• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mulvey's gotta...go?

Should Mulvey go?

• Yes

Votes: 53 77.9%
  • No

Votes: 15 22.1%

• Total voters

Wombat

You concede 3 in 15 mins with your revised formation, so you swap your tall striker for your tiny one and your fit and firing left winger for your unfit one, leaving your best player on the bench.

Sadly we had to leave on our shitful keeper rather than replace him with our shitful reserve keeper.

It's time to give Mumford or Gauci a go......absolutely impossible to be any worse than Kennedy or Pearce.

Wombat

Maybe bring Nash out of retirement.

Btw I had a good laugh at Redmayne on our first goal. How does this muppet get away with it???

JoyfulPenguin

Maybe bring Nash out of retirement.

Btw I had a good laugh at Redmayne on our first goal. How does this muppet get away with it???
Was never A-League standard with Heart. If he was behind a different defence the last few years I reckon he would be at best a number 2.

Big Al

Shaun is in Melbourne today - just sayin'
With Mulvey. Just shown at the game.

They said Fornaroli is a free agent but then the the new commentator said why would you go watch a guy not playing and said some city youth kid has big raps and good be an option under the youth loan rule. DDS rule as we know it. They definitely up to something

Marquee

Mulvey is not the right coach to lead this team. Just read this article from Matt Ryan about Arnie and compare the man-management styles of both. Mulvey constantly uses excuses in the media, puts added pressure on players lacking confidence by dropping them or playing them out of position, and makes very poor tactical decisions.

His handling of Tom Hiariej has been a disgrace and it is hard to imagine any player on our roster speaking of Mulvey the way Ryan does of Arnie here. I'm sure the same could be said of his Brisbane Roar side.

https://www.playersvoice.com.au/maty-ryan-dipped-into-his-pocket/

The Mariners had less money than pretty much every team in the league, but it didn’t matter. Arnie knew what he wanted to build on the strong foundations set by Lawrie McKinna. Lack of resources was never used as an excuse.

I remember making a mistake against Melbourne Heart in my first A-League season and I was pretty beat up about it. He didn’t rant or rave or threaten to drop me. Instead, he took me aside, broke down what happened and addressed what I needed to do so I would not make the same mistake again.

When you have a manager like that, it eases the pressure on you. You’re not tight or tense or afraid of making a mistake and that allows you to play to your full potential for your manager and team. A boss who backs you is a wonderful thing for any player, young or old.

Timmah

"Mariners had less money than pretty much every team" doesn't mean too much on its own as a remark to be fair. My understanding of that time is that basically if Arnie asked for something from the powers that be for the football dept, he got it.

The story goes that the spending at that time on the football dept is what sent the club into debt enough that MC had to buy it to save it.

Agree with the remainder though, hopefully that attitude from Arnie helps the Socceroos to back-to-back Asian Cups.

Wombat

"Mariners had less money than pretty much every team" doesn't mean too much on its own as a remark to be fair. My understanding of that time is that basically if Arnie asked for something from the powers that be for the football dept, he got it.

The story goes that the spending at that time on the football dept is what sent the club into debt enough that MC had to buy it to save it.

Agree with the remainder though, hopefully that attitude from Arnie helps the Socceroos to back-to-back Asian Cups.

I'm told Arnie was given a beautiful apartment at Star of The Sea Terrigal and was allowed to sign quality players like Perez.

Since Pikey took over most managers have stayed at the Caravan Park at Wyoming and we have signed players like Fletcher, Appiah and Matt Sim.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred