• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners v $ydney FC

jaypee

Bearinator said:
dibo said:
given the choice between covering the far post and covering an attacker, i'd take the attacker.

clearly the reply of someone who is NOT a keeper ;)

Yep - always have both posts covered - in fact AussieCross will tell you its one of my pet hates and I always make sure the posts are covered before anything else at corners...

mariners4ever

jaypee said:
Bearinator said:
dibo said:
given the choice between covering the far post and covering an attacker, i'd take the attacker.

Yep - always have both posts covered - in fact AussieCross will tell you its one of my pet hates and I always make sure the posts are covered before anything else at corners...

yeh same, in our team we make sure we got the posts covered then we start marking up the oppositions players

kepo

taylor said:
Bearinator said:
dibo said:

ask james_sfc
danny over committed and was punished!
he is not up to his best lately..... i think that's because his recent cocaine use with bozza, his depression over no olympics and his general hair cut was terrible

fedelta

there you have it.
i was actually expecting something regarding goalkeeping but whatever you floats your boat

kepo

taylor said:
there you have it.
i was actually expecting something regarding goalkeeping but whatever you floats your boat
well after a week of 3-0 witty remarks written on my possessions it was sweet revenge to see the MIGHTY MARINERS LOSE to a 10 men sydney squad in front of a wicked crowd of 10k

kepo

Horza said:
Nah, the Cove had him off this game.

"Danny what's the score?" ;D
HI 5 FOR DANNY
danny hit the ref
and various you didn't go to bejing related chants

it was good to see our chants echo through the stadium
i always thought the marinators had something cooking up for home games... but i thought wrong

dibo

Bearinator said:
dibo said:

given that our second goal was conceded while our two defenders marked posts and watched corica waltz in, receive the ball and slot it home, i'd say it's the reply of someone who knows what shithouse defending looks like.

Bear

dibo said:
Bearinator said:
dibo said:

given that our second goal was conceded while our two defenders marked posts and watched corica waltz in, receive the ball and slot it home, i'd say it's the reply of someone who knows what shithouse defending looks like.

Being that I was talking about CORNERS quite clearly, and and that this goal was from open play, and also that this is the 2nd time tonight that iv quite clearly said something to you followed by a joking gesture that you have had a dig at, id say you have a f**king problem with me?

dibo

Bearinator said:
dibo said:
Bearinator said:
dibo said:

Being that I was talking about CORNERS quite clearly, and and that this goal was from open play, and also that this is the 2nd time tonight that iv quite clearly said something to you followed by a joking gesture that you have had a dig at, id say you have a f**king problem with me?

not at all, i just disagree with you on a coupla things. it's a forum, it'll happen. move on.

bikinigirl

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
Don't players in the wall normally jump?

. apparently not if the guy - in only his second a-league match - already has a reputation for putting the ball over walls  ::)

. originally i thought danny had positioned himself poorly (i knew where the ball was going, so why didn't danny kinda thinking) but i am now starting to think that if the ball hadn't used to post to get in he may have had it covered :-\

bikinigirl

. yeah bring back petrie i say - he was always good for taking a free kick flush in the face for the good of the team

Bex

FFS it was a brilliant strike and it deserved a goal. The first two goals are the ones that should be criticised and they weren't Danny's fault.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

It deserved a goal, but it shouldn't have gotten one.  The ball only JUST went over the heads of the wall - it's the wall's job to stop those.  The wall blocks off one side of goal, keeper's got the rest.

The wall failed.

All 3 of Sydney's goals were from absolute shite defence.

If there strikers were actually any good, they would've gotten a lot more goals from absolutely shite defence.

Again, like the NJ match, the only thing stopping us from conceding 4 or 5 goals was their strikers.

I stand by the first goal being Danny's fault.  If you can't see the ball, position yourself so you can - don't just stand there twiddling your thumbs and wait to see what happens.  The 2nd....well, it wasn't Danny's fault, but on the other hand, we've seen Danny save goals in those situations without breaking a sweat.  Normally he would've come right out to the kicker then - the fact that he hesitated and was uncertain definitely indicates that his mind wasn't on the job.

marinersman

To switch to the other end of the pitch for a minute, I'm very encouraged by Sasho's start to the season. I think he's been excellent in the first two games and really looks up for it this season.

His second goal the other night was a peach.

We've got plenty of goals in us this season. As others have said, it's the defence which is a concern thus far. Although to be fair, they did very well against the scum but their attack was rather impotent.

dibo

matty's effort to win the penalty was not bat at all either. he just kept going and going, until all they could do was pull him down.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred