• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners V Macarthur Cows ... Tawny Port RD

TC Redline

Just arrived at Orange for a family visit after watching the boys at Mudgee. I must say when I saw the team list I thought what have I done and then being so pleasantly surprised with the enthusiasm and the creativity that the team played with today. It did help with Macurthur being slow and square at the back but I will take that and was great having a chat with the boys on the hill and cheering the team on. Still dicey watching at the end however and lucky we were 3 goals up but a wins a win. Will be a happy 300 Odd klms drive home on Monday...

Josho Howe

This could be a defining win honestly. We could look back at this if we string some good results together of how we were able to challenge for finals and not being out of it on the bottom.

Was good to see some familiar and new faces around today. I like Mudgee, typical country town but has a really great ground and the quality pitch played to our advantage today with our pace in behind.

Uskok getting absolutely shredded all 2nd half by Smith and Farrell was glorious. All in all, big win, great road trip. See you back at home next Saturday.

ryan

A very good win and performance. It was great to see us attacking with pace. I am enjoying the contribution of Noah Smith since he has been getting regular minutes. It will be a tough decision for Monty to make when the players who missed today are available. Happy to see Urena break his drought. He is very important for us.

Forum Phoenix

One thing I do like very much is Cummings being separated from Urena . I could be jumping to conclusions but my gut tells me that those two are definitely not a partnership at present and I suspect Jealousy or ego is a factor . I am ready to cop it from the rest of you. It’s just a gut thing

Gold.

Don't worry Pirate, so many posts on here today that aged well.

TC Redline

Gold.

Don't worry Pirate, so many posts on here today that aged well.
Yep hindsight is a wonderful thing and was wondering how Marco would take being benched. Watching Marco before the game warming up and he was enthusiastic, happy , encouraging others and then helping out with filtering the balls back for the shooting drills. 100% class and then making such an impact in the game when coming on so early shows he is a true professional and a pleasure to have at the club.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
SO, that's what happens when you don't turn the ball back every single time , who knew,
and how about .....
Hatchey !, fark moi , kids a mutant or something , still don't think i'd start him, but anyway,
Joker: got a stack of shots off , pity his targeting was a smidge wobbly
NizzMonsta : done good, played hard
Tongers: not too foul either
Fazz: nice haircut and took no shit off that f**king No One idiot
Birraz:...is just Birraz
Mi Amigo Marco: got on early and went for it ...even looked at Joker once or twice
Kye:...see Birraz
Cy:...get some steroids lad, you tiny little critter
The Creche: had a dig , all need polishing
Thierry Ben Ri: can you imagine what he would of done if he was switched on
Olly Boz : sad to say , i dont think we missed him that much

The Refs : didn't suck totally , did a better, more honest job than Evans or Ames would have

bikinigirl

. oh and on the VAR ... refreshing to see the system used how it was intended:
  • linesman thinks he may have seen an on off-side but not certain enough to raise the flag due to tight margins or inattention - lets the phase of play proceed
  • flags his concern - to be sure and to stop him looking like a fool if he f**ked up one way or another
  • video is reviewed, no issue, goal correctly awarded
  • due to the uncertainty celebrations are delayed. once confirmed the team runs back down to the goal line to celebrate as if they had just scored, commute time is not added to the death time

priorpeter

Always. Been here since kick off as I always do. Difference between game time and not game time. Seriously, revisit this game thread or have a read of the new ccm and fans thread. It's f**king horseshit. Too many dicks have too much say. Kind of the same reason why our active died in the arse.
Not sure why you’ve decided to throw a cheap shot in at those involved with YA there. Completely irrelevant, and so far wide of the mark.

true believer

Very hard to change a winning side.

If not injured:

* Do you bring Olli straight back in?
* Does Beni do as well on the right mid?
* Can we do Smith on left & Beni on right?
* Tongyik only 1/2 stray passes but otherwise under the radar does he keep a spot?
* Roux moved well off the ball and created space, less direct than Miller but a different style of attack. Does Miller come back in?

Or

Is the side we put up today just lucky because Cows move the ball slowly and don’t man mark tightly.

And combination of us having a bit of freedom cause we were given more licence from Monty to go for it and less pressure as not expected to win.

So much to test in upcoming weeks and unpack from this game.
This is the real elephant in the room stuff.

Tonyik is a must .he does make errors .but physicality and distribution helped us no end .

I hate swapping the wingers .what little we again in surprise is completely lost in defence .
Smiths pace with farrell is the go on the left .
Beni is a man for all seasons .

Nizzy was a colossus .without boz holding up play .this is the real question monty has .

Miller certainly comes back .storm did well where our pace up front run them ragged .

I believe we need to add another question to
Ads conundrum .
Do we need two styles as teams will start cynically fowling our attacks . With little or no protection from a-league whistle puppets

Last edited:

marinermick

Watching the replay it was the pace and mobility that won us the game. We stretched Macarthur across the park in all areas. This was the movement and intensity we hadn’t seen since pre-Covid.

I too am happy to eat humble pie in regards to Smith. He has been excellent.

We also exposed a major technical flaw in Kurto who I rated as the best keeper in the league. He falls over too much, especially running at players. Both Smith and Urena were easily able to chip him. He could have saved both goals by standing strong. Something Matt Ryan and Danny Vukovic do exceptionally well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred