• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Matchday 24 versus Plastics

Insertnamehere

Last one from me.. only just got to Nizzy’s goal.. so funny. He dances straight through them and they are all kinda looking around him like .. “where are you going with that little buddy?” ?
I was yelling at him to shoot when he was still 5 or so metres outside the box. He kept running and no one jumped out at him.

10 goods.

LFCMariners

Awesome crowd + atmosphere last night, and (short of a win) the ideal send-off for the regular home season.

Danny's best game all season in goal, and the team as a whole played as well as they did against Brisbane last fortnight but (obviously) came up against a much more capable side. Hopefully the squad stay fit and out of trouble with the officials, because it looks like we're peaking at just the right time. Even my outlook on the conclusion to this season is a pessimistic one (GF in Sydney and all). Saying that, this coming week marks the 10th anniversary of our maiden Championship, and going into that game I was more pessimistic than I've ever been leading into a match.

So make of that what you will...

Big Al

Played probably our best whole game in a few months, when we were without possession it wasn’t for long periods and we weren’t turning the ball over to often to put ourselves under pressure.

Got caught a few times turning into the middle and getting caught by their press but overall the best we have dealt with it against City who aren’t the same as they were under Kisnorbo.

A few players rose to the occasion and had their best games of the season.

I think we got excited a but to much with the punch it long from Danny, especially as we aren’t quick but did get through a couple of times but last 10 minutes it caused turnovers that put pressure on us we didn’t need.

Kaltak at RB. Anybody have that curveball in their bingo card. Was actually very astute as he is quick and city do leave a whole for the cross field ball but we we’re better with Nizzy coming up that side and picking the whole as they do leave some room.

Beni was good early and used his height to win the duel and drop it back to Niz. Worked really well early but he was a tad lazy to help Storm on the goal although Storm was loose but worse was in the second half he had the ball on the right and storm was flying through a massive hole from a long way back and Beni had his head down and tried his tricks unsuccessfully and missed Storm altogether and he would have got very deep in the box. He’s not playing as well this year.

How good is a Nizzy goal

Fantastic game to watch, very exciting and some spectacular saves.

midfielder

Someone correct me if I am wrong but only ten percent of the pink jersey auction proceeds went to the Cancer Council? Wasn’t past years one hundred percent?

And where were the donation buckets this year? I wanted to give money but not buy a jersey.
If true. (If) that's a disgrace. Greed is an ugly thing

If true.. its pennywise and pound foolish as it leaves a nasty taste... and makes you think about other actives and are they also raided and thus no support... not a good look for the community club if true..

Corsair

Someone correct me if I am wrong but only ten percent of the pink jersey auction proceeds went to the Cancer Council? Wasn’t past years one hundred percent?

And where were the donation buckets this year? I wanted to give money but not buy a jersey.
I assumed it was a typo, maybe not.

From the FB post:

Hi All, This year we announced at the very start that money from this round would be raised for Cancer Council & The Yellow and Navy Foundation. This year Cancer Council's primary objective was centred around an awareness campaign and less focused on fundraising elements. Despite this, we included fundraising elements to the campaign whilst also supporting the Yellow and Navy Foundation and providing a platform for other causes such as Bears of Hope. It is important to highlight that the Central Coast Mariners will not retain any funds from the Auction. This always has been and always will be a charitable round and we have contributed a considerable amount of time and money to give back. ??

Probably only 10% of the shirt should be pink then?!

FFC Mariner

I assumed it was a typo, maybe not.

From the FB post:

Hi All, This year we announced at the very start that money from this round would be raised for Cancer Council & The Yellow and Navy Foundation. This year Cancer Council's primary objective was centred around an awareness campaign and less focused on fundraising elements. Despite this, we included fundraising elements to the campaign whilst also supporting the Yellow and Navy Foundation and providing a platform for other causes such as Bears of Hope. It is important to highlight that the Central Coast Mariners will not retain any funds from the Auction. This always has been and always will be a charitable round and we have contributed a considerable amount of time and money to give back. ??

Probably only 10% of the shirt should be pink then?!
That foundation is Anton's charity tax dodge isn't it?

Corsair

How he funds the academy and claims it as a charitable foundation I meant.
Very weak reasons posted by the club for skimming a charity.
Easy ?. It does leave a bad smell though, many of those donations would have been based on them going to cancer research, I don't think this was clearly communicated but I doubt it was intentionally misleading.

Last edited:

Corsair

Welcome to CCM. Great to have you aboard ?
TBH I could do without this drama and distraction. Best season for years, massive derby game in 3 days. Focus on the football and enjoy it. Yeah selfish but I'm a member of a football club that I've poured a lot of time and years of support into through some really dark times. This is our fkn moment in the light as supporters, at last, let's 'av it and stop bitching at the club. They're giving 100% of proceeds to charity. It could be zero, there's no obligation to do anything for charity, sometimes I think these efforts get taken for granted and expected.

FTS. Let's focus on that. We're a real chance for Asia cup at this point. COYY. Bring your support.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred