• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners V Macarthur Cows ... Tawny Port RD

Ironbark

Training session in the morning at the sports college, and Miller, Faz (ex-student) and Hall doing World's Greatest Shave there too. So won't head down til at least after lunch

Big Al

Training session in the morning at the sports college, and Miller, Faz (ex-student) and Hall doing World's Greatest Shave there too. So won't head down til at least after lunch

The faz maine is going? Are the boys just helping out or are they taking part?

Wombat

We can win this if we don't do what we have done for the last 10 matches...
Of course we can win this. No one has dominated us this year and if we actually grow a pair and go forward with the ball instead of constantly turning back......yes that's you Faz and Hall in particular....we can carve these one-dimensional pricks up.

Apart from Birraz and the new RB......everyone owes us a decent performance.

Ozhammer

We will need a much improved level of performance from the Perth game to be in with a shout for this game and I just hope that taking a game out to Mudgee of the back off the travel to and from WA won’t make the challenge too great for the boys.

Mrs OH and myself will be there to cheer the boys on and kudos to the club for organising some reasonably priced accommodation also. Where will folks be gathering on Friday evening?

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

Boys arrived back last night. With the four hour trip to Mudgee by bus (Most likely tomorrow) it doesn’t leave them much time to prepare for this match.

Given the way we are playing a draw will be above expectations.
True. I expect a more concerted effort and Miller and Mueller will help. And our backline is always solid. But we need a fluidity everywhere else that was completely absent last game to win this.

Last edited:

WebZ

I reckon we can win this too. Agree with wombat, turning the ball back constantly is brain numbing at best. See some of you guys on Saturday. Partly cloudy and 26deg, bit nicer than the weather we turned on in November

AuzDutchy

Tactics seem to be whats holding Monty back, he seems to be a great coach and good man manager, but he seems unwilling to make tactical adjustments or try new structures, almost a throw back to Okons "do plan A better" approach.

He needs some help for me, obviously the assistant isnt helping much with this either, along with some very questionable substitutions, few times this year, Montys inexperience cost us games and points.

I love the guy and want him to succeed but i think he needs some help from a better assistant.

Reactions: Ads

Ironbark

I watched training up close today. Lots of tactical planning. Monty addressed issues from the previous game and they practiced movement off the ball especially with specific jobs for individuals based on what the opposition does or based on where we are during transition. It was quite detailed and comprehensive. He also planned for the specific opposition, our intended movement was based on who we're playing and he contrasted it with how we would approach other teams and how they rotate players.

It appears there are at least 3 regular players who may not travel for this one, but probably best not to spill the beans publicly just yet.

One additional comment - Birraz is soooo bloody good. Even though I watch him every week seeing what he handled from JVS today blew my mind. Agreed he should be a socceroo, I'd only play Maty ahead of him myself. So good.

Ozhammer

Having a viable Plan B is arguably only realistic if you have the cattle to execute it. I do believe that Monty and Serge have the chops but they can only do so much with the players they have available each week.

Whilst it would perhaps be fair to say we overachieved with the squad we had last season, is it reasonable to say we are underachieving with the squad we have this time around? The easy answer might be yes but that judgement has to be viewed through the lens that most (if not all) of the other teams have improved their own squads, so the goalposts have moved.

Last edited:

FFC Mariner

I watched training up close today. Lots of tactical planning. Monty addressed issues from the previous game and they practiced movement off the ball especially with specific jobs for individuals based on what the opposition does or based on where we are during transition. It was quite detailed and comprehensive. He also planned for the specific opposition, our intended movement was based on who we're playing and he contrasted it with how we would approach other teams and how they rotate players.

It appears there are at least 3 regular players who may not travel for this one, but probably best not to spill the beans publicly just yet.

One additional comment - Birraz is soooo bloody good. Even though I watch him every week seeing what he handled from JVS today blew my mind. Agreed he should be a socceroo, I'd only play Maty ahead of him myself. So good.
So 1 is still on the outer? Interesting to see who/why the other 2 are

In all honesty I cant see us getting anything out of this - I'd snatch their hand off for a turgid 0-0

Tevor

In all honesty I cant see us getting anything out of this - I'd snatch their hand off for a turgid 0-0
Yep, I'm not optimistic either. I hate the Cows however on paper their roster is well ahead of ours. We will have to play out of our skins and they have a bad day for any result I feel. Seems we can only put together 20 mins of good football the rest is just poor passing and running around like chooks with our heads cut off as our midfield will be invisible. Count how many times one of their midfielders runs for more than 30m uncontested and not a CCM player in sight.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred