• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Matchday 24 versus Plastics

marinermick

Real test of our finals credentials. Last two matches we played two very ordinary sides. You can only play what is in front of you and we did quite well, minus being wasteful in front of goals.

Bar injury (Silvera? Beni?) or illness Montgomery will play the same starting eleven and same bench. He has always rewarded these results.

Another mad dash from my game to the stadium.

Forum Phoenix

Interesting challenge. City have been flat by their standards but we still need to keep improving

Don’t think Monty will drop anyone from that side. Faz would be the toughest coaching call still for mine - given he won’t drop Beni for Theo given he scored even though he was the most wasteful of our forwards,

We have a serious attacking bench and Faz is great defensive cover.

Meerkat

Yup. Nix were looking threatening until Coty scored. Still managed to equalise and then just rolled over.
Maclaren on a goal drought until a brace this afternoon. ?
Hoping City will be cocky but tired and we come out firing. The city goals weren’t magic, pretty text book.. surely Monty and Serg have it clocked.

Last edited:

Insertnamehere

Interesting challenge. City have been flat by their standards but we still need to keep improving

Don’t think Monty will drop anyone from that side. Faz would be the toughest coaching call still for mine - given he won’t drop Beni for Theo given he scored even though he was the most wasteful of our forwards,

We have a serious attacking bench and Faz is great defensive cover.
Faz and Mcgarry is a tough one. McGarry has been great in attack but he got caught out by peirais numerous times last game. He is a weaker defender than Faz but a better attacker. IMO

JoyfulPenguin

City are beatable, Rado doesn't have them as tightly structured as Paddy Kisnorbo did, there are definetly chinks in the armour now.

If the Phoenix could finish, and probably had Wooton fit as well, they could have beaten City. City don't know how to deal with a set defence, if we can score early and dig in we can beat them.

Forum Phoenix

Faz and Mcgarry is a tough one. McGarry has been great in attack but he got caught out by peirais numerous times last game. He is a weaker defender than Faz but a better attacker. IMO
TBF I think that's a bit of an aberation, Pierias burns everyone for pace. And Faz got done when he came on too. I think Faz goes in harder but I'm not sure yet he is actually a better defender than McGarry. rate both highly. Good problem to have.

Archie

Anyone else having problems with the “bring a mate through the gate”? My mates tried to sign up but it keeps saying “entry limit has been reached”. Does this mean that all GA tickets have already been sold or I am I just doing something wrong?

JoyfulPenguin

City aren't they invincibles they were under Kisnorbo

Without Leckie tracking back and decreasing his defensive workload Talbot is a weakness for them.

Talbot isn’t a natural right back, he came through Sydney's youth system as a midfielder, and doesn't yet have the requisite positonal sense.

Tillio also doesn't track back, McGarry's overlapping and marauding attacking runs could do some real damage if we target their right side.

City's are also fairly depleted. Their bench on the weekend had only two non scholarship players. It's rather telling that despite being 2 goals up and Wellington having had a player sent off they only gave one of those youngsters significant minutes.

City are vulnerable and beatable.

Tevor

City aren't they invincibles they were under Kisnorbo

Without Leckie tracking back and decreasing his defensive workload Talbot is a weakness for them.

Talbot isn’t a natural right back, he came through Sydney's youth system as a midfielder, and doesn't yet have the requisite positonal sense.

Tillio also doesn't track back, McGarry's overlapping and marauding attacking runs could do some real damage if we target their right side.

City's are also fairly depleted. Their bench on the weekend had only two non scholarship players. It's rather telling that despite being 2 goals up and Wellington having had a player sent off they only gave one of those youngsters significant minutes.

City are vulnerable and beatable.
They mentioned Leckie and Van Der Venne are both nearing a return however I doubt we will see them this weekend or if we do it will be as a sub. They have a good lead on Adelaide and don't need to risk bringing back these players earlier than required.

I was somewhat hopeful they would be beat the Nix as they now come into our game with next to no pressure. The Nix showed how important it is to take your chances and Zawada and Barbarouses both missed very good opportunities one on one with Glover. City clicked for 20 mins and the Nix looked all over the place and that was the game done. Not to mention the clear pen that was waved away when Good bulldozed through Zawada.

Agree this could be a good chance for us and then keeps some pressure on the Reds for second place. Just need to keep the goal scoring mojo heading in the right direction. Also we have looked so much better with Triantis and Kaltak back together for two games. Need these two to stay fit and not suspended to keep the City front third under control.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred