• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Next CCM Manager

FFC Mariner

From the esteemed Woking News and Mail (my mums local paper):He sounds perfect, cheap, shit and a record of abject failure. Interestingly, Woking have an owner who desperately wants out and is not putting any money in until he sells his shares. Their poor form is because of chronic under investment.

Hmmmmm

Limbrick: We’re in a relegation battle
By: Editorial Team
Published March 29, 2018, in Sport

FOOTBALL: WOKING boss Anthony Limbrick has finally conceded that his side are now playing for their Vanarama National League survival.

The Cards have only won two of their previous 17 league fixtures, both at home, which has seen them plummet in the table, where they now lie just four points above the relegation zone.

And while Woking’s season is not without its high points, their FA Cup run will be of little consolation if they cannot pick up more league points to avoid the drop.

Insertnamehere

Not even a year in a real job. Mostly working with kids not even close to youth team like u21/u18.
Miller has better credentials.
Just seems to be a conductor. "Tickets please"

Gratis

Surely not an option.

Fans have gone from desolate to having a glimmer of hope with a new coach on the horizon.
Backhand that hope with a pathetic coach signing and just watch the backlash

Gratis

The Covert Agent: Mike Mulvey and Arthur Papas favourites for Mariners coaching role

Goal's resident spy reveals the frontrunners for the managerial role after two high profile candidates reject the job

Championship-winning boss Mike Mulvey and coaching prospect Arthur Papas have emerged as favourites for the vacant Central Coast Mariners manager role.

The Covert Agent can reveal it's all but certain one of the duo will get the job replacing Paul Okon after several high-profile candidates withdrew their interest because of financial reasons.

It is understood former Premier League managers Stuart Pearce and Glenn Roeder put their hands up for the role but pulled out because their salary demands could not be met.

Mariners owner Mike Charlesworth conducted the interviews with Pearce and Roeder, and also spoke to former Melbourne City coach Michael Valkanis .

Wird Nottingham Forest im Sommer übernehmen: Stuart Pearce

English-born Mulvey won the 2013-14 A-League double with Brisbane Roar before being sacked shortly into the next season after a poor run of form.

He has spent the last four years in Malaysia, filling a variety of different roles with three clubs, including coach and technical director.

Papas has long been touted as a future A-League manager after impressing as an assistant coach with the Australian under 17's and Newcastle Jets.

He has recently been an assistant coach at Saudi Premier League club Ettifaq FC and has also spent time working in India.
http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/the-...papas-central-coast/s50c1h2ebq161sbfnsg4pvr4o

Wombat

I think we dodged a bullet with Pearce and Roeder. Lucky Pikey is too tight fisted for even the English bottom drawer candidates.

nebakke

For mine, I think I'd be happy with either. Mulvey is not ideal for me, not so sure about his ability to deal with the financial constrictions and still uncertain about his abilities but he certainly has promise on the face of it.
I think I'd prefer Pappas, his experience at the Jest would probably have prepared him somewhat for our circumstances, as would the NPL experience, not to mention that I'd still sort of like to us to recruit someone who isn't on the usual Fox shortlist... But true, it'd be skirting the brief.

Last edited:

Wombat

Mulvey is a good manager in my mind. Brisbane were foolish to sack him when they did. But he was a bit hard nosed and arrogant.

Psycho Chicken

I'm not convinced by Mulvey. How the hell do you go from winning the double to getting the sack in just six months!? You would have thought his position would have been unassailable which is apparently exactly what he thought. He was regarded as arrogant, his player recruitment was regarded as poor and he lost the players, he lost the football dept, he lost the board and ultimately his job.

JoyfulPenguin

Concerned about what I have heard from Brisbane fans about him over the years but he does meet our criteria. Personally would prefer Pappas or similar but on paper I don't think Mulvey is too bad a signing.

scoober

Concerned about what I have heard from Brisbane fans about him over the years but he does meet our criteria. Personally would prefer Pappas or similar but on paper I don't think Mulvey is too bad a signing.
Everyone is always learning and growing. Maybe after his sacking he has learnt from his mistakes?? He's been at different tenures in Thailand/ Malaysia the last few years and might look to us as providing some stability in work. Learning from his mistakes at Brisbane he might well prove those concerns wrong???
P.S I have no idea what the concerns were at Brisbane

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred