• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

midfielder

Monty and Shaun said tonight there are two or three positions to fill after O'Neill and Millar. They have looked widely in the NPL and are looking OS so I read that as returning Aussies and visa players.

Seems to reconcile with my salary calculations, another three players..

My guess is MM has created a tradesmen like squad, with a few """if they reach their potential """ types that could be anything. Now he knows whats left in the kitty, we will sign IMO at least one quality player.

I could be wrong. BUT my reading of the tea leafs from the signing is we are going to play a 3-5-2 structure and when defending it will convert to a 5-4-1 and in full on attack to 3-3-4. The outsides backs will need to run their rings off.

pjennings

Seems to reconcile with my salary calculations, another three players..

My guess is MM has created a tradesmen like squad, with a few """if they reach their potential """ types that could be anything. Now he knows whats left in the kitty, we will sign IMO at least one quality player.

I could be wrong. BUT my reading of the tea leafs from the signing is we are going to play a 3-5-2 structure and when defending it will convert to a 5-4-1 and in full on attack to 3-3-4. The outsides backs will need to run their rings off.

They asked Monty that as well. He said Mike is very much a manager that fits the formation to the players available. He said there is not only a plan A but also a plan B and also a plan C!!

midfielder

Updated [new rumours]

Squad & Coaches
to date 23 players .... 9 coaching staff... allocated older players as Mentors
3 Keepers, ... Mentor, Kennedy for Pearce, Gauci
6 Backs ........ Mentors, Golec, Cissee for Clisby … McGing... Rowles ... Aspropotamitis---
9 Mids .......... Mentors, Hiariej, McGlinchey for Berry, Melling, Pain... Mario Shabow Matthew Millar...Kekeris.. O'Neil
5 Forwards....Mentor, Matty S for Hoole, ... Gamerio ..... Josh MacDonald… Jordan Murray
3 Visa Players
Rumours

2 or 3 more players with a possibly of a visa player.
Trailist
Bolt
Coaching Staff
Head Coach:... Mike Mulvey
Assistant Coach: Nick Montgomery
Assistant Coach: Ray Junna
Goalkeeping Coach: Matt Nash
Head of Performance: Andrew Young
Physiotherapist: David McGinness
Sporting Director: Mike Phelan
Central Coast Mariners Academy Director: Ken Schembri
Kit Manager: Melissa Woods

midfielder

Sorta lost a bit on the injuries as I understand it we have three players with injuries that may not be fit for round 1..

Does anyone have the expected availability dates for.
  • Golec
  • Mario Shabow
  • Aspropotamitis

pjennings

I would move Millar to the backs. While he can play right midfield Monty saw him as a RB or RWB that can also play CB. It also sounds like everyone but Aspro will be fit for Round !. They will not be rushing Aspro.

Monty made the point that the club had made decisions of NPL players before for their football talent without looking too closely at their athletic ability. The decisions this time have been that you need to have both football talent plus have the athletic ability to make the step up. Monty and Matty both made the same point that chasm in the physical demands of the HAL and the NPL is large and getting larger.

midfielder

Monty made the point that the club had made decisions of NPL players before for their football talent without looking too closely at their athletic ability. .

Finally, you get get people fit but if their first touch is a pass then don't sign them. But they also can't be slow as a wet week and cannot run.

bikinigirl

I've bumped quite a few of these salaries and have us pretty much at the floor of the salary cap now, may explain why we are only going after NPL players especially with O'Neil included in the list. Mulvey has probably been advised it is the cap floor unless good value opportunities arise like Ibini when he would approve going over the floor and perhaps he has the same deal as Okon that in January depending on injuries and how the season is progressing he can make a purchase or two. I just don't see us having $500k to play with to reach the floor at this point in time.

In the backs I have them all on more than what is listed, no way Aspro is on minimums. Mids; I would have Berry, Melling, WeeMac and Pain all on more. Forwards; Gameiro, Matty and Hoole all on more. That pretty much spends the spare $500k. Like it or not players that have been around a while and played HAL will be on more than minimums and we also have probably had to give them an incentive to come to the Spooners.

I for one am not of the view we have $500k still to spend and waiting for a big announcement any time soon.

We hopefully confirm O'Neil and then there is Millar and that will pretty much be it for the start of the season.

. i understand where you are coming from but remembering that we only managed to scrape our way to the floor last season ... and we have had 4 of our 5 biggest earners depart in Asdrubal, DDS, Brama and Baro

. our big $ signing so far (according to the collective wisdom of this place) has been Cisse so you would think that there would still be a bit of cash available ... and this seems to have now been confirmed by Monty and Shaun

. also remember that the likes of Storm, Powell and maybe Rosey were probably on decent money ... perhaps more in line with the signings already announced

Wombat

I would move Millar to the backs. While he can play right midfield Monty saw him as a RB or RWB that can also play CB. It also sounds like everyone but Aspro will be fit for Round !. They will not be rushing Aspro.

Monty made the point that the club had made decisions of NPL players before for their football talent without looking too closely at their athletic ability. The decisions this time have been that you need to have both football talent plus have the athletic ability to make the step up. Monty and Matty both made the same point that chasm in the physical demands of the HAL and the NPL is large and getting larger.

The only time this didn't work was the English striker Heffernan who was scoring for fun in NPL and had a lovely first touch but he did NOT have the Athletic ability to play in HAL.

Insertnamehere

The only time this didn't work was the English striker Heffernan who was scoring for fun in NPL and had a lovely first touch but he did NOT have the Athletic ability to play in HAL.
The thing is, football brain and technique are hard if not near impossible to develop as an adult. Athletic capacity is not. With the right s&c you can sort NPL guys out in the longest off season in the world.

FFC Mariner

The thing is, football brain and technique are hard if not near impossible to develop as an adult. Athletic capacity is not. With the right s&c you can sort NPL guys out in the longest off season in the world.
So signing an athlete with no football experience isn't smart.....
Oh

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred