• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Match thread - Kawasaki Frontale 21/04/09

marinerbhoy

brett said:
marinermick said:
bugger, bugger, bugger

jetstar currently has sydney to toyko for $299

dates are 10/5 - 29/5 though

FFA conspiracy :mad:

something will come up. almost always does. its looking less and less likely that i can make this game. so jealous of all of you.

serious14

Righto lads, just warning you now (still in Japan as I type this)......

START SAVING MONEY.  NOW!!!!  This is quite possibly the most expensive country in the world, and even only eating 2 meals (local food) a day and not catching taxi's or buying a single thing, I am still noticing up to $60 departing my wallet on a daily basis.  If you want to have anything remotely resembling a good time (and a few drinks on the side - cheapest I can find Smirnoff is about $12 for the low strength non-black stuff) you're going to want to have spare $'s (or yen as the case may be) to go around.

_Great_ city though, would come back in a heartbeat if I had the money to enjoy it more.  ;D

Bear

serious14 said:
and even only eating 2 meals (local food) a day and not catching taxi's or buying a single thing, I am still noticing up to $60 departing my wallet on a daily basis

so it costs $60 Australian for 10 zooper doopers a day? Sheesh thats a bit harsh

serious14

Bearinator said:
serious14 said:
and even only eating 2 meals (local food) a day and not catching taxi's or buying a single thing, I am still noticing up to $60 departing my wallet on a daily basis

so it costs $60 Australian for 10 zooper doopers a day? Sheesh thats a bit harsh

Perhaps I should charge you that much for them...... you eat enough of mine.  :fireup:

marinerbhoy

serious14 said:

START SAVING MONEY.  NOW!!!!   This is quite possibly the most expensive country in the world, and even only eating 2 meals (local food) a day and not catching taxi's or buying a single thing, I am still noticing up to $60 departing my wallet on a daily basis.  If you want to have anything remotely resembling a good time (and a few drinks on the side - cheapest I can find Smirnoff is about $12 for the low strength non-black stuff) you're going to want to have spare $'s (or yen as the case may be) to go around.

_Great_ city though, would come back in a heartbeat if I had the money to enjoy it more.  ;D

yes and no. depends on your lifestyle. if you dont drink alcohol everyday then you elimate that problem there. you can eat at yoshinoya or any other japanese fast food joint and get local fare for only about $5aud a meal, but if you go to a restraunt you might as well get a bank loan. trains can get expensive, but if you use your legs you can elimate a 160yen train ride here and there. dont be scared ppl, it can be done cheaply here.

Bear

serious14 said:
Bearinator said:
serious14 said:

Perhaps I should charge you that much for them...... you eat enough of mine.  :fireup:

You will prob need to pick up some more zooper doopers and coke on your way home from the airport by the way, I think adz ate and drank all yours...............

serious14

marinerbhoy said:
serious14 said:

START SAVING MONEY.  NOW!!!!  This is quite possibly the most expensive country in the world, and even only eating 2 meals (local food) a day and not catching taxi's or buying a single thing, I am still noticing up to $60 departing my wallet on a daily basis.  If you want to have anything remotely resembling a good time (and a few drinks on the side - cheapest I can find Smirnoff is about $12 for the low strength non-black stuff) you're going to want to have spare $'s (or yen as the case may be) to go around.

yes and no. depends on your lifestyle. if you dont drink alcohol everyday then you elimate that problem there. you can eat at yoshinoya or any other japanese fast food joint and get local fare for only about $5aud a meal, but if you go to a restraunt you might as well get a bank loan. trains can get expensive, but if you use your legs you can elimate a 160yen train ride here and there. dont be scared ppl, it can be done cheaply here.

Oh, it can be done cheaply, no doubt about that.  I've had precisely 3 drinks the entire time I've been here, so it's not as if my budget was blown on alcohol.

There's a Yoshinoya right next door - open 24 hours as well.  Om nom nom nom.

When you've been walking all day doing the tourist thing, the last thing you could be bothered doing late at night is a 20 minute walk from say, Akihibara to Kodemmacho.  But I understand what you're saying.  ;)

Bear - yes, "Adz" ate and drank everything.  If by Adz, you mean you.  Btw, we're going home on the same flight on Saturday you goose, so you can buy some for me on the way.  :p

just wondering if anyone could help
myself and a bunch of mates are travaling to this game and are season ticket holders but we dont know how to get tix to the game im geussing that we have to go thourgh the club but have you heard any dates or contact numbers other then the number on the web site? plus we are stayin near roppongi coz we told thats were the best clubs and bars are any tips on any others as we staying for week and have never been there befor?

dru

yellow and blue lad said:
just wondering if anyone could help
myself and a bunch of mates are travaling to this game and are season ticket holders but we dont know how to get tix to the game im geussing that we have to go thourgh the club but have you heard any dates or contact numbers other then the number on the web site? plus we are stayin near roppongi coz we told thats were the best clubs and bars are any tips on any others as we staying for week and have never been there befor?

Mack Rowett is the Membership & Ticketing Manager with the mariners and will be the best person to contact and he is supposed to be getting back to me when he knows more. Considering they are only just putting out tickets packages for home games for the membership at the moment I would expect other clubs are doing the same and general and away tickets won't have been organised yet.

worse case secnario is we buy on the day, I doubt the away allocation will sell out

dru

For those heading over and looking to explore further a field than tokyo it might be worth investing in a JR rail pass.

http://www.japanrailpass.net/eng/en001.html

Mine cost me about $500 for a 7 day pass.

I'm still looking into it all but this should include the trains we need to get to the game.

serious14

Yeah, Kawasaki station is above ground on the JR system.  Easy enough to get there from Tokyo or Shimbashi station.  Tokaido Line is your best bet - get that to Kawasaki Station then switch to the local line (Yellow) there.

Just be aware that the Rail Pass IS NOT valid for the Tokyo Metro (the subway).

marinerbhoy

and the jr pass is only really worth it if you wish to travel on the shinkansen. and there are many types of passes. get a localised one and its cheaper. dont get a pass just to get to kawaski, its cheap to get there anway.

and listen to serious, i made the mistake of thinking my pass worked on the subway on my first trip to japan.

serious14

I didn't know there was a completely separate above ground network until I got there!!!!  :p  I thought the Tokyo Metro was it, and it was just bullet trains running around.......

dru

So naive serial ;)

As I said for those travelling further a field than tokyo. The pass works for me as I'm heading over to Okayama, Hiroshima and probably to Osaka now. Might even try and day trip North from tokyo now as well. Given that it uses the express line from Narita into Tokyo it is one of my airport transfers sorted as well.

serious14

dru said:
Given that it uses the express line from Narita into Tokyo it is one of my airport transfers sorted as well.

Pft, limited express into Ueno for the win...... then the 10 minute underground walk lugging your bag to get to the metro line.  I saved moneys damnit!!!!

dru

serious14 said:
dru said:
Given that it uses the express line from Narita into Tokyo it is one of my airport transfers sorted as well.

Pft, limited express into Ueno for the win...... then the 10 minute underground walk lugging your bag to get to the metro line.  I saved moneys damnit!!!!

Was thinking when I first get to Japan where I will be jumping straight on a bullet train (or 2) to head out to Okayama. ;) If your just going into tokyo yes your way is probably better.

serious14

dru said:
serious14 said:
dru said:

Was thinking when I first get to Japan where I will be jumping straight on a bullet train (or 2) to head out to Okayama. ;)

Of course you are.  C*nt.  :p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred