• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

NRL Hooligans thread

serious14

Well that's RL done and dusted in Melbourne.  Wave goodbye to any future ambitions they had as a National sport too.

Didn't even make the news proper here, I only found out when reading people's FB status' when I woke up this morning - it was relegated to scrolling text on the bottom of the screen on Sky Sports News.

Beginning of the end??  That would be nice.

goingtoadisco said:
No future points for the season ? who would support them ???

No-one does anyway.  Well, those 10 000 or so ex-pat NSW people living in Melbourne..... and..... y'know...... others??

(I can't say that with a straight face, hahahaha)

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
since the storm now have to find 700,000, looks like the Central Coast bears may very well have something resembling a 1/2 decent roster...how nice for Florimo

FFC Mariner

I think you might find that the ATO is all over this and the Storm wont be the only ones in the shit.

Expect a quick review of tax returns v contracts

NRLOL may need to declare an amnesty to flush it out of their system.

Bears. Wont ever happen. Nothing in it for Ch9 or Foxtel which is why Melb exists and will continue ot exist.

Perth is more likely

serious14

With his players standing behind him, Bellamy said he would not walk away from the club and urged fans not to either.

But he said he welcomed the NRL's continued probe into the club after it was revealed the Storm had been involved with long-term salary cap breaches involving clandestine player payments.

"The two things they can never take away are our dignity and our integrity," Bellamy said in his statement, before refusing to answer media questions.

Bit hard to take away something that you never had in the first place.  Dickhead.

FFC Mariner

Todays papers reporting that the talk of unity etc is wildly off the mark. The players know who the cheats were who f**ked it up for the rest of them and all is not well.

midfielder

I think we need to be a tad careful in the salary cap department in pointing the figure ... the saying people in glass houses springs to mind  ... IMO Sydney & Perth and maybe Melbourne have squads that defy salary cap limits...

FFC Mariner

Well, we know that Sydney cheated their way to the GF in V1................. lucky for them that Gallop wasnt inside the FFA then I suppose...................

I think the marquee system helps and I think the way personal services contracts is slightly different too?

Paolo

Cant recall seeing a "Rubgy League Riot" story on the news...

Police arrest six after football brawl - Homebush
Saturday, 01 May 2010 11:46am

Police attending the NRL match last night at ANZ Stadium at Homebush arrested six people after a brawl at the match.

The Parramatta Eels and Canterbury Bulldogs match at Homebush commenced shortly after 7.40pm and had a number of police and security officers at the venue.

With approximately ten minutes of the second half remaining a brawl occurred at the northern end of the ground.

As a result of the altercation six people were arrested and four of those issued with criminal infringement notices for offensive behaviour.

In all 15 people were ejected from the ground during the match.

The police operation continued outside the ground as the crowd moved towards the railway station at the completion of the game.

Police made a further arrest for offensive language and two juveniles were detained for malicious damage.

Two officers reported being injured as a result of the operation with one suffering a dislocated thumb and the second received leg injuries from the brawl.

Senior police have spoken to the NRL and inquiries into the incidents continue with the issuing of banning notices to be considered.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
The central Coast Bears organised some kind of rally before the Roosters - Knights at Bluetongue last night...and I guess there was a couple of hundred walking to the stadium in total when they started, I know there was a few bears jerseys around near my place......BUT....if they really wanted a crowd to mass, they should of called it Walk your dog to Woy Woy and held it this morning, there is dead set thousands walking past my place with their faithful canines in tow.

nikko

Suspended
Didnt see many people at the game. I was walking pass the ground just before full time and it was shit house

FFC Mariner

RECKY said:
The central Coast Bears organised some kind of rally before the Roosters - Knights at Bluetongue last night...and I guess there was a couple of hundred walking to the stadium in total when they started, I know there was a few bears jerseys around near my place......BUT....if they really wanted a crowd to mass, they should of called it Walk your dog to Woy Woy and held it this morning, there is dead set thousands walking past my place with their faithful canines in tow.

Apparently some 350 people signed up to walk.

From the Yacht club to the ground - way to get zero notice.

Jesus

Jesus
marinermick said:
crowd of 10000 last weekend at bluetongue, which in nrl speak means a true crowd of 6000

And with less than 1000 on the walk for a local team.

Did the others in the stadium even back them up by wearing bears colours?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred