• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners v Perth

serious14

Some semi good news - a win will secure us finals football........ the $64 000 question is what position will we be contesting it from??

C

C U JIMMY

Danny

Porter  Wilko  Boogs  Brown

Tommy Jeda Hutch Kwas

Sash Aloisi

I would play Kwas in front of Brown on the left,  because of his work rate,  Adam is willing to track back and cover something we did not get against Melbourne,  in saying that Porter is certainly not a left sided midfielder his best games for us has been at right back, I'd have him play there this week. Brownie at left back, he owes us one after last weeks debacle.  :headbounce: :headbounce:

Bex

pjennings said:
brett said:
pjennings said:
I think we need to stiffen the defence and I haven't liked Wilko in the centre this year. Browny had a shocker last week but rarely puts in two bad performances. So my team would be      

Danny

Wilko  Boogs  Jedi  Brown
Kwas   Hutch   Gumps   Tommy P
       Sash  JA

Bench - Trotty, Porter, O'Grady, Simon

I think you will find moving Jedi from in front of the back four will weaken the team's defence, not strengthen it.

Wilko in the middle this year has been underwhelming and Stringers is way too rusty for such an important game. The two best central defenders have been a combo of Boogs and Viddy and since I can't have that I'd rather have Jedi back with Boogs and gumps filling in for him. Not ideal - but that's where we are at at the moment.   

Okay, Stringers certainly has less match time, but I think he had a better game than Browny and I think his height is something we could use at left back. Both the smurfs and the tards were picking us with the long ball across the field to left back and it seemed to work when it wasn't called off-side.

Of course, neither Stringers nor Browny played anywhere near well enough so I'm not happy either way. I find it interesting that everyone is picking Browny, especially after that shocker that resulted in the first goal to the Tards and then it didn't seem to get a whole lot better from there.

Wombat

pjennings said:
I think we need to stiffen the defence and I haven't liked Wilko in the centre this year. Browny had a shocker last week but rarely puts in two bad performances. So my team would be      

Danny

Sash  JA

This is quite a good set up. Moving Jedi to CB makes sense and Gumps will combine well with Hutcho in the middle of the park. I guess we have to go with Brown at LB as I don't think we have anyone else and i dont think Stringers has the pace to play there.
I'm not sure if i'd start Kwas as he was horribly out of form before he got suspended, so i'd consider either Simon or Porter in that spot.

FFC Mariner

To be fair to Kwassie, he was on fire before getting injured and was rushed back to provide cover (NZ away where to quote Lawrie, he played on 1 leg).

He has struggled for a stready run of games since then that he needs to get his sharpness back.

I doubt Porter or Simon would ever start ahead of him if he is fit

jaypee

I'd play Browny only if its for his ability to cross the ball. He had a good shot on his left peg against  the Tards. None of the backs played well and Browny wasn't the worst of them (doesn't mean he was good....)

I would also start Kwas for two reasons. One - if he was getting some form back he would be a great asset, our wide play has sucked the last couple of games.

Secondly - Gumps is such a good impact player that I feel he is better suited to coming of the bench. - He lifts the team when he comes of the bench and gets moving down the right.

Leedsmariner

Danny
Porter Wilko Boogs Brown
Kwas Jedi Tommy Hutch
Aloisi Sash

Trott, Simon, Gumps, OGrady

Start with kwas as Gumps gives the spark (if we are lacking it) from the bench
Wilko and Boogs need to be in the centre as this is our long term CB partnership

Andy

Leedsmariner said:
Danny
Porter Wilko Boogs Brown
Kwas Jedi Tommy Hutch
Aloisi Sash

Trott, Simon, Gumps, OGrady

Wilko and Boogs need to be in the centre as this is our long term CB partnership

Thats the line up i'd have picked as well.

Jocwa08

Wombat said:
pjennings said:

Danny

Sash  JA

This is quite a good set up. Moving Jedi to CB makes sense and Gumps will combine well with Hutcho in the middle of the park. I guess we have to go with Brown at LB as I don't think we have anyone else and i dont think Stringers has the pace to play there.
I'm not sure if i'd start Kwas as he was horribly out of form before he got suspended, so i'd consider either Simon or Porter in that spot.

I disagree Jedi has scored two amazing goals in the past two weeks and has promised for more, i think we keep him where he is.
I think it should go.

Danny
Porter Wilko Boogs Brown
     Hutch    Jedi
Gumps              Tommy P
     Johnny   Sasho

Bench: Trott (where he should stay for a while), Simon, O'Grady, Kwas          

Jocwa08

Leedsmariner said:

I miss the first half of the last game what happened to Vidmar ??

kevrenor

No Breeze! Oh, not playing Sydney! Actually Breeze is doing QR vs MV.
Interesting to see Greg Owens 'back from injury' - will he make the bench? Will Hutch start?

-----------------------------------
Perth Glory v Central Coast Mariners
Sunday, 6 January 2008 
Kick-Off 7:00pm AWDT (11:00pm NZDT, 9:00pm AEDT, 8:30pm ACDT, 8:00pm
AEST)
Members Equity Stadium, Perth

Referee: Craig Zetter
Assistant Referees: Michael Nugus & Joe Fusari
Fourth Official: Steven Gregory

TV: Live & Exclusive Fox Sports 1 (www.foxsports.com.au<http://www.foxsports.com.au/>; ) - Match broadcast commences 8:30pm AEDT(8:00pm ACDT, 7:30pm AEST, 6:30pm AWDT), Sky Sport 1 (www.skysport.co.nz
<http://www.skysport.co.nz/>; ) - Match broadcast commences 11:00pm NZDT.
Radio: 6PR 882AM (Perth) www.mytalk.com.au <http://www.mytalk.com.au/>; SportFM (Perth); 90.5FM www.905.com.au <http://www.905.com.au/>; Coast FM 96.3FM (Central Coast) - www.coastfm.org.au
<http://www.coastfm.org.au/>;

Tickets: Ticketmaster - available via internet or phone and at the
venue. Visit www.ticketmaster.com.au <http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/>;
or call 136100.

Perth Glory squad: 1.Jason PETKOVIC (gk), 2.Nikolai TOPOR-STANLEY,
4.Simon COLOSIMO, 5.Jamie HARNWELL, 8.David MICEVSKI, 10.Billy CELESKI,
11.Stan LAZARIDIS, 12.Leo BERTOS, 13.Nikita RUKAVYTSYA, 14.Jamie COYNE,
16.Nick RIZZO, 17.Jimmy DOWNEY, 18.Hayden FOXE, 19.Naum SEKULOVSKI,
21.James ROBINSON, 22.Jerry KARPEH, 25.Tyler SIMPSON, 30.Tando VELAPHI
(gk).

* three to be omitted
In: Jamie HARNWELL (return from suspension), David MICEVSKI (promoted),
Stan LAZARIDIS (promoted)
Out: nil
Unavailable: David TARKA (hamstring - season), Dino DJULBIC (adductor
strain - 1 week), Mitchell PRENTICE (knee - 1 week)

Central Coast Mariners squad: 1.Matthew TROTT (gk), 2.Matt SIMON, 3.Paul
O'GRADY, 4.Ian McANDREW, 5.Bradley PORTER, 6.Andre GUMPRECHT, 7.John
HUTCHINSON, 10.Tom PONDELJAK, 11.Damien BROWN, 12.Greg OWENS, 16.Nigel
BOOGAARD, 18.Alex WILKINSON, 19.Adam KWASNIK, 20.Danny VUKOVIC (gk),
22.Sasho PETROVSKI, 23.Mile JEDINAK, 25.John ALOISI.

*two to be omitted
In: John HUTCHINSON (Returns from Injury), Greg OWENS (Returns from
Injury), Adam KWASNIK (Returns from Suspension), Danny VUKOVIC (Returns
from Suspension).
Out: Tony VIDMAR (Suspended - 1 week), Andrew CLARK (Suspended - 1
week), Andrew REDMAYNE (Omitted)
Unavailable: Dean HEFFERNAN (Broken Leg - Season), Nik MRDJA (Knee -
Season), Matthew OSMAN (Knee - Season)

Stats, Facts & Milestones

Tom Pondeljak of the Central Coast Mariners is set to make his 50th
Hyundai A-League appearance in this match. Ironically, Pondeljak made
his Hyundai A-League debut against Perth at Members Equity Stadium in
Round 1 of the 2005/06 season.

Meanwhile, after scoring in his four previous appearances (v Queensland,
Adelaide, Sydney & Melbourne) the Mariners' John Aloisi will be aiming
to become the first player to score in five successive Hyundai A-League
appearances. The current record of scoring in most consecutive Hyundai
A-League appearances is held by Archie Thompson (who scored in four
successive appearances in September-October 2005) and Kevin Muscat
(scored in four successive appearances from Round 21, 2005/06 to Round
3, 2006/07), along with Aloisi.

Andy

Having Owens back would be massive! The bloke is so underrated and if we can put him and hutcho back in the starting XI, I think we are a bloody good chance of taking the three points as long as Johhny and Sasho can hit the target.

Hopefully Danny can take some control of the defence, and with Boogs possibly returning, a clean sheet would be nice.

FFC Mariner

Breeze doing QR v MV eh??

He will do his utmost to ruin the chances of the team that most threatens his beloved Troll FC wont he??

Bex

Jocwa08 said:
Leedsmariner said:

I miss the first half of the last game what happened to Vidmar ??

Fourth yellow card of the season so he is suspended this week. Same as what happened to Clark.

cruiser

How many games has Vidmar missed through suspension since joining the Mariners out of a total maximum possible that he could have played? Too bloody many is you ask me.

Leedsmariner

He has had a few red cards and has also compiled a few suspensions from accumulating yellow card bans.
One of the red cards he got earlier was a bit harsh though as the first yellow he recieved should never have been a caution

Bex

cruiser said:
How many games has Vidmar missed through suspension since joining the Mariners out of a total maximum possible that he could have played? Too bloody many is you ask me.

None last year and 3 this year.

And no, I didn't ask you :p

Seriously though, if you look at reds and yellows, its only the second red card that sets Vidmar apart from at least 30 others in the 2007/8 comp. There are plenty of others with more yellow cards than Vidmar. We've already seen how inconsistant some of the refs are with their calls, so I don't think one extra red card is the end of the world.

Atomic

When it comes to yellow cards, the guy that frustrates me is Sasho. I think we can excuse Viddy to some extent given the position he plays. Picking up a yellow in defence is easier than in attack. Sash seems to do stupid acts towards the dying stages of the game to earn himself a card. I wish he'd get that out of his game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred