• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

NYE v Perth

Ancient Mariner

The Club has been saying he has a calf strain while he has been fit and wanting to play.
He has been training by himself and last night he was sitting in the stand while the team tried to play with a massive hollow in the midfield.
Mulvey's only statement on Tommy that I have heard is that he wanted him to get "stuck in" more.
FFS Tommy is the most talented player in the Club. Anyone who watched him and Wout (another player Mulvey did not want and released) absolutely own the midfield and outplay O'Neil and Brilliante against SFC last year can understand.
He fills a position where there is a massive hole.
Maybe Mulvey is a racist who hates Europeans (he also released Brama).

He has had enough time to demonstrate his total incompetence In every aspect of managing an A-League football team.

He really must go now.

Antlion

Wow. I didn't watch this. Around midnight someone told me the score which I would usually avoid like the plague so I can watch the replay and enjoy it.

I won't be watching the replay.

Once this would have been utterly inconceivable. Now it's a shiit mitigation technique. Fcuk you whoever ruined CCM.

FFC Mariner

Wow. I didn't watch this. Around midnight someone told me the score which I would usually avoid like the plague so I can watch the replay and enjoy it.

Once this would have been utterly inconceivable. Now it's a shiit mitigation technique. Fcuk you whoever ruined CCM.

His name is Michael Charlesworth. You know? Lives overseas, refuses to fund the off the field side of the club and accepts ineptitude as normal

That guy

TC Redline

Well here is my 1st post on this site. I don’t generally do social media but started listening to the ramble podcast a year ago to see if anyone else felt like me given what I thought about the Okon football the team was playing and realised that I was not alone. The death by 1000 passes slow football the Boy Scout coached them to play was excruciating to watch. I often chat with Moro about the state of the club and went to the forum by Skype with mc and went away hoping after the Mulvey announcement that there was light at the end of the tunnel... well how wrong could I be.

I’m not saying that the players aren’t putting in but we don’t seem to be coached to our limitations that I thought Mulvey would be able to do. For example the change to 3 at the back worked a little but is really being found out now with full presses and our back four including the goalkeeper are bereft of playing out from the back. What’s worse is the keeper whenever he plays a long ball always seems to pick out our smallest player generally pain to win a header. Are you kidding me and that is simons strength and they never hit him with a ball to hold on or nod on. Our good years and especially with mcbreen and Ryan that was the ball from the gk for him to hold up or win a free kick from and we start the ball from midfield. Not a hard tactic to devise and especially with our limitations but never happens. Both keepers don’t sweep up so why doesn’t he employ a sweeper and I know it is old tactics but again the years with McKinna and Arnold we had an Andrew Clark or sainsbury cleaning up any through balls even wide balls. This was even when Ryan playing as a sweeper as well. The back 3 is so condensed and whether a back 5 4 or 3 is so condensed that we invite every team basically a saloon passage into the box or an unchallenged cross. With so many defenders in the box you would think that no one would be free but time and time again they are free and I really can’t remember Ferreira ever scoring a goal with his head but low and behold he can when he comes up against us. Even his second goal mishit cross would have been a goal with a normal cross as Keogh was unmarked at the back post.

These players aren’t sophisticated enough to play zonal defensive structures so throw it out the door and play a sweeper and bloody mark your man. That has to be much simpler for these players to understand and might keep us in the game for longer and maybe we can sneak a draw or dare I say it a lucky scrambled win at the death.

Yes I would like to see some goals but get your defence in order Mulvey and maybe that will give you a starting block to work from with the players you have.....

This club is dying quickly and I believe needs to change its name to barnstoneworth United and maybe sold for scrap metal as the ripping yarns story went...

Anyway there is my rant and back to my cave

NoDiggity

Well here is my 1st post on this site. I don’t generally do social media but started listening to the ramble podcast a year ago to see if anyone else felt like me given what I thought about the Okon football the team was playing and realised that I was not alone. The death by 1000 passes slow football the Boy Scout coached them to play was excruciating to watch. I often chat with Moro about the state of the club and went to the forum by Skype with mc and went away hoping after the Mulvey announcement that there was light at the end of the tunnel... well how wrong could I be.

I’m not saying that the players aren’t putting in but we don’t seem to be coached to our limitations that I thought Mulvey would be able to do. For example the change to 3 at the back worked a little but is really being found out now with full presses and our back four including the goalkeeper are bereft of playing out from the back. What’s worse is the keeper whenever he plays a long ball always seems to pick out our smallest player generally pain to win a header. Are you kidding me and that is simons strength and they never hit him with a ball to hold on or nod on. Our good years and especially with mcbreen and Ryan that was the ball from the gk for him to hold up or win a free kick from and we start the ball from midfield. Not a hard tactic to devise and especially with our limitations but never happens. Both keepers don’t sweep up so why doesn’t he employ a sweeper and I know it is old tactics but again the years with McKinna and Arnold we had an Andrew Clark or sainsbury cleaning up any through balls even wide balls. This was even when Ryan playing as a sweeper as well. The back 3 is so condensed and whether a back 5 4 or 3 is so condensed that we invite every team basically a saloon passage into the box or an unchallenged cross. With so many defenders in the box you would think that no one would be free but time and time again they are free and I really can’t remember Ferreira ever scoring a goal with his head but low and behold he can when he comes up against us. Even his second goal mishit cross would have been a goal with a normal cross as Keogh was unmarked at the back post.

These players aren’t sophisticated enough to play zonal defensive structures so throw it out the door and play a sweeper and bloody mark your man. That has to be much simpler for these players to understand and might keep us in the game for longer and maybe we can sneak a draw or dare I say it a lucky scrambled win at the death.

Yes I would like to see some goals but get your defence in order Mulvey and maybe that will give you a starting block to work from with the players you have.....

This club is dying quickly and I believe needs to change its name to barnstoneworth United and maybe sold for scrap metal as the ripping yarns story went...

Anyway there is my rant and back to my cave
Great first post TC

true believer

E

the only worthwhile part of the game was the "charlesworth out" chant

joe bailey

So how do we get Mulvey and his clang sacked? How he hasn't been relieved of his duties already? I'm dumfounded! Is it the members? The Fans? What does a coach have to do to be sacked? Enough's enough and I'm concerned for our other boys ie: 18's, 20's and seniors as I can see already with seniors the coaching is way below par to what we had last seasons with Preston, Vasquez and Schembri!

pjennings

As soon as the posts went down I could see we were in trouble. We were down 1-0 early. We should have just approached the police in attendance to charge Tomislav Mrcela with malicious damage, called the game off and and shared the points.

Last edited:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

zqvwdr1ynl721.jpg

Coastalraider

Congratulations to Matt. I genuinely feel he is one of the only players having a go most games. He has taken his second chance and grabbed it. Well done.

But let’s look at this objectively:
-he was an NPL standard player last year.
-previously surplus to requirements at another A-League club.
-is currently being played out of position.
-was not even first choice in this squad to fill that position
- is playing at wing back, which really should not be a position you would expect you MOM to come from, at least regularly
-he has only started 6 matches this year, and won 4 MOM awards.

I love the bloke, and hope we can keep him in the future.

But man, it speaks volumes about how poor the rest of our squad is performing, and how poor our recruitment has turned out that he is consistently winning these awards.

greenlig

"Consistent" being the key word. How many of our players have been consistent in a single match, let alone the season? That's what separates the professional from the talent. We have several of the latter, very few of the former.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami