• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

McKINNA OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aden

Marinerchick said:
im not saying there isnt a problem with the club
i think managment was very stupid for letting jedi go as we have had a shocking run since then
the thing is everyone on this forum cant get over the fact that we lost  last night and they have to find someone to blame it on and in this case all you lot blame it on lawrie hence the reason i said GROW UP!
agree i think we have a few sore losers in here.. they should just go and support  clubs who like never lose 

FFC Mariner

Aden said:
Marinerchick said:
i think managment was very stupid for letting jedi go as we have had a shocking run since then
the thing is everyone on this forum cant get over the fact that we lost  last night and they have to find someone to blame it on and in this case all you lot blame it on lawrie hence the reason i said GROW UP!
agree i think we have a few sore losers in here.. they should just go and support  clubs who like never lose 

Utter bollocks

Who is saying they wont come back? No one.

This is a debate on what we think needs to be done to move the club forward. Changing Managers/coaches/players is a part of that debate.

Its what a forum actually is

You dont have to agree, or read it or even participate.

Aden

FFC Mariner said:
As far as I can tell, the players we have lost out on over the past 12 or so months include

Skoko (v strong rumours)
Costanzo
Miller
Aloi$i (we made an offer but SFC trumped it)

I wonder who else laughed at the $$ we offered?
by any chance would u  happen to be a man united fan or a chelsea fan  in disguise as a fulham fan or what . if so i can understand the sour grapes  bout losing a few matches ur not use to it . and if a chelsea fan then i see also where u get ur desire to splash money about .

Aden

FFC Mariner said:
Aden said:
Marinerchick said:

Utter bollocks

Who is saying they wont come back? No one.

This is a debate on what we think needs to be done to move the club forward. Changing Managers/coaches/players is a part of that debate.

Its what a forum actually is

You dont have to agree, or read it or even participate.

im sure this forum also has a no fool policy aswell.. 

the point is  Lawrie isnt going anywhere so deal with it .. nothing we say here is gonna get him fired so  enjoy life and show a bit of support instead of moaning

Deej

FMMH said:
I very rarely post on this forum, but all this calling for Lawrie's head is absurd. Only one person in this entire thread has mentioned our CEO Lyall. Let's remember folks, he controls the money the coaching staff are allowed to spend.

The gaffa wanted to sign Charlie Miller before the start of the season and was told no, would that signing of changed our season ... who knows, I don't think it would have hurt it anymore. As someone mentioned previously we actually turned a profit last year but where has the money gone?

If Lyall is so scared of spending money on players maybe he shouldn't be knocking back 1.3million dollars of sponsorship money just because it's coming from a brewery, instead settling for what ever Central Coast Tourism and Business is giving us (no more than 300k a year, at a guess. I'm sure someone can confirm this).

Bad decisions have been made from the top of this club, you all rant on about how well the club is run and while i agree for the most, part bad decision have been made from the people that control the club. The coach can only spend what his given, and has done the best he can with what he has got to work with.

Lawrie shouldn't be going anywhere next year, but he should be able to go and recruit where recruitment is needed, but this will only happen if he is given money to play with. The club certainly has the money. I mean, we made what 400-600k on Jedi and he would have cost the club no more than 140k over the past two years.

Let's not forget that the competition is only 4 years old and we have made 2 grand finals. In 6 more years we have made another 3 grand finals, I'll be more than happy.

I fkn agree

money_2.jpg

SHOW ME THE MONEY  :fireup:

Marquee

FFC Mariner said:
As far as I can tell, the players we have lost out on over the past 12 or so months include

Skoko (v strong rumours)
Costanzo
Miller

I can see why we missed out of Skoko, prob asked for alot, yet that would have been a massive marquee signing.
I don't get Miller and Costanzo, both players inside the the cap at other clubs. Perhaps Miller came at the wrong time for us and couldn't fit him in, but Constanzo should have been fine.
I mean next season - no Sash, no Osman, no Jedi, and room to cut at least 3-4 players means there should be plenty to spend. Rizzo and Kwas you'd think would be on chicken feed after being cut from bottom of the table clubs.
If we can't afford for a full salary cap then we are in HUGE shite.

Aden

look i bet you if we do well next season the whole lot of u who are bad mouthing lawrie now will jump on the bandwagon and say what a great coach he is hahah .  we just need a few quality signings and a few less whinging supporters

Marquee

Aden said:
look i bet you if we do well next season the whole lot of u who are bad mouthing lawrie now will jump on the bandwagon and say what a great coach he is hahah .  we just need a few quality signings and a few less whinging supporters
Very true...
But what we are discussing here is how/who is going to get these few quality signings and when. We are discussing this apparent lack of finance and what steps we think the club should take. Please don't mistake anger and impatience for a lack of support for the club. We are frustrated because we support the club so much it hurts to see us do badly. 

garlo1

boysss and girls. . . .
i jump on the forum today after yes . . .a horrible night . .expecting to see some words from u guys along the lines of -
"we had a good season pity about the end"
"bring on the acl"
"queensland outplayed us"

but to come on here and see this crap . .lets get serious
lawrie mckinna is the best thing thats happened to central coast football
the road that he has taken us down in 4 short years is nothing short of amazing
and to want his head on the chopping block after what is it  . .6  bad games?
ur all a joke and i agree wit aden u shuld go support some other team if ur willing to turn on ur own man

now say this with me

BRING ON THE ACL AND MCKINNA TO STAY !!!!

try it
it feels good!

haha have a good day

Aden

Marquee said:
Aden said:
Very true...
But what we are discussing here is how/who is going to get these few quality signings and when. We are discussing this apparent lack of finance and what steps we think the club should take. Please don't mistake anger and impatience for a lack of support for the club. We are frustrated because we support the club so much it hurts to see us do badly. 

thats understandable but we all are experiencing this aswell but we dont go blaming the coach for somethein that is not just his fault .  we have to find the source of these problems and not blame the easiest candidate. lawrie

FMMH

David Votoupal said:
Well, so far the Mariners have done well. But what of the future with the league improving in standard and expanding?

See my above post about knocking back big sponsorship dollars. If we had taken the money our future would be looking a lot brighter and we would be on the improve.

bjw

bjw
Aden said:
FFC Mariner said:

Skoko (v strong rumours)
Costanzo
Miller

by any chance would u  happen to be a man united fan or a chelsea fan  in disguise as a fulham fan or what . if so i can understand the sour grapes  bout losing a few matches ur not use to it . and if a chelsea fan then i see also where u get ur desire to splash money about .

:popcorn:

NewyForever

The Mariners are in big enough turmoil at the moment with Jedi gone and 5 losses in a row.  The last thing your mob needs is a stupid knee-jerk reaction.

FFC Mariner

brennan said:
Aden said:
FFC Mariner said:

Skoko (v strong rumours)
Costanzo
Miller

:popcorn:

No, too easy to attack him. That's what people of limited intellect want you to do. They are educationally unable to engage in any reasoned debate they just try to start a row.

Auburn Mariner

Razorback said:
Auburn Mariner said:
No, our gaffer must stay.

Simple as that.

Why? At least provide an opinion.

Very well, Razorback.

We face an interesting future. We have done pretty well over the 4 years of the A-League. We have done well with a stable club. Our gaffer is pivotal to this. We don't make knee-jerk reactions (Sydney FC, anyone??), we don't have a completely off-the planet owner, we do things OUR way.

OUR way has been OK so far. Lawrie McKinna & HIS & OUR Central Coast Mariners have a busy and important few months ahead, and the over-the-top, childish rot posted on here about wanting his head will achieve nothing.

Lawrie stays, the club gets aggressive with recruiting and delisting, we move on.

Bring on the ACL.

Gav...

:goodpost:

Great Post Auburn, this is another thread of rubbish, we made the finals and lost, there are 4 teams who didnt even make the finals.

FFC Mariner

Gav... said:
:goodpost:

Great Post Auburn, this is another thread of rubbish, we made the finals and lost, there are 4 teams who didnt even make the finals.

So nothing is wrong, we have the recruitment we need and you are happy with the way we play are you?

This thread title is misleading because it should not be a "vote" on whether people want LM retained or not (I'm for keeping him but adding coaching brains personally).

What it should be is a forum for people to debate what they believe we need going forward.

fruitbat

Deej said:
LOL at people suggesting McKinna out, he's done more things for this club than anyone ever will.  We just need some confidence back, oh and replacement for Mile!

We need a chairman willing to spend some money on marquee players.
Countryhick said:
He knows that, we know that. And he has delivered tripe all season.

Rubbish - I remember 2 very good results against Newcastle, we were a chance of top spot up until our loss to QLD.

A poor end to the season and people talk about this crap

Pffft!
Newcastle are the wooden spooners.

FFC Mariner

We have lost 5 games on the trot against teams that finished above us. Says something about where we stand surely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred