• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners v $ydney FC

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I reckon we were a bit lucky to get that penalty - it was more of a clash of legs than a blatant hack, and we all know how reluctant referees can be to give a penalty unless it's really blatant.  Not saying it didn't deserve one, but we've seen penalty appeals worse than that go unanswered.

Still, Williams showed that, unlike some of the other refs, he's actually got the balls to do what he knows is right (like the 2nd yellow for dissent)

That goal of Petrovski's.....that sort of experience and skill, that turn....that's exactly what we want from a striker of his calibre.  Beautiful.

Did Bolton really get beat there, or did he think it was going to miss the goal?  His effort to save it wasn't entirely convincing...

On the plus side, we probably attacked a lot more than Sydney did - just that everytime we attacked, we ran into a wall of blue shirts whereas when they attacked, it was on a counter and our backs were running around like headless chooks.

We could be doing a lot worse, considering the players we have out.  And as others have pointed out, we should actually be happy with our crowd.  Lousy weather and we still get our biggest ever opening home crowd. 

pjennings

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
I reckon we were a bit lucky to get that penalty - it was more of a clash of legs than a blatant hack, and we all know how reluctant referees can be to give a penalty unless it's really blatant. 

First defender grabbed one arm, Matty breaks free, second defender grabs other arm, Matty breaks free, they clatter into him. Definite penalty!!!

dibo

the thing i'm impressed about is that matty just wants to get through and score.

contrast it with j. griffiths the week before - set to score in any case, but opts to go to ground under the faintest whisper of a foul.

marinermick

Still, Williams showed that, unlike some of the other refs, he's actually got the balls to do what he knows is right (like the 2nd yellow for dissent)

if he had guts musailik would have got a straight red for a blatant studs tackle from behind

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

The tackle wasn't that bad.  Definitely not a red card tackle - it wasn't any harder than any other 'yellow card' tackle (was softer than a lot of them, but coming from behind makes it worse), and the studs weren't raised - they only come off the ground when he kicks the back of Simon's leg, they certainly weren't aimed at him.

dibo - one of these days somebody's going to show joel griffiths (he doesn't deserve capitalisation of his name) what it feels like to ACTUALLY be foulled.  Lousy cheating scum. 

Jaza_SFC

Did Bolton really get beat there, or did he think it was going to miss the goal?  His effort to save it wasn't entirely convincing...

It was all over when Timpano gave Petrovski acres of space to get the shot away. In the split second Bolton would've noticed it he'd have known it was going far corner or wide - sadly it was the latter. Atrocious defence really.

Kareem

Offtopic but to do with J.Griffths
GVE has made calls for ref's to clamp down on Simulation- he made these claims citing with the recent influx in imports that simulation could be a problem...
1) Is he serious- specimen No1.- Joel Griffiths
2) he's teams are one of the ones with these imports (Song, Zura etc.)(Song looks very flimsy to me- too flimsy)
Source: Daily Telegraph on Tuesday!

Sean

Don't players in the wall normally jump?

Normally I would expect the wall to stay still. What if you jumped and the ball went under the wall into the goal? What if you jumped and the ball deflected off your stupid head into the goal?

Gav...

Kareem said:
Offtopic but to do with J.Griffths
GVE has made calls for ref's to clamp down on Simulation- he made these claims citing with the recent influx in imports that simulation could be a problem...
1) Is he serious- specimen No1.- Joel Griffiths
2) he's teams are one of the ones with these imports (Song, Zura etc.)(Song looks very flimsy to me- too flimsy)
Source: Daily Telegraph on Tuesday!

yes totally agreed, joel griffiths is the biggest diver in the a-league

fedelta

Perm said:

Normally I would expect the wall to stay still. What if you jumped and the ball went under the wall into the goal? What if you jumped and the ball deflected off your stupid head into the goal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQQDj0qJQs4

Ted

Stay grounded and make the kicker work for the goal while minimising the area the  keeper has to cover. If you do want some jumpers in your wall then nominate which ones but not the whole wall FFS.

Kareem

taylor said:
Perm said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQQDj0qJQs4
ronaldinho's was better in CL season b4 last (i think)

fedelta

I was using it as an example of a wall jumping.
I don't care if you think there was a better free kick.

marinersman

marinermick said:

if he had guts musailik would have got a straight red for a blatant studs tackle from behind

I think it should have been a straight red.

Stupid thing is if mokey boy and any brain cells left he would have walked away and considered himself lucky. But no, he had to abuse the ref and get himself sent off, the stupid prick.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

If that was a straight red then every foul from behind would be a straight red.

There's gotta be quite a bit of force, or have studs aimed at the player, for it to be a straight red.  Maybe that's too lenient, but that's just the reality of how the laws are currently applied.

It originally looked bad because they were both moving at pace, but there wasn't a whole lot of force behind the impact. 

I wonder though - is that the first time in the HAL anybody's been booked twice in the same stoppage like that?

Jaza_SFC

Sacko said:
Should have been a straight red for being a bogan racist! :popo:

Now now... He's like me and you - he hates Vargas too

It wasn't a straight red, but it was a justified yellow, as was the backchat. He's a DM, picking up  yellows should be no big deal, I've NFI why he did what he did.

Pity, because he was unleasing pwnage on the CCM midfield until prior.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred