• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners vs Sydney

Deej

OK perhaps a bit early in the week but score prediction and crowd?

If it's good weather we should be in for a huge crowd, with hopefully tommy and Mile in the middle we should be ok.  Why Sasho had to get that stupid yellow card on Sunday I don't know, but it's a massive opportunity for either Kwassy or Matty Simon..........more likely Matty on current form, geez I hope that kid scores soon Bluetongue would go OFF!

Jeff (LouMacari)

If Matty scores (I also reckon it will be him rather than Kwassy along side Aloisi) against Sydney there will be absolute MAYHEM! It's only a matter of time and this would be the ideal game to get his debut goal wouldn't it.

Fire up farkin!!!  :fireup:

C

C U JIMMY

Surely Matty gets his chance this week, he again worked his you know whats off when he came on in Newcastle and must be the go against Sydney, 7PM  kickoff on Saturday surely a 13-14,000 crowd, Mariners 2 - 0. if Matty scores lets make sure the team dont leave the pitch till the goal is confirmed lol. ::) ::)

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
If matty ever needed to get #1 this will be the game to do it...and I'm sure he will.

Give 'em hell young simon

FIRE UP FARKIN :}

nutmeg

I would be disappointed if we got less than 15,000. Mainly because it's a saturday night and we really are not that far away from sydney.

RADINHO

on the topic of Matt Simon i think he is a player of not such great quality he is slow and not so great on the ball soz im not causing outrage and that is my opinion but yea i dont have that feelin we are gonna get signicant crowds this season as the people of the coast just dont come dont no y probably 13 000 and the score 4 me is up in the air and also sydney is probably full of confidence after beating becks

CCM-JAM80

Well that was disappointing ... I sat at my seat for an hour and we were delivered the bad news.

Anyone know when this will be rescheduled? I heard December 21 - any truth to that?

Thanks,

M

mariners_4_ever

well  Radinho, you mustn't watch the same games we see when matt simons plays. Matt is a dynamic player and will only improve as with more game time. Matt would certainly be one of the most hard working strikers in the A-League. if you dont like the playing of matty simon and the team why dont you go and watch a sydney fc game. I'm sure they would like to hear your bitching . UNlike sydney's  sponsors have to give away tickets to get "fans" to make up numbers. The Mariners have a dedicated group of supporters who stand behind each and  every player on the team.
     all reports say december 21st. friday
hope not hoping for a saturday game so i can attend.

GO MARINERS !!!!!!!!!!

uncleyellow

RADINHO said:
on the topic of Matt Simon i think he is a player of not such great quality he is slow and not so great on the ball soz im not causing outrage and that is my opinion but yea i dont have that feelin we are gonna get signicant crowds this season as the people of the coast just dont come dont no y probably 13 000 and the score 4 me is up in the air and also sydney is probably full of confidence after beating becks

HUH? Not only is your english letting you down, so is your player evaluation! Matt Simon may be a few things, but he aint slow. The lad only has one speed...

priorpeter

uncleyellow said:
HUH? Not only is your english letting you down, so is your player evaluation! Matt Simon may be a few things, but he aint slow. The lad only has one speed...

Farkin Fast! the lad is a tireless striker who gives everything for the yellow cause.
what a legend. his pace and strength can cause defenders havok. sure, he's a bit raw at the moment, but the lad can only get better, and he will. what a legend. future socceroo anyone? :vhappy:

kevrenor

FFA have confirmed - game now to be played at 7pm Saturday 22 December 2007

Good move ... avoid the F3 madness on the last day of school and everyone heading north (Blingers plus all those who work in Sydney) ... Saturday better night for locals ....

Very much looking forward to it!

Bex

Hi there. I'm a marinators.net forum virgin. Please be gentle.

Yeh sorry Radinho I also think you're off the mark with the Matt Simon comment. He has been steamrolling the defence in attack in recent weeks and has caused most defenders some real headaches. I think he also is one of the few in the team who consistantly wins the battle for the high ball which is something I think we've been fairly weak with in the early season.

The postponement of the game is very disappointing . I had an old school buddy make a 4 hour drive from Orange for his first A-League game of the season. I was so looking forward to the whole night. Needless to say, we had to work extra hard at making it a big one :-D

Does anyone know exactly why the ground was so dangerous? The weather had fined up at kick off time, so I can only imagine they have problems with the surface. I remember the game where we smashed Adelaide I saw several players trip and stumble and the odd divot; and that was a beautiful dry day.

Anyway, whatever it was, its not good enough. What do I say to my rugby league watching mates when they tell me football is for sissies? Its kind of hard to make a blokey argument out of it being too wet.........

dibo

Bex said:

Yeh sorry Radinho I also think you're off the mark with the Matt Simon comment. He has been steamrolling the defence in attack in recent weeks and has caused most defenders some real headaches. I think he also is one of the few in the team who consistantly wins the battle for the high ball which is something I think we've been fairly weak with in the early season.

The postponement of the game is very disappointing . I had an old school buddy make a 4 hour drive from Orange for his first A-League game of the season. I was so looking forward to the whole night. Needless to say, we had to work extra hard at making it a big one :-D

Does anyone know exactly why the ground was so dangerous? The weather had fined up at kick off time, so I can only imagine they have problems with the surface. I remember the game where we smashed Adelaide I saw several players trip and stumble and the odd divot; and that was a beautiful dry day.

Anyway, whatever it was, its not good enough. What do I say to my rugby league watching mates when they tell me football is for sissies? Its kind of hard to make a blokey argument out of it being too wet.........

nrl games or anything else would have been called off too - they couldn't mark the lines, simple as that. you can't play if you can't tell for sure where the field starts and stops.

was a shame, but we'll just have to take three points in three weeks.

priorpeter

Bex said:

There was apparently 120mm of water on the surface of the pitch. couldnt really be avoided, that rain was pretty full on! i got saturated walking from hungry jacks to the stadium haha.

GOSFORD GAME RESCHEDULED -
The Central Coast Mariners-Sydney FC round 15 fixture will now be played on Saturday, December 22 at Bluetongue Stadium.

The match was postponed from the weekend after extreme weather conditions on the Central Coast made for a dangerous playing surface at Bluetongue Stadium.

It will kick-off at 7pm (AEDT).

CCM-JAM80

Disappointing afternoon on Saturday, though the decision I supported.

Looking forward to the fixture where will have Juhnino back on deck taking on our boys :D

Deej

Rudan will be goooone too.......we get players back and Sydney lose a couple more lol......lets see how much they moan if they lose!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred