• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Merged Thread - Danny Vukovic Red Card (outcome page 42)

Omni

dibo said:
Omni said:
Odd method of suspension, rather bizzare BUT it does still treat the offence as serious and doesn't ruin the kid's career so that's good I suppose.

it's making the punishment fit the PR rather than the regulations.

I agree, which Shield could potentially argue over if he wanted to, but I somehow doubt he would.

Andy

meldraco said:
Just read on fox sports that there allowing danny to play for ollyroos but still has 9 month ban

Technically, it is a Nine month ban in total.

Except, 3 months of the nine are suspended.

Plus the sentence is divided into two parts.

He'll be suspended from 24 February 2008 - June 28, then he'll be allowed to play in Olympics warm-up games and the Olympics campaign.

He'll then be suspended from A-League matches from August 29 - October 5. All up making an actual suspension of 6 months then 3 suspended (29 August 2008 - 25th January 2009)

Jaza_SFC

Hey kids, hit a referee and get an 8 game ban!

8 games ffs! That's all it is effectively when you factor in his ability to play in the Olympic Games. What an insult to the very nature of the referee and off-the-ball contact in the sport.

Next player to get banned for the GF should launch an appeal to have his ban suspended using this as a precedent.

Omni

Given the referee who hit a referee before him got ZERO games. But yep, it's the Grand Final that's how it goes, FFA could have saved a lot if the just banned him for a number of A-League games. It's a completely bizzare suspension and like Dibo mentioned probably doesn't fit the rules.

Hopefully they really crack down on mobbing the referee and contact this season, given how much Popovic (and various other FC players) does it it could be an interesting year.

It's actually more like 6 games ;)

Andy

Jaza_SFC said:

8 games ffs! That's all it is effectively when you factor in his ability to play in the Olympic Games. What an insult to the very nature of the referee and off-the-ball contact in the sport.

Next player to get banned for the GF should launch an appeal to have his ban suspended using this as a precedent.

You can also poke a referee as hard as you want in the chest and get away with it too.

Bear

Jaza_SFC said:

I really hoped someone didnt open this can of worms...

Omni

Andy said:
Jaza_SFC said:

You can also poke a referee as hard as you want in the chest and get away with it too.

Only if you wear Sky Blue ;)

marinermick

great post by Neddles (Ned Negus) on the Sydney forum:

Maybe if the FFA had put in a ban that fitted with global precedent in the first place and had a good judiciary system in place whereby a player had a fair trial, they wouldn't have been forced into doing what they have done now. As I have always said, the system of sentencing was flawed, the matching of crime to punishment was flawed and natural justice was not observed...As soon as a lawyer got near it the FFA was taken to pieces.

Moral of the story: Make sure your rules aren't legally ridiculous in the first place

~Floss~

Let's hope the FFA have things all sorted out for next season so there is an effective and efficient system to provide consistency, fairness and accountability of all players and officials equally.

dibo

~Floss~ said:
Let's hope the FFA have things all sorted out for next season so there is an effective and efficient system to provide consistency, fairness and accountability of all players and officials equally.

bingo!

Andy

Just a quick thought.

IF Australia don't make it past the group stage, our final game be on August 13 (vs Ivory Coast), could Danny then play in the A-League games before the second part of the ban which starts on August 29?

P

Pete

aussiecross said:
nice will try that this weekend...being a newcastle comp i should get away with a yellow

Con will probably try to sign you, and squadron members will want to have a look at your 'kit'.

MrCelery

$10,000 fine.

That's equivalent to copping five speeding fines for exceeding the limit by more than 45 km/h (in a school zone).

Or 127 speeding tickets for going not in excess of 15km over the limit.

Ouch!

Who was it that said football is more important that life or death? Not wrong!

BAD BULLZ

if it come down to it im sure the 1000+ danny fans who signed that petition and others would be willing to chip in $5-$10 each to send danny to olympics and make the differance between australia winning gold or bombing out early ;)
I'm so happy he made it i would ov been gutted but settled for him missing whole aleague season in exchange for danny getting chance to reprezent.
I think now they have some sort of precident to work out fair n just punishments now.lets hope they do.

Jocwa08

Thats Awesome !
I was so happy when i read it.

But im too lazy to do the math,
how many a-league games does
he miss out on ?

.......Olympics gold medal match!
Messi goes down in the box !
Messi looks confident, shoots
Danny Vukovic.... SAVES IT !!
Matty Simon nets one late in the
game 2-1.