• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

Cricko_086

Think bearish a that was talked about in the podcast no?

Sorry but also still asking about the deal with tommy! Anyone please (I know I have missed a lot)

Wombat

Think bearish a that was talked about in the podcast no?

Sorry but also still asking about the deal with tommy! Anyone please (I know I have missed a lot)

Mulvey is being an arsehat when it comes to Tommy. Hopefully he will come to his senses and Tommy will play this weekend.

Ozhammer

Tommy’s situation appears to be down to the coaching staff not thinking he wants it enough but talking to the player himself, it is clear he is hurting and disappointed that he is being frozen out of the team.

A coach must always have the right to select the players that he or she deems to be the most motivated and best fit for the game plan but imo, having Melling and O’Neil alongside each other is a mistake. Not necessarily because they are too similar in playing style but due to them lacking the experience required to control the tempo of a game and guide the team through difficult periods, which has clearly cost us in recent games.

Tommy playing on Saturday could give the team a real lift but I suspect that he will not even travel, as there is definitely something going on off the pitch unfortunately.

Insertnamehere

Tommy’s situation appears to be down to the coaching staff not thinking he wants it enough but talking to the player himself, it is clear he is hurting and disappointed that he is being frozen out of the team.

A coach must always have the right to select the players that he or she deems to be the most motivated and best fit for the game plan but imo, having Melling and O’Neil alongside each other is a mistake. Not necessarily because they are too similar in playing style but they lack the experience required to control the tempo of a game and guide the team through difficult periods, which has clearly cost us in recent games.

Tommy playing on Saturday could give the team a real lift but I suspect that he will not even travel, as there is definitely something going on off the pitch unfortunately.
Mulvey is a dill if he keeps freezing Tommy out. Personally I think he was a dill for letting wout go. I suspect for the same reason Tommy is frozen. Old hat seen it before doesn't need to get caught up in the drama. The get on with it type.

Ozhammer

I am off this week and would like to go along to watch a training session for my own interest, so does anyone know what time the sessions are and where (I am assuming it is Pluim Park).

TIA

joe bailey

First thing we should all give consideration to is:
- Who's to say that Simo is going to maintain his starting spot up front for the enteriety of the remaining 2/3rd's of the season ???

As to Muzza, for mine, if fit enough to play ... he starts at Wide Right
- fcuk Hoole, & fcuk moving Pain over there if Oar pushes Pain from Wide Left (which I highly doubt based on Pains recent games)

& therein lies in the above point, but just one of the multitude of mistakes that Mulvey's making with this squad.
- "NOT playing the BEST players in their BEST POSITIONS that would bring about a MASSIVE increase in performance"

IE:
When Oar is fit ... Mulvey will tinker again with either:
- moving Pain to the RHS or
- stupidly play Oar over there (like he has during the game/swapping for periods)

When what Mulvey should be doing is making Oar battle it out with Pain for that Left side position ... NO if's or but's !!!

Whomever PERFORMS better gets the starting spot, it's that fcukn simple Mike !

Likewise with the RHS.
- Murray will have to battle it out with Millar (if we stay with a back 3 otherwise Millar automatically owns RB in back 4 based on PERFORMANCE)
You said "NOT playing the BEST players in their BEST POSITIONS that would bring about a MASSIVE increase in performance". Same thing going on in NYL. Not a fan of these AIS coaches either!

NoDiggity

Anyone down at training today? So many players missing. Only 12 players here including 2 goalkeepers.(and BK isn’t one of them)

priorpeter

Tommy is not playing with an injury at training. Is one of the best and has no strapping.
He did come off at HT in the youth game on Sunday and went straight off for treatment on his calf. Was wearing a compression bandage on his calf when we spoke to him and said he has a niggle

Big Al

Not to sure i buy the Tom’s calf hurt talk.

Sounds a little bit of a senior player saying I’m not playing this crap. I’ll just say I’m injured.

Collects the pay cheque and doesn’t get in trouble from the club.

Had that feeling and now @Wombat says he’s training
Tommy is not playing with an injury at training. Is one of the best and has no strapping.
is that today or yesterday. Eg after the weekend when he came off?

Rowdy

Mulvey is a dill if he keeps freezing Tommy out. Personally I think he was a dill for letting Wout go. I suspect for the same reason Tommy is frozen. Old hat seen it before doesn't need to get caught up in the drama. The get on with it type.

Not really ...
23416553_2042236486011320_2458827098597359616_n.jpg

23416553_2042236486011320_2458827098597359616_n-1.jpg
Wout quite clearly was 'lacking mongrel' that Mulvey holds so dear. :p

Whereas Tommy, like all GOD's .... is yet to reveal himself to Mulvey.

Why ???
- When it comes to having GOD himself within his dressing room
.... Mike is a stubborn non-believer.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member