• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners v $ydney FC

marinermick

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
That one always makes me laugh.

If he was so determined to 'even up the score', wouldn't he have just put down a penalty the other way?  There's enough physical challenges in the box that he had plenty of opportunity.

Gus - always fighting the good fight on behalf of referees worldwide.

Why did I know you would be the first to respond! ;-)

greenpoint

Has anyone else noticed how poorly the Mariners perform after an opposition player is red-carded?

It's been happening since at least the second season.

We seem to be unable to score against a 10-man team!

Arabmariner

greenpoint said:
Has anyone else noticed how poorly the Mariners perform after an opposition player is red-carded?

We couldn't score against 9 man Melbourne in V2 either!

dougie

greenpoint said:

It's very frustrating! The problem Saturday was that none of the defenders pushed forward, so our extra man was standing around the half way line, instead of pushing into midfield and freeing up an extra player in the box to stretch Sydney's defence.

Blast just when I was about to ask if you accept VISA, AMEX, MASTERCARD, IOUs, HUSBANDS...

Auburn Mariner said:
Also, congrats to the Marinators Club for the excellent new merchandise. To the lovely Karen Hall, if my wife approaches you to buy any more merchandise, please tell her that her husband is preparing divorce papers on grounds of excessive purchasing!!

Sacko

Couple comments:
Boogs is not a full back, it was sorted but he also looked awful at full back last season.
Does any body else think Danny stood too far to his left after setting the wall up?
Sasho needs to be as commited in every game this season, not just when we play his old team.
Porter was very disappointing after the promise should in pre-season, when is Jedi back as the midfield looks very weak without him. 
Simon's goal looks to have added to his general confidence, lets hope he gets another soon and he continues to grow.
We always seem to sit back too much when the other team go down to 10 men, but perhaps on Saturday we didn't have right people available to push on make it count, esp after being twice on the break already.
Not the start we hoped for but we had some good spells and once we get Dylan / Heff and Jedi back we will look much stronger.
For those going to QLD - rip it up! :fireup:   

Ted

merrinator said:
Blast just when I was about to ask if you accept VISA, AMEX, MASTERCARD, IOUs, HUSBANDS...

Auburn Mariner said:
Also, congrats to the Marinators Club for the excellent new merchandise. To the lovely Karen Hall, if my wife approaches you to buy any more merchandise, please tell her that her husband is preparing divorce papers on grounds of excessive purchasing!!

hahaha. good to see the order of importance, mariners, football, partners. good to see everyone has their priorities right!  :p

jaypee

Sacko said:
Couple comments:
Boogs is not a full back, it was sorted but he also looked awful at full back last season.
Does any body else think Danny stood too far to his left after setting the wall up?
Sasho needs to be as commited in every game this season, not just when we play his old team.
Porter was very disappointing after the promise should in pre-season, when is Jedi back as the midfield looks very weak without him. 
Simon's goal looks to have added to his general confidence, lets hope he gets another soon and he continues to grow.
We always seem to sit back too much when the other team go down to 10 men, but perhaps on Saturday we didn't have right people available to push on make it count, esp after being twice on the break already.
Not the start we hoped for but we had some good spells and once we get Dylan / Heff and Jedi back we will look much stronger.
For those going to QLD - rip it up! :fireup:   

Re the Danny standing too far to the left - If he stood any further to the right he wouldn't have seen it at all..... He stood in the right spot - just a great Free Kick

kevrenor

dibo said:
Greenpoleffc said:
Still never worked out why we dont cover the  other post at FK's........

I'd say the offside rule has a fair bit to do with it.

Quite right Dibo, and it is a gamble at that range out of goal to drop men back on the posts. However, having seen Shannon Cole take frees a couple of times in the NSWPL (and I'm sure Lawrie has too) you'd really have to think about taking that gamble. He didn't and we lost.

Bear

Explain why Danny NEVER has a player on back post at corners then? From a keepers perspective, thats a big no no

dibo

given the choice between covering the far post and covering an attacker, i'd take the attacker.

pjennings

Sacko said:

Danny set up the wall well and stood in the right place. Having said that the idea of the wall is to force the ball to be hit towards the keeper. If it is struck straight at you good - if not you should be on ya bike early. Danny wasn't!! That said - it was very well taken.

Bear

dibo said:
given the choice between covering the far post and covering an attacker, i'd take the attacker.

clearly the reply of someone who is NOT a keeper ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred