the final months of a contract, not halfway through it like Moss was. As long as they're honouring the contract as it was written I can't see the issue.

Big Al

I've got a bad feeling about where this is going to go. World game saying that he refused a number of conditions in regards to a contract extension. This might be more MC f**king with our club than getting rid of a under performing coach. I'm scared that this is going to blow up and we're going to look even worse than we do now.
Disagree sorry he needed to be held accountable and lose some authority. He had his chance with total control and it didn’t work. He is inflexible and refused outside help. Can’t handle that then move

scottmac

Suspended
Yeah ok I was all like YAY OKON OUT and now I’m kinda like OH f**k I THINK I JUST FOUND OUT WHY OKON QUIT THIS IS NOT GOOD
Word on the street is that he was told he would have very little control over player recruitment next season.
Yep this is what I'm thinking It's not going to be good

Coastalraider

While I am firmly of the belief that Ocon was the wrong coach for this team, what happens now is crucial.

I think we will look back on today as a turning point for the Mariners history, but Im not sure which way its turning yet.

Big Al

Yeah ok I was all like YAY OKON OUT and now I’m kinda like OH f**k I THINK I JUST FOUND OUT WHY OKON QUIT THIS IS NOT GOOD
Word on the street is that he was told he would have very little control over player recruitment next season.
That depends on who does and would a new coach have the same limitations?

The problem could be us going totally cheap and forcing academy kids into the team. Which would make Cahn a perfect fit

scottmac

Suspended
I doubt it. He's in the final months of a contract, not halfway through it like Moss was. As long as they're honouring the contract as it was written I can't see the issue.
They don't have to honour anything if he just up and left. 3 sources now reporting that he refused to accept conditions of on him for next year

scottmac

Suspended
The only saving grace in this would be that MC forced this response because he had a replacement but then for MC to be making these decisions solo is f**king worrying

shipwreck

The only saving grace in this would be that MC forced this response because he had a replacement but then for MC to be making these decisions solo is f**king worrying
Is MC cunning and clever enough to do this? I don't know much about him tbh.

Timmah

Official.

The Central Coast Mariners wish to advise that Paul Okon has today informed the club that he will not continue as Head Coach, effective immediately.

Both Paul Okon and the Central Coast Mariners have been in discussions for several weeks about the strategic direction of the football club. Given the club’s future strategies and plans, both parties have agreed that it is best to end the association immediately to give the club an opportunity during this vital period to re-sign players and target new players.

Paul Okon said: “I will forever be grateful to the Mariners for the opportunity they gave me. I thank the players for their commitment and the fans for their support. Finally, I wish the club all the best in the future.”

Assistant Coach Ivan Jolic has also completed his tenure with the Central Coast Mariners, effective immediately.

For the remainder of the Hyundai A-League 2017/18 season the club’s Foxtel National Youth League Head Coach, Wayne O’Sullivan has been appointed as caretaker coach.

The Central Coast Mariners would like to thank Okon & Jolic for their efforts and wish them all the best with their future endeavours.

Gratis

We really don't know though. If you were the club you wouldn't be extending Okon without more than a few caveats added. He obviously found them unacceptable.
I would consider NOT adding many new conditions to Okon's contract totally unacceptable.

scottmac

Suspended
We really don't know though. If you were the club you wouldn't be extending Okon without more than a few caveats added. He obviously found them unacceptable.
I would consider NOT adding many new conditions to Okon's contract totally unacceptable.
The conditions being talked about by those in the know are completely unacceptable for any decent manager. I'm very very worried for next year.

rbakersmith

The conditions being talked about by those in the know are completely unacceptable for any decent manager. I'm very very worried for next year.

If it's to do with recruitment, I'm not overly surprised. The bulk of the team this year would have come in or were re-signed under his watch, and that hasn't exactly turned out well...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred