• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

NRL Hooligans thread

adz

Staff member
Kicking off the NRL Hooligans thread with some player hooliganism. Not surprisingly, compared to other HOOLIGAN reports which detail the acts of hooliganism, this one just has a single vague line about the actual incident, and the rest is about what a good bloke he is. Absolutely sickening. :vomit:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23133951-23214,00.html

League

Thurston given wake-up call

By Wayne Heming
    January 30, 2008

NORTH Queensland officials stopped short of ordering club captain Johnathan Thurston off the drink after the Australia halfback was locked up over the Australia Day weekend.
Thurston was arrested for public drunkenness after locking himself out of his Townsville apartment in the early hours of last Saturday morning.

The 24-year-old Test star appeared in the Townsville Magistrates Court but no conviction was recorded.

Cowboys chief executive Peter Parr, who reminded all the club's contracted players of their responsibilities, said Thurston would face disciplinary action but stressed his captaincy was not in question.

"Whilst we're disappointed with Johnathan, he's been here three years and this is the first time we've found him to bring the game into disrepute," Parr said.

"We don't see a need to tell Johnathan not to drink.

"I spoke to all the players today, reminding them of their responsibilities and told them Johnathan had received a fairly big wake up call.

"It was a mistake, it was silly, but before he went out on Friday night, everyone at this club thought he was a good bloke, and we still do."

A two-time Dally M winner, Thurston sits alongside Brisbane and Australian captain Darren Lockyer as the game's best player.

"Johnathan understands his position in the community here and his profile and how many kids look up to him," said Parr.

"I can assure you he's not getting around today being proud what happened the other night.

"He's very apologetic and remorseful about the whole thing."

Parr said when the club appointed Thurston captain at such a young age it knew there would be some peaks and troughs as he grew into the job.

"I just hope this is part of the learning curve of being captain of this club, a good wake up call for him and clear reminder of the responsibilities that go with the position."

Thurston, training hard to return for the 2008 NRL season following double shoulder surgery in the off-season, was given the Australia Day weekend off.

"I think his eyes lit up at the thought of enjoying a Friday night out heading into Australia Day," said Parr.

"He should have been smarter than that.

"At the end of the day we're disappointed in him but he hasn't harmed anyone, he was co-operative throughout the process."

Parr was concerned by incidents in the past six months involving hooker David Faiumu - still facing assault charges - and second-rower Steve Southern, who broke his ankle in an incident in Townsville last August and now Thurston.

"The last six months, with Steve Southern, David Faiumu and now Johnathan, nobody wants that to continue and we've had to remind the players of their responsibilities and obligations," he said.

"I'm not happy with what's happened over the last six months but I don't believe it's an epidemic."

"Johnathan wishes he'd made some other decisions that night.

"He can't do anything about it but accept responsibility for his actions and learn from it, and let's hope it does.

"I don't want to and I won't be putting any sanctions in place at this stage but I'll continue to monitor the situation and keep the board informed of events in the hope players will take heed of the reminder we gave them today."

Thurston could not be contacted for comment.

SNOWMARINER

I love the idea of having threads devoted to the hooligans in other sports considering the media go out of their way to put football in a bad light. F**king exellent.

I'll bet this thread will be a mile long by the end of the NRL season and Thurston is just the first of numerous NRL players and supporters that will just highlight how far our game has come in comparison to other codes.

fish

I actually look forward to hearing the lame ass excuses submitted by morons earning hundreds of thousands a year.

B

bakery5

fish said:
I actually look forward to hearing the lame ass excuses submitted by morons earning hundreds of thousands a year.

Same here. I can bet you any money Willie Mason will become a major feature of this thread. Also I am tipping some group sex during the season too ;D

Andy

bakery5 said:
fish said:

Same here. I can bet you any money Willie Mason will become a major feature of this thread. Also I am tipping some group sex during the season too

He's already been in shit this year.

Photo's of him smoking at Bondi on Australia Day were released, and he got criticised for being a professional athlete and smoking.

Does anyone else think that isn't a big deal at all. IMO you could easily find a player from each NRL, AFL or A-League club that does it.

B

bakery5

Andy said:
bakery5 said:
fish said:

Same here. I can bet you any money Willie Mason will become a major feature of this thread. Also I am tipping some group sex during the season too

He's already been in shit this year.

Photo's of him smoking at Bondi on Australia Day were released, and he got criticised for being a professional athlete and smoking.

Does anyone else think that isn't a big deal at all. IMO you could easily find a player from each NRL, AFL or A-League club that does it.
that is f**king small time compared to a few of his big sessions down at the cross enjoying some of Columbia greatest exports

fish

smoking IMO is your own choice, we all know the efects it has but if youy dont care you dont care, simple

I like Willie Mason he speaks his mind(which normally doesnt take long) and gets up to no good, my kind of man

B

bakery5

Did you know at the NRL fan day, which was held today at homebush, they actually broke a record. It was for having the most amount of guys in one place with a IQ under 90. I say top efforts lads!!!

C

curious

bakery5 said:
Did you know at the NRL fan day, which was held today at homebush, they actually broke a record. It was for having the most amount of guys in one place with a IQ under 90. I say top efforts lads!!!
Mine was tested at 130 & hasn't been lessened by years of League & amateur boxing, unlike my willingness to suffer fools whose prejudment of others is based soley on the sport they support or play.

You guys are as funny as haemorrhoids on a gay honeymoon & as one eyed as Cyclops.

How many potential CC & football suppporters do you guys think you turn away from the game with this sort of childish shite eh?
Whilst you might gain personal entertainment at the expense of those that also enjoy other codes, the target of your childish rantings might just think, mistakenly or otherwise, that most football supporters are pompous arseholes that like to think they are above all others.

For many of us with little time for the very same boofhead behaviour so often claimed of supporters of other codes, it may be enough to convince us its preferable the CC football club stick the roung ball in a place the sun doesn't shine, rather than continually listen to stale putdowns & repetitive denigration.

meldraco

for gods sake take a chill pill buddy....i have heard much worse said about football fans from NRL fans..i am also a fan of NRL and AFL and i find these threads good for a giggle..."if you don't like it leave"

FFC Mariner

curious said:
adz said:
130 on one of those mcdonalds placemat things maybe
Adz, you sir are an immature f**king fool.

Note knuckledraggers using gays to make a point - anyway........................ here is another of these idiots at it again.

Bulldogs halfback 'assaulted police'
Posted February 4, 2008 09:30:00

Map: Wollongong 2500
A Canterbury Bulldogs NRL player has been charged with allegedly assaulting police officers outside a hotel at Wollongong on the New South Wales south coast.

Officers were called to a nightclub on Crown Street just before 3:00am (AEDT) yesterday.

They say they had to use capsicum spray on 22-year-old Ben Roberts of Narellan Vale after he reportedly refused to leave the area.

Police allege the football player was intoxicated when he was taken to the Wollongong police station.

He was charged with common assault and resisting arrest, and will face Wollongong Local Court on February 26.

dibo

meldraco said:
"if you don't like it leave"

there's room on here for more than one opinion, and curious was expressing his and had every right to do so. can we not have silly lines like this on the forum (even if intended as tongue in cheek)?

P

Pete

dibo said:
meldraco said:
"if you don't like it leave"

there's room on here for more than one opinion, and curious was expressing his and had every right to do so. can we not have silly lines like this on the forum (even if intended as tongue in cheek)?

Well, as you can see from the above posts, Curious has taken the second option offered to him. He's been a regular poster probably from close to Day 1 of the old forum. I liked his observations and disappointed he's now left the forum.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred