• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

Tevor

Bingham will be Pain this week. Making up for a bad start.

Think everyone a bit harsh on that one he put out off his shin.

I hope
In the three games so far he has missed genuine chances every game and in some games three or four good chances. I’m sick of seeing him hold his head after missing a good chance. Zero in the FFA cup and still zero so time to try something new. Flicking the ball on from a header is only worth while if someone is running into it and they never are. I know he has some fans on here but he needs to prove himself to me.

Big Al

Problem for me is he had given up. He only knew it had passed Reddy when it hit his shin. That's not a good striker
He lost the flight with bad body position agreed, however would have been hard to control but granted should have done better

Big Al

In the three games so far he has missed genuine chances every game and in some games three or four good chances. I’m sick of seeing him hold his head after missing a good chance. Zero in the FFA cup and still zero so time to try something new. Flicking the ball on from a header is only worth while if someone is running into it and they never are. I know he has some fans on here but he needs to prove himself to me.
His combos with the other players isa little off but he is getting in good positions and will make one stick this week.
It’s the logic of pain, he got bagged and had an assist and a good game so hopping for the same.

There is a good striker there. Needs to make something happen like Asdrubal is

scottmac

Suspended
So Okon had come out in an interview on 442 and said that we need a new defender and he'll be looking to utilize the visa spot to do so.
Not really the best thing to come out in the media and say your defence isn't up to the task. Not very happy with this at all. Probably the most upset ive been since he arrived. If I was one of those defenders id be fairly pissed that the manager hasn't got my back

Big Al

So Okon had come out in an interview on 442 and said that we need a new defender and he'll be looking to utilize the visa spot to do so.
Not really the best thing to come out in the media and say your defence isn't up to the task. Not very happy with this at all. Probably the most upset ive been since he arrived. If I was one of those defenders id be fairly pissed that the manager hasn't got my back
I don’t see the problem, it’s obvious. They have had there chances. They’ve leaked 9 goals and they all ball watch. Golec would be a handy backup.
Asdrubal looks good and we have Bingham and Powell. So striker is fine.

We could of gone a left winger but defence is the major worry. You could go any of the 3 positions LB RB or CB but we have been a CB short right from the start.

finally retired

I don’t see the problem, it’s obvious. They have had there chances. They’ve leaked 9 goals and they all ball watch. Golec would be a handy backup.

We could of gone a left winger but defence is the major worry.
You could go any of the 3 positions LB RB or CB but we have been a CB short right from the start.
Bring back Patrick........that will solve our problems.... :popcorn:

scottmac

Suspended

We could of gone a left winger but defence is the major worry. You could go any of the 3 positions LB RB or CB but we have been a CB short right from the start.
What. Got nothing to do with the coaches tactics?
I've also thought we needed another cb. But to come out in the press and write off the defence which you'll rely on for the foreseeable future............ It's not right. Especially when they'll be lacking a bit of confidence.
Then you bring in the new cb, him or Baro go down with injury and back comes the defence you've written off as not good enough.
How do You get them motivated. Reverse psychology? It's a rookie mistake.

Fishsdad

So, will the guys in the back 4 fold after what Paulo has said, or will they fight back and prove him wrong?
I have no idea which it will be, but I sure hope it's the latter. (Fight rather than flight...).

scottmac

Suspended
So, will the guys in the back 4 fold after what Paulo has said, or will they fight back and prove him wrong?
I have no idea which it will be, but I sure hope it's the latter. (Fight rather than flight...).
I'd expect Golec will be the one that thinks it's directed entirely at him. You've got the captain next to him and a nz international plus Rose.

pjennings

Golec is not alone. TBH Josh has probably been the standout in defence. That is a problem when you have a 35 year old attack minded full back as your best defender. Baro hasn't been too bad but seems to drop off when something goes against him. Rowles has been 1 week away for 3 weeks now.The rest have been below average at best.

I have no problem with what Paolo has said. 9 goals in 3 games is just not good enough. If the defence are pissed off they can move on. If they have a bit of fight in them they will go out and prove him wrong. In the two years before Paolo we shipped 2.22 goals a game- since he has come we are shipping 2.03 goals. In the two years before Paolo we averaged .66 of a point a game - since he has come we have averaged .8 of a point a game. To make the finals we will need to double that for the remaining 24 games.

scottmac

Suspended
Like i said maybe he needs to look at his tactics and adjust the game plan depending on the situation. Just maybe if we weren't so far upfield while ahead we wouldn't ship as many goals while in front.

Forum Phoenix

I'm a bit confused Scottmac by whats upset you, what else does he say? I've only listened to the audio snippet and read the article, all he says in those is maybe bring in another visa spot defender if we can?

scottmac

Suspended
I'm a bit confused Scottmac by whats upset you, what else does he say? I've only listened to the audio snippet and read the article, all he says in those is maybe bring in another visa spot defender if we can?
What's upset me is the fact hes come out in the media and declared we need another defender. You could maybe allude to it for a January signing but we are 3 games in with 11 new players and his choice of motivation is to threaten the starting 11 not with the players we have but with new players?
That says to the second 11 dont bother trying because you'll not get a spot in my team and it says to the current back 4 your not good enough either. It's jyst a poor form of motivation. It may be true but you dont sell out your guys like that. Imagine a mariners team of old employing this tactic.
Talk about the need to get better, talk about trying different player combinations, f**k try altering your kamikaze playing style before selling out the guys you'll probably be relying on for at least the next 2 months

nebakke

Easy fix though - f**king stop this leaky shit in the second half and we have no problem. Clearly they can do it because it's not like the game plan changed that greatly between halves on any of the games but we clearly get shakier as the game progresses.
So get your shit together and you don't have to listen the gaffer tell the media that you're not up to scratch.
For some reason this loss has f**king infuriated me and fired me up even more than the round one game. Attack needs work clearly but nothing like the central defense does right now.

aussiem

I thought all he was saying was that we are short in cover for the defence. With Rowles injured Josh Rose is playing from the start, maybe he was meant to be the cover.

scottmac

Suspended
The squad is very unbalanced IMO. I'm not saying hes wrong infact I think hes right. I just dont see the necessity at this stage of the season to give that information to the guy's via the media.

style_cafe

It`s early days yet.
Apart from the opener we have performed quite well & have lead both matches.
I think it just goes to show that the last few "trial" matches shouldn`t be used to test players.
They should be the run on squad working together to form combinations & for player`s to get to know each other better.
All the trialling etc. should have already been done by that stage.
That way the players will be getting some milage into the legs so they can go for at least 100mins.
Leaking goals in the last 10mins is more a sign of mental fatigue due to fitness.

Luca Brasi

Agree with scottmac. Sad indictment on PO and his recruitment imo. He brings in Baro, Golec, Rowles and Rose and then says they are not good enough. MV will rip us a new one if we try and play the same high line this week.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred