• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

priorpeter

Not to sure i buy the Tom’s calf hurt talk.

Sounds a little bit of a senior player saying I’m not playing this crap. I’ll just say I’m injured.

Collects the pay cheque and doesn’t get in trouble from the club.

Had that feeling and now @Wombat says he’s training

is that today or yesterday. Eg after the weekend when he came off?

Yeah nah, that’s wide of the mark bud. The bloke is a professional and he wants to be playing. If he didn’t, why would he bother showing up for NYL in the first place? He’s not just rocking up to collect a wage.

Offsider

Yeah nah, that’s wide of the mark bud. The bloke is a professional and he wants to be playing. If he didn’t, why would he bother showing up for NYL in the first place? He’s not just rocking up to collect a wage.

Actually ........ he does have to “rock up” to continue getting paid.

Rowdy

I dont think there's any question marks over Hiariej having the 'stones', he instantly got 'stuck-in' coming off of the bench v SydFC & never once dropped off last season in commitment.

He has heart.

It's the other bloke who has to show he has brains !
- in deciding to swallow his pride, get over his stubborness.

Big Al

Yeah i hear he’s a good bloke but the whole season so far has a stink to it with Tom. Whose fault who really knows.
I don’t doubt he’s professional, maybe even to professional if he is being treated poorly.

The old she feels bad at halftime thing just has seasoned pro writing all over it.

There was no commentary during the game from you guys who were watching that he’s limping prior to half time.

I’m saying he’s pulling a swifty, more if he is gone or told he should leave it might just be well I’ll do what i have to and that’s it. If the club is treating poorly why would he put in more?

NoDiggity

Yeah i hear he’s a good bloke but the whole season so far has a stink to it with Tom. Whose fault who really knows.
I don’t doubt he’s professional, maybe even to professional if he is being treated poorly.

The old she feels bad at halftime thing just has seasoned pro writing all over it.

There was no commentary during the game from you guys who were watching that he’s limping prior to half time.

I’m saying he’s pulling a swifty, more if he is gone or told he should leave it might just be well I’ll do what i have to and that’s it. If the club is treating poorly why would he put in more?
Tom still wants to play for the first team mate and wants to stay in aus. After this season. He explained to me the best way for him to do so was to prove to mulvey both at training and in NYL he’s up to it. He’s not going to come off at half time with a fake injury.

NoDiggity

Tom still wants to play for the first team mate and wants to stay in aus. After this season. He explained to me the best way for him to do so was to prove to mulvey both at training and in NYL he’s up to it. He’s not going to come off at half time with a fake injury.
Sorry when I say stay in Aus I mean he wants to stay at the mariners but also said that he’s had offers for next year from Brisbane & melb and will take them if he’s getting frozen out of our first team

Offsider

I was going to “agree” with your post Big Al ......... but reading it again I’m not sure about the swifty bit. My take is that it has been agreed he is going in the jan window, keeping match fit etc ........... probably another a-league team and the injury hints are just bad sportsmanship....... the silence from management and coaching is deafening. Surely must be aware of the rumours etc and have not denied them.

More to the point is the way the owners employees are treating the would be fans with terrible team selection and no explanation. I think mm has gone too far with the mongrel bit. It’s only early days but wheels have fallen off the phelan wagon.

localpom

Not sure what is going on, but all fans would want the best team on the park each week. We badly need some continuity with the side and any off field issues are hurting us more.

Wombat

Not to sure i buy the Tom’s calf hurt talk.

Sounds a little bit of a senior player saying I’m not playing this crap. I’ll just say I’m injured.

Collects the pay cheque and doesn’t get in trouble from the club.

Had that feeling and now @Wombat says he’s training

is that today or yesterday. Eg after the weekend when he came off?

Hi Big Al,
I was referring to last weeks training.

turbo

Player stand offs and unusual choices are ok if you’re in a reasonable position but when you’re doing badly nevermind coming off the run we’ve had in previous years it’s not good enough, the least we deserve is some communication and transparency. We drop some players presumably based on form but others seem immune. Make choices that leave the fans thinking wtf?

Joyce is getting away with it for now (albeit with some backlash) but if they drop their next few games you can bet the pressure will build. If they were in our position and not playing Fornaroli he’d probably be sacked.

Wombat

Not sure what is going on, but all fans would want the best team on the park each week. We badly need some continuity with the side and any off field issues are hurting us more.

Obviously Melling is not in out best 11. Obviously Tommy H is in our best 2 or 3 (alot would say best) players.
Mulvey needs to own his decisions not lie to us.
If he is stupid enough to believe Melling is a better option then have the balls to say so.

Wombat

Player stand offs and unusual choices are ok if you’re in a reasonable position but when you’re doing badly nevermind coming off the run we’ve had in previous years it’s not good enough, the least we deserve is some communication and transparency. We drop some players presumably based on form but others seem immune. Make choices that leave the fans thinking wtf?

Joyce is getting away with it for now (albeit with some backlash) but if they drop their next few games you can bet the pressure will build. If they were in our position and not playing Fornaroli he’d probably be sacked.

I can see Joyce getting the arse at then end of this season.

turbo

I’m pretty sure his contract ends at the end of the season so maybe not sacked so much as not renewed. But it asks the question if you’ve got a coach with his term ending why would you let him make a call like offloading Fornaroli? It would seem the club backs whatever stand he’s taking or they have something lined up to make some $. Their transfer window could be make or break their season and whether Joyce gets another contract.

Offsider

I’m pretty sure his contract ends at the end of the season so maybe not sacked so much as not renewed. But it asks the question if you’ve got a coach with his term ending why would you let him make a call like offloading Fornaroli? It would seem the club backs whatever stand he’s taking or they have something lined up to make some $. Their transfer window could be make or break their season and whether Joyce gets another contract.

I am not sure city’s aim is to win the league with imports.

His (joyce) reputation is youth and bringing them on. Look what he has done with wales and the other kids he has nurtured, and persevered with. As long as they make the playoffs, the value of the kids will be what decides his future.......... not trphies.

Joyce is doing with his squad that phelan seems to say he did at manu.

turbo

You might be right but I thought I read something last season about ACL qualification being the expectation. Maybe that was wrong or the focus has changed. I can’t see them running without an experienced striker though so if Fornaroli is on the way out we’ll likely see him replaced.

Big Al

You might be right but I thought I read something last season about ACL qualification being the expectation. Maybe that was wrong or the focus has changed. I can’t see them running without an experienced striker though so if Fornaroli is on the way out we’ll likely see him replaced.
That was true until they didn’t make it.

Finding Mooy’s and Arzani’s is there main game

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred