• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Matchday 24 versus Plastics

Jerem

What a game. On the balance probs a fair result. Citeh really are flat under Vado.

Niz finally getting a few goals. It was nice of citeh to stand off him and let him shoot.

Its great we're settled on our best xi just a few weeks from finals.
Nkololo would do well to discard a bit of his laziness

Edit: not saying he is a lazy player but I saw a lot of it yesterday

Last edited:

Jerem

Lt. Dan was immense

Kaltex on?, just imagine if that shot nested in the top left?

Just a cracking game!

Mom Danny, niz
2 , Mcgarry

Wombat

Top quality game.Drawn games can be so good though people who follow other codes can't understand this.

Both teams went for it all game.Danny's best game for us all season.

I know Faghani is not everyone's cup of tea but he lets the game flow and that is good refereeing.

If we had Aiden O'Neill and Nizzy playing together we would romp the comp.Having said that I thought Balard had a good game.

I know many would disagree but I feel McGarry is now ahead of Farrell in the LB position.He is a better attacker and though not as physical in defence as Faz he is more aware of where his opponent is positioned.Yes Pierias did expose him several times with his pace last week but as the game went on he was able to cope better with him
Disagree. Thought he was caught out badly again tonight defensively a couple of times but got better as the game went on.

O'Neill is quality and we let him go....sigh.

gemkayem

Unreal game that. Talk about “won’t back down.” That’s what the Mariners are all about. Couple of little individual things that Monty probably won’t be happy with but the way the boys pulled together as a group was great.

Credit to the crowd too - I know there was some cheapie tickets but 10.5k against an out of state team is a good effort. Looked great on telly.

Wombat

I think with Moresche he just needs time,it took Storm a few years to get back to a decent standard... :popcorn:
6 years? Storm was back to average tonight and got mugged for the goal. Moresche is a player for sure and like you say he is only going to get better with game time and confidence.

Wombat

Hopefully that shows the Danny doubters (yes, they still exist) how valuable he is - shot stopping was exceptional tonight, as was his marshalling of the back 4.

We will miss Cumdog Millionaire I fear.
Easily Danny's best game of the year. Our back 4 were sloppy AF and Danny saved them 4 or 5 times tonight.

Danny actually got my MOM tonight and he looked switched on from the start.

Wombat

Unreal game that. Talk about “won’t back down.” That’s what the Mariners are all about. Couple of little individual things that Monty probably won’t be happy with but the way the boys pulled together as a group was great.

Credit to the crowd too - I know there was some cheapie tickets but 10.5k against an out of state team is a good effort. Looked great on telly.
Looked even better at the game.

Wombat

Danny 3pts
Niz 2Pts
Triantis 1pt

An arm wrestle with the best side in the comp was nice to watch. Good atmosphere and a great crowd.
Sloppy defensively but we also put in a massive shift all over the park and we made Glover work hard too.

Its us, the plastics and the pissants with the drive bys as the 4 good sides this season. Everyone else is below our collective level imho.

Corsair

We couldnt afford him - we still cant
You can see the money throughout their squad. They looked a big tall team across the park with the exception of Tilio and the depth of their bench is ridiculous. For us to be competing with such a massive discrepancy of budget is amazing really, a lot of credit to the coaching staff and big props to the boys for the team spirit and showing up for each other.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred