• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners vs Sydney

FFC Mariner

I'm with you Bikini girl, starting to really dislike the arrogant wankers a great deal.

Sure, there will always be a massive part of me that delights in everything bad that happens to the scum but I cant wait for a W Syd team to come in and show them up for the NSL wannabes that Uncle Frank and that f**king Arsenal reject are trying to build

FFC Mariner

I have never understood grabbing the ball and running back to the half way line to speed things up.

When I played, we used to get one of our strikers to stay in their half (even if it meant going there) so that the ref couldnt kick off until everyone was in their own half.

yellowcake

2 sleeps to try to process this match.

I knew on Saturday that I'd seen something eventful, unique even (or "wierd": Wilko). But between the 'FANTASTIC FC', etc headlines and comments in the media and here (by people whose opinions I greatly respect) about this being the best or some another superlative A-League / Australian club match game ever - this is why (apart from Breeze, enough has been said) I definitely think not:

On the surface, you get a game where the underdog (here Sydney) comes back from well behind to clinch victory at the death. Sort of like The Mighty Ducks.

Problem is - for this to work in the script 'Good' has to triumph over 'Evil'. Evil won on the day on the back of their coach's published instruction "if you win the fight you'll win the game". Hackfest. And somebody's had a word to the refs "the Mariners are a tough, hard physical side, the opposition needs to be protected from them".

That's expected advice from from a coach dismissed by a club he took to a Premiership and a Grand Final for bringing the game into disrepute. Evil.

From a football perspective, "the game had everything, 9 goals, 2 reds, yellows, 2 penalties"

Any match where a team concedes 4 or 5 goals is unlikely to be considered great. Here both did. Could say a defensive disaster. I don't hear talk of the EPL Portsmouth vs. Reading (?) 7-4 in Sept being "great".

Dismissals and penalties don't seem a great advertisement for the game either.

And 11 (or 12!) vs. 9 (Clarky being attended to and after Heff's injury amounted to 9 mins before Kwassy's red) can't be a balanced contest.

My 8-year-old was distressed not with the result (he's a better supporter than that) but with fear at the end seeing supporters grappling with security and police and an angry crowd giving Breeze a gobful. Great game!

There was another game between the same clubs with the same result (also by 1 goal but it was the only one scored) on 05/03/2006. THAT was an advertisement for the beautiful game. Rowdy, watch that.

bikinigirl

. yellowcake, with regards to the refereeing (and i say this as i await my tin foil hat from the milliner) i do believe that there is some 'unintentional' bias against the mariners and their perceived physical game much as the footballeroos are viewed in world football

. the other side of his distorted view of course is that our boys can 'take it' because they are tougher - not only is this patently unfair it is, as others have already stated, dangerously unsafe

Gen (MarinerMum)

I dared to read the telegraph.
Never again.
Tom dil,,,,,smithies writes
"Heffernan's leg was broken in a tackle with Sydney's Uf**k Talay, a relatively innocuous colloision after which Heffernan's injury was not immediately apparent"

Would this be the sentence if Sonic had done the same tackle to Talay!  NO I DONT THINK SO.

Did Talay ever get the ball not even the 3 times before after Breeze had again,and again, and again spoken to him.

The photo of Heff sums up some of my feelings Breeze looks "shit what have I just done"

Telegraph is no supporter of the Mariners.

I wish LaPaglia's bleeding bloody ulcer becomes a perforated one, gives us all a little peace.

rosko

I was in bay 47 for the match.... Directly in front of me the assistant waved his flag to precede the sending off of Vuko... Were my children and I the only ones that noticed the smile on Breeze as he gave his assistant two thumbs up after issuing the red card... Good job boys..

Andy

Gen said:
I dared to read the telegraph.
Never again.
Tom dil,,,,,smithies writes
"Heffernan's leg was broken in a tackle with Sydney's Uf**k Talay, a relatively innocuous colloision after which Heffernan's injury was not immediately apparent"

Would this be the sentence if Sonic had done the same tackle to Talay!  NO I DONT THINK SO.

Did Talay ever get the ball not even the 3 times before after Breeze had again,and again, and again spoken to him.

The photo of Heff sums up some of my feelings Breeze looks "shit what have I just done"

Telegraph is no supporter of the Mariners.

I wish LaPaglia's bleeding bloody ulcer becomes a perforated one, gives us all a little peace.

;D

Horza

rosko said:
I was in bay 47 for the match.... Directly in front of me the assistant waved his flag to precede the sending off of Vuko... Were my children and I the only ones that noticed the smile on Breeze as he gave his assistant two thumbs up after issuing the red card... Good job boys..
conspiracy-cover-upgraphic.jpg

Willy

rosko said:

are you serious???

not a conspiracy at all, hmmm, just maybe, just a possibility he might have been saying "well spotted" not "well done we got rid of the the vuko - bitch" you really think shields is against you???

yellowcake said:
2 sleeps to try to process this match.

I knew on Saturday that I'd seen something eventful, unique even (or "wierd": Wilko). But between the 'FANTASTIC FC', etc headlines and comments in the media and here (by people whose opinions I greatly respect) about this being the best or some another superlative A-League / Australian club match game ever - this is why (apart from Breeze, enough has been said) I definitely think not:

On the surface, you get a game where the underdog (here Sydney) comes back from well behind to clinch victory at the death. Sort of like The Mighty Ducks.

Problem is - for this to work in the script 'Good' has to triumph over 'Evil'. Evil won on the day on the back of their coach's published instruction "if you win the fight you'll win the game". Hackfest. And somebody's had a word to the refs "the Mariners are a tough, hard physical side, the opposition needs to be protected from them".

That's expected advice from from a coach dismissed by a club he took to a Premiership and a Grand Final for bringing the game into disrepute. Evil.

From a football perspective, "the game had everything, 9 goals, 2 reds, yellows, 2 penalties"

Any match where a team concedes 4 or 5 goals is unlikely to be considered great. Here both did. Could say a defensive disaster. I don't hear talk of the EPL Portsmouth vs. Reading (?) 7-4 in Sept being "great".

Dismissals and penalties don't seem a great advertisement for the game either.

And 11 (or 12!) vs. 9 (Clarky being attended to and after Heff's injury amounted to 9 mins before Kwassy's red) can't be a balanced contest.

My 8-year-old was distressed not with the result (he's a better supporter than that) but with fear at the end seeing supporters grappling with security and police and an angry crowd giving Breeze a gobful. Great game!

There was another game between the same clubs with the same result (also by 1 goal but it was the only one scored) on 05/03/2006. THAT was an advertisement for the beautiful game. Rowdy, watch that.

who judges who's good and who's evil???

at least sydney doesn't use a bloody "working class, blue-collar" club tag to cover up there mistakes

and what about all the headlines before the grand final v1

"Fairytale continues for bluecollar mariners" etc.

you guys are pathetic!, still picking at the game making excuses  :headbutt:

bone

mate who says that the blue collar tag is a good thing, we prove our selves again and again and this shiit about the battler comes up again and again, we arent battlers mate we have been one of the most consistant teams in the past three years, and still no one treats us with respect, we are finacial now one of the strongest but still the blue collar label sticker sticks, maybe its because we care about everyone up here, the fans, the players, the coach, the investors, the coast.
as for fairytale, where does a person get off with fairytale, we worked though both newcastle and adilade to get to bling fc and we gave you boys a run for you money in the gf in v1

so you can stick your sterotypes right up your bling a**e

serious14

At least Horza is admitting that he thinks it was an inside job.  :p

I will proudly wear my tinfoil hat anytime Sydney are involved (not just against us, against anyone), because the Lowy connection is too strong to ignore, and quite frankly, in the proper business (i.e., not sport) world such a conflict of interest would be illegal.    Nice to see some other people are finally beginning to realise that some involved in the sporting world will do anything to see their team win......

And for those who would decry me by saying that "such a thing would never happen in Australia" - get serious would you??  Sports get fixed all over the world, it's just the way things are.

HOWEVER, for the sake of the integrity of the A-League and all the rest of it, I sincerely hope that my mad musings are wrong - wouldn't our f*ckface friends at the Telegraph love to write about Lowy fixing a match??

*waits for a Sydney fan, most likely Jaza, to come in and tell me what a knob I am whilst refusing to admit the blindly obvious*

tyson

meh. we can whinge all we want. what is really going to matter is when we beat the Cove in February for the 2nd time. we will see who is laughing then.

Horza

Just to be clear: if you think that match was rigged you're a bitter, bitter gnome with the critical thinking capacity of a toddler on meth.

C

curious

Maybe not a fair suck of the sav with refs decisions, but match fixing & conspiracy claims are an embarrassment best left to sulky dummy spits by spoiled children. Not a good look fellas.

tyson

im referring to the marinators v cove match serious.

we will win. i am going to make sure.

Andy

curious said:
Maybe not a fair suck of the sav with refs decisions, but match fixing & conspiracy claims are an embarrassment best left to sulky dummy spits by spoiled children. Not a good look fellas.

Well said.

I totally agree.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred