• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

joe bailey

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/the-...l-coast-return-in-/12wcleg2ha6df1piammwkopi50

The Covert Agent: Bernie Ibini turns down Central Coast return in favour of UAE move
The Covert Agent
@TheCovertAgent
  • 9 August 2018
  • Goal's resident spy reveals the Aussie attacker was close to a return to Gosford

Central Coast Mariners may have landed Usain Bolt for an indefinite training period, but they have narrowly missed out on sealing the surprise return of Bernie Ibini

The Covert Agent can reveal that Ibini was contemplating an A-League return before a last-minute offer from UAE-based side Emirates swayed him.

Ibini started his career with the Mariners in 2010 before moves to China, Belgium and most recently Canada with MLS outfit Vancouver Whitecaps.

In between those moves Ibini did return to the Central Coast on loan in 2013 scoring six goals across 16 appearances, as well as having two stints with Sydney FC.

The 25-year-old was tempted to join Mike Mulvey's side but a lucrative offer from Emirates saw a potential return to Gosford ruled out.

Ibini has made eight appearances for the Whitecaps this season, and even played in a 2-2 draw on the weekend in New York, but will now make the move to the UAE.

Michael

Reading that about Bernie hurts...

It’s nice knowing he considered helping out his OG club in our time of need, but you can’t blame him for taking the pay day.
I doubt he’ll be there for more than 18months.

localpom

Still need a 10 and a right back.
Please can we not have Hoole at 10
I guess we line up something like this if O'Neill is locked in as it stands with i guess Golec and Aspro not beeen fit for round one,

.....................................BK...................................................
Millar.................Cisse............Rowles.................Clisby.........
................O'Neill..............Tommy H......................................
.................................. Weemac............................................
Hoole........................ ....Simon...............................Pain...........
Yes. We can have Weemac.

Don’t see us signing another 10 myself.

Where does Shabow play? Had it in my head he’s a CAM.
O'Neill maybe? Seems like a DDS replacement.

Ozhammer

please can we not have Hoole period ;)
IMHO Hoole is going to struggle to hold down a regular starting spot unless he really puts in, as his competition this time around is much stronger than last season. Hopefully it will make him step up and work harder, as I don’t believe MMM was hugely impressed by his previous efforts.

pjennings

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/mariners-poised-to-unveil-burnley-rookie-o-neill-on-season-long-loan

Mariners poised to unveil Burnley rookie O’Neill on season-long loan
16x9_medium

Aiden O'Neill is expected to join the Central Coast Mariners on loan from Burnley Source: Getty Images

Burnley’s Australia Under-23 midfielder Aiden O’Neill could be unveiled as Central Coast Mariners’ latest acquisition as early as today, on a season-long loan from the Premier league club

0’Neill, 20, has made five senior appearances for the Lancashire side, and has had loan spells with Oldham, and most recently fellow League One outfit Fleetwood Town.

With first team opportunities limited under Sean Dyche at Turf Moor, Central Coast offer the chance of regular first team football, with O’Neill a ready-made replacement for Daniel De Silva who has joined Sydney FC on loan.

The box-to-box workhorse left Brisbane for Burnley in 2014, and had a solid season with Fleetwood in 2017-2018, making 27 appearances in all competitions for the club now coached by the controversial ex-Burnley midfielder Joey Barton.

While he could have opted for loan spells in England’s lower tiers, it’s understood that working with former Manchester United assistant coach Mike Phelan in Gosford was a draw card in his decision to return home for the A-League season.

This still hasn't been announced and the window closes at 2am tomorrow morning. Let's hope it is a done deal.

Michael

This still hasn't been announced and the window closes at 2am tomorrow morning. Let's hope it is a done deal.

I’m 99% sure the deadline for the premier league clubs is just for buying players etc.. they can still sell/loan players out until the aug 31/sep 1 normal.
Atleast I read that info somewhere.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred