• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

McKINNA OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyftw

For those of you who do not have an understanding of the current economic crisis, I ask how many of you are in the market for a new car, not a Ford or Commodore but a brand new BMW. The holding pattern the Mariners maybe in - not buying - is astute business management  in the current economic climate. I would much rather have a team to support for the long term with a good business plan supporting the local community and the kids - than short term success with overpriced payers which may adversely impact on the long term economic stability of the club. Difficult economic times are ahead for all of us - I am grateful we have a well managed local team to support for now and into the future. Hard business decisions are never easy to make but they need to be made to ensure the longevity of the club. I would love the club to buy a marquee, I would also love to buy a brand new BMW. 

Azza-Mataz

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
Countryhick said:
Yes there are a lot of other factors, but at the end of the day, the manager wears the responsibility for the teams results. He knows that, we know that. And he has delivered tripe all season.

Yes, how dare we support a manager who's gotten us into the finals every year bar one...clearly he's no good for our team.

IMO, he couldn't have done much better with the players he's got. 

i agree BUT...he is the coach he choses his players, coaches werent the problem, queensland were better, move on!

Razorback

Some good posts lads but I think of it like this. Yes I am a supporter of the club first and foremost, I am also a customer. I pay to watch the mariners, I buy merchandise, I encourage other rugby players to go to the game, I drink the pig swill that they serve up at the stadium and I cheer when we win. This is my stake in the club. My dollars, no one elses. So why should I not expect a better product for my money. Everyone is saying LM has done wonders for the club (no arguement there), "much more than anyone else" (here's my problem). We are 4 years old FFS. This is short sighted IMO and naive not to assume that there is not someone else that could do a better job in managing our team.

The league and game has changed this year in Australia. LM has shown that he has been carried by Fergie, questional selections, clearly has favourites in the team (How hutcho gets selecte every week blows my mind), recruits deadwood from other teams (Kwas and Rizzo) and finally and most importantly has lost 5 on the trot showing that he doesn't have the managerial nouse to take this team any further.

Lawrie Out +1 (Thanks for the memories)

nero

Lawrie deserves to finish his contract with the club. We just need to get a CD with euro experience to help our current defenders. A marquee to replace Hutch or Jedi would be well worth it too.

The last 20mins of the game last night reminded me of the way CCM use to play football. When they play like that they can beat anyone.

Marinerchick

you all have to wake up to yourselves
get the f**k over it we lost its the end of the season
we have the ACL and everything else to look forword to
grow up ffs

arakoon

WHY!!!!!!f**k me we have not scored since the 10th january we have been playing 3 up front for the last month mckinna then decides to change that last week and last night untill the second half and look how much the game opened up after the 3 were up front..Last week when we conceeded the second goal we take gumps off (not sure if he got a knock) to put clarke on..to me that jst conceeding defeat of the 2 goals at home lets get a result up there..rubbish.watchn last night ogrady boogs and wilkinson are so slow and lacking that speed at the back all game there standing flat footed to van dyke zullo etc and got absolutely carved up o grady is ..we really need a quality centre back because honestly all wilkinson can do well is talk in front of a camera..we got $800.000 for jedi plus the money for osmann and we are buying these wingers that we dnt need.we have elrich coming along well for asia caseras gumps, we have heff porter that can push forward also..We need a quality centre back and a replacement for jedi if not we are going to get smashed in asia.And know one is talking about the gaffer but he really needs to come under the microscope here its bullshit we have scraped through the finals god knows how havent scored in weeks plays with 3 up front at home for the last 2 months changes it last week and doesnt do it again until we are 3-0 on aggregate.our home form is appauling we leak way to many goals  at home.even when we were premiers last  year over xmas we lost 5-4 to sydney and a week later 5-2 to melb.come on mckinna step up mate coz this is a joke

Razorback

Auburn Mariner said:
No, our gaffer must stay.

Simple as that.

Why? At least provide an opinion.

Marinerchick said:
you all have to wake up to yourselves
get the f**k over it we lost its the end of the season
we have the ACL and everything else to look forword to
grow up ffs
Grow up? WTF has that got to do with anything? What about the ACL have we got to look forward to? Embarrassment?
Have you been watching the last month? Wake up to yourself, your clearly deluded if you can't accept that there is a problem with our club ATM!

Marinerchick

im not saying there isnt a problem with the club
i think managment was very stupid for letting jedi go as we have had a shocking run since then
the thing is everyone on this forum cant get over the fact that we lost  last night and they have to find someone to blame it on and in this case all you lot blame it on lawrie hence the reason i said GROW UP!

Marquee

With the league being so young, I think our club has a huge opportunity to become a powerhouse in this country. Clubs like Melbourne are well on their way to becoming one of these with high-quality recruitment, off the field stability and a fantastic supporters base with very large crowds. Gold Coast are trying to replicate this with the attitude that good players and good football will bring the crowds, and i tend to agree. The positives with becoming a powerhouse club is that we are more likely to attract big name players, big name sponsors and investors.

Like the old saying goes, money makes money, and I feel that investing into the club now will see benefits down the track. Im reading the points people are making about us not having any money and about the financial crisis, but hang on, are every other team in the same boat. Let me remind you, according to 442's Australian Football's Rich list - two of our backers rank in the top 10 with 7. Kevin McCabe, $455m and 9=. John Singleton, $200m. Even if the reports of no money are true, will an unsuccessful debut ACL campaign improve that? I think not. I remember someone of here saying awhile back imagine if we made two consecutive ACL's and imagine how appealing that would be to sponsors if they knew they had two guaranteed years exposure in Asia, and if we had a squad that could go places, perhaps even longer. 

So im saying, we need to fix whatever problems we have, so we don't fall into the Blackburn/Fulham/Everton scenario. While we have the chance we should push ourselves as the front runners and not play catch up for the next 5-10 years.

FFC Mariner

Interesting that the hysterical posts are starting to come from those who refuse to see the dangerous position this club is in.

If any enterprise underperforms, it is the responsibility of its leadership to analyse where it went wrong and look to get things back on track.

Simply chucking more money at something that isnt working v well is not good management (or likely to succeed)

We have under estimated the strides made by other clubs in their ability to either recruit overseas (Melb & Adelaide) or bring through quality young players (Qld and to a lesser extent SFC)

Add that to what are obvious coaching weaknesses (passing/organisation etc etc) and you have a recipe for long term decline.

The message from the club will be "its all good" but will be v interesting to see what they actually d obehind the scenes. I believe 2 things will show us.

1) Who gets released this season and our recruitment (incl NYL)

2) Any back room restructures

ponno

reading these posts you would think we finished last.... ffs we made the finals even if it was not convincing we could be in a lot worse shape ie newcastle

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Lawrie out!!!..F**K that....lets shift Tobin first... given his underwhelming "skill" with the NYL and the horrible shape the boys adopted after he took over from Fergie....

deano

arakoon said:
WHY!!!!!!f**k me we have not scored since the 10th january we have been playing 3 up front for the last month mckinna then decides to change that last week and last night untill the second half and look how much the game opened up after the 3 were up front..Last week when we conceeded the second goal we take gumps off (not sure if he got a knock) to put clarke on..to me that jst conceeding defeat of the 2 goals at home lets get a result up there..rubbish.watchn last night ogrady boogs and wilkinson are so slow and lacking that speed at the back all game there standing flat footed to van dyke zullo etc and got absolutely carved up o grady is ..we really need a quality centre back because honestly all wilkinson can do well is talk in front of a camera..we got $800.000 for jedi plus the money for osmann and we are buying these wingers that we dnt need.we have elrich coming along well for asia caseras gumps, we have heff porter that can push forward also..We need a quality centre back and a replacement for jedi if not we are going to get smashed in asia.And know one is talking about the gaffer but he really needs to come under the microscope here its bullshit we have scraped through the finals god knows how havent scored in weeks plays with 3 up front at home for the last 2 months changes it last week and doesnt do it again until we are 3-0 on aggregate.our home form is appauling we leak way to many goals  at home.even when we were premiers last  year over xmas we lost 5-4 to sydney and a week later 5-2 to melb.come on mckinna step up mate coz this is a joke

Awww, Do you feel better now you have gotten that out of your system?  ::)

PS: There is a search button to find existing threads, please use it next time.

FFC Mariner

ponno said:
reading these posts you would think we finished last.... ffs we made the finals even if it was not convincing we could be in a lot worse shape ie newcastle

Being less worse than another side does not make you good. That the scum are a cluster f**k in free fall only masks our failings.

We made 4th because SFC and the Scum imploded and we also were 4th with the lowest points total so far. That says to me that we didnt earn 4th, just that 2 other clubs worked v hard to f**k up.

FMMH

I very rarely post on this forum, but all this calling for Lawrie's head is absurd. Only one person in this entire thread has mentioned our CEO Lyall. Let's remember folks, he controls the money the coaching staff are allowed to spend.

The gaffa wanted to sign Charlie Miller before the start of the season and was told no, would that signing of changed our season ... who knows, I don't think it would have hurt it anymore. As someone mentioned previously we actually turned a profit last year but where has the money gone?

If Lyall is so scared of spending money on players maybe he shouldn't be knocking back 1.3million dollars of sponsorship money just because it's coming from a brewery, instead settling for what ever Central Coast Tourism and Business is giving us (no more than 300k a year, at a guess. I'm sure someone can confirm this).

Bad decisions have been made from the top of this club, you all rant on about how well the club is run and while i agree for the most, part bad decision have been made from the people that control the club. The coach can only spend what his given, and has done the best he can with what he has got to work with.

Lawrie shouldn't be going anywhere next year, but he should be able to go and recruit where recruitment is needed, but this will only happen if he is given money to play with. The club certainly has the money. I mean, we made what 400-600k on Jedi and he would have cost the club no more than 140k over the past two years.

Let's not forget that the competition is only 4 years old and we have made 2 grand finals. In 6 more years we have made another 3 grand finals, I'll be more than happy.

FFC Mariner

As far as I can tell, the players we have lost out on over the past 12 or so months include

Skoko (v strong rumours)
Costanzo
Miller
Aloisi (we made an offer but SFC trumped it)

I wonder who else laughed at the $$ we offered?

Aden

Razorback said:
Some good posts lads but I think of it like this. Yes I am a supporter of the club first and foremost, I am also a customer. I pay to watch the mariners, I buy merchandise, I encourage other rugby players to go to the game, I drink the pig swill that they serve up at the stadium and I cheer when we win. This is my stake in the club. My dollars, no one elses. So why should I not expect a better product for my money. Everyone is saying LM has done wonders for the club (no arguement there), "much more than anyone else" (here's my problem). We are 4 years old FFS. This is short sighted IMO and naive not to assume that there is not someone else that could do a better job in managing our team.

The league and game has changed this year in Australia. LM has shown that he has been carried by Fergie, questional selections, clearly has favourites in the team (How hutcho gets selecte every week blows my mind), recruits deadwood from other teams (Kwas and Rizzo) and finally and most importantly has lost 5 on the trot showing that he doesn't have the managerial nouse to take this team any further.

Lawrie Out +1 (Thanks for the memories)

IMO ur being short sighted for wanting to sack him after less then 2 months of bad results.. and also being hypoctical for sayin we are being short sighted because as u said we are only  " 4 years old" and  u want a quick fix just so ur not wasteing 20 dollars or so at home games well mate football doesnt work like that and  if thats a problem u can always stay home and watch the game on tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred