• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

localpom

Indeed...also see Muhammed Ali vs Antonio inoki....Bobby Riggs vs billy jean king etc etc
To be fair those are all individual sports. The gulf in class is apparent straight away. I think with Bolt, if he is a team player we should be able to utilize his best assets.

localpom

I am hearing that the O’Neil deal is very close and that we are still in for another visa player (not Bolt), plus Millar will be announced shortly, so hopefully the final parts of the roster jigsaw will give many the lift they are seeking.
Good news. I think the Bolt Mania could help with attracting players now. Let's face it they will be getting a fantastic chance to show themselves on the world stage....at least for a few games anyway. Victory must be baffled, they sign Honda and we are getting far more publicity with this. Strange world we live in.

scottmac

Suspended
Good news. I think the Bolt Mania could help with attracting players now. Let's face it they will be getting a fantastic chance to show themselves on the world stage....at least for a few games anyway. Victory must be baffled, they sign Honda and we are getting far more publicity with this. Strange world we live in.
The 100m at the Olympics is THE event. Bigger than the swimming and nearly all team events combined. It's huge. He's huge. Anything to do with him is huuuuuuuuuuge

adz

Staff member
tenor.gif

Big Al

From world game. MM in reply to bolt of course but what we’ve been trying player wise

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/bolt-not-blocking-opportunities-for-other-players-says-mulvey

We're (already) signing some players from the NPL, we're giving them an opportunity," Mulvey told AAP.

"We've trialled over three dozen players from the NPL. We've trialled professional players.

"I'm looking at the A-League now, we're 14 years old and it's a bit like a washing machine - players are being spat out from one club and going to another club. Some people have had five or six clubs in that 14 years.

marinermick

After the O'Neill and NPL announcements you think there would be room for a splurge on an import.

People are screaming for a right back but I would prefer a strong attacking midfielder that can unlock defences and be very strong with set pieces.

Will having Bolt here make us more or less attractive to an import?

Insertnamehere

From world game. MM in reply to bolt of course but what we’ve been trying player wise

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/bolt-not-blocking-opportunities-for-other-players-says-mulvey

We're (already) signing some players from the NPL, we're giving them an opportunity," Mulvey told AAP.

"We've trialled over three dozen players from the NPL. We've trialled professional players.

"I'm looking at the A-League now, we're 14 years old and it's a bit like a washing machine - players are being spat out from one club and going to another club. Some people have had five or six clubs in that 14 years.
Yeah I agree the sentiment that bolt is blocking pathways is horse poo. These guys whom he is allegedly blocking would have got a go if they were good enough.
Hes hopefully blocking some spuds that have had 5 or 6 teams....

Michael

But back to actual footballers signing for our club...

I like that Mulvey mentioned the embarrassing recycle bin of the league and he is trying to bring in different Aussie players.

Also, surely the O’Neil announcement has to be soon. Going purely off his social media activity... anything he’s posted in the last 6weeks or so has been in australia. As recent as yesterday.

Forum Phoenix

I am hearing that the O’Neil deal is very close and that we are still in for another visa player (not Bolt), plus Millar will be announced shortly, so hopefully the final parts of the roster jigsaw will give many the lift they are seeking.

O’Neil is a great signing. One more quality visa player and Millar if we can get everyone to fitness is exciting.

Also been thinking upon Bolt, and he may have sone interesting other benefits to the team outside of whether his football is ever of a standard. Feeling like the little team who nobody gives a shit about, can really affect players morale and confidence. Changing the narrative from all the kick us out shit, but most of all the guy is a true champion and has a serious winners mentality.

And that’s what this season was supposed to be all about. Hoping it rubs off. I think it probably will.

I also think Bolt is taking a risk and exposing his underbelly to try and achieve a dream. That’s courage. And Courage is also what we need in our squad. Even ‘good Football players’ are not enough, when they also lack heart, conviction and a winning mentality.

Last edited:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
O’Neil is a great signing. One more quality visa player and Millar if we can get everyone to fitness is exciting.

Also been thinking upon Bolt, and he may have sone interesting other benefits to the team outside of whether his football is ever of a standard. Feeling like the little team who nobody gives a shit about that can affect players morale and confidence. Changing the narrative from all the kick us out shit, but most of all the guy is a true champion and a serious winners mentality.

And that’s what this season was supposed to be all about. Hoping it rubs off. I think it probably will.

I also think Bolt is taking a risk and exposing his underbelly to try and achieve a dream. That’s courage. And Courage is also what we need in our squad. Even ‘good Football players’ are not enough, when they also lack heart, conviction and a winning mentality.
Well said Nix

greenlig

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/mariners-poised-to-unveil-burnley-rookie-o-neill-on-season-long-loan

Mariners poised to unveil Burnley rookie O’Neill on season-long loan
16x9_medium

Aiden O'Neill is expected to join the Central Coast Mariners on loan from Burnley Source: Getty Images

Burnley’s Australia Under-23 midfielder Aiden O’Neill could be unveiled as Central Coast Mariners’ latest acquisition as early as today, on a season-long loan from the Premier league club

0’Neill, 20, has made five senior appearances for the Lancashire side, and has had loan spells with Oldham, and most recently fellow League One outfit Fleetwood Town.

With first team opportunities limited under Sean Dyche at Turf Moor, Central Coast offer the chance of regular first team football, with O’Neill a ready-made replacement for Daniel De Silva who has joined Sydney FC on loan.

The box-to-box workhorse left Brisbane for Burnley in 2014, and had a solid season with Fleetwood in 2017-2018, making 27 appearances in all competitions for the club now coached by the controversial ex-Burnley midfielder Joey Barton.

While he could have opted for loan spells in England’s lower tiers, it’s understood that working with former Manchester United assistant coach Mike Phelan in Gosford was a draw card in his decision to return home for the A-League season.

Coastalraider

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/mariners-poised-to-unveil-burnley-rookie-o-neill-on-season-long-loan

Mariners poised to unveil Burnley rookie O’Neill on season-long loan
16x9_medium

Aiden O'Neill is expected to join the Central Coast Mariners on loan from Burnley Source: Getty Images

Burnley’s Australia Under-23 midfielder Aiden O’Neill could be unveiled as Central Coast Mariners’ latest acquisition as early as today, on a season-long loan from the Premier league club

0’Neill, 20, has made five senior appearances for the Lancashire side, and has had loan spells with Oldham, and most recently fellow League One outfit Fleetwood Town.

With first team opportunities limited under Sean Dyche at Turf Moor, Central Coast offer the chance of regular first team football, with O’Neill a ready-made replacement for Daniel De Silva who has joined Sydney FC on loan.

The box-to-box workhorse left Brisbane for Burnley in 2014, and had a solid season with Fleetwood in 2017-2018, making 27 appearances in all competitions for the club now coached by the controversial ex-Burnley midfielder Joey Barton.

While he could have opted for loan spells in England’s lower tiers, it’s understood that working with former Manchester United assistant coach Mike Phelan in Gosford was a draw card in his decision to return home for the A-League season.

This would arguable be a better signing than De Silva was.

Id be very happy with this.

localpom

This would arguable be a better signing than De Silva was.

Id be very happy with this.
No argument from me. :) He will be a different sort of player than DDS but i think is better for us for the situation we are in. More physical and coming here with plenty of experience for a young player. 3 EPL games under his belt, and importantly nearly 40 games in League 1 in England, which will have toughened him up. Will be out to impress so he can get back to Burnley after a season here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred