• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

style_cafe

I wouldn`t be writing off a talent like Budgie on the "heresay" of a reporter that doesn`t even put his name to what he writes.
Sure he has a lot to learn but he is young & he is raw.
He can learn a few tricks to beat a player & experience will see him pick better options.
He already has the speed & the temperament to play A league.
Cut the kid some slack & he`ll come good.

scottmac

Suspended
Yep definitely the most positive off season imo even considering the FFA cup loss. Very keen for the first round. 1 month. Come on.

Ozhammer

Who's feeling positive about this season? glover in goals.. hiariej & brama in front of baro.. de silva and Hoole feeding asdrsbul. I have a feeling the Mariners are looking at a top6 finish!

Here's to positive vibes!!
You may find Kennedy will be starting in goal.......:eek:

Big Al

So the utube boys saying we are going for a Chinese player. Wonder what position? LB or CB
Asian players can be good in that wingback spot. Have good energy

Also saying Trent not going anywhere(doesn't mean it wasn't real)

And we will wear a white uniform against the nix

localpom

So the utube boys saying we are going for a Chinese player. Wonder what position? LB or CB
Asian players can be good in that wingback spot. Have good energy

Also saying Trent not going anywhere(doesn't mean it wasn't real)

And we will wear a white uniform against the nix
Possibly one of the young Chinese under 22 players that played against us recently?

style_cafe

I had a chat with a guy at Pluim tonight about this.
His spin on signing a Chinese player was for us to tap into the huge Chinese population in Chatswood area & too boost our standing within China
as a market for on-selling our players.
Not a bad strategy as long as we get a decent player out of the deal.:popcorn:

Big Al

I went to Boomers vs China game at entertainment center once in early 2000's and the crowd was 80% Chinese.

However will they travel to CCS? Doubt it.

Selling to China is a possibility that sounds good but that would assume the guy is a free agent. If he was good he should already be in a Chinese team.

I was thinking a loan deal for one of the under 22 guys to get him game time.

Imagine we sign a Chinese player before the Jets.

Reactions: adz

tsd

A genuine talented Left wing/fullback would be handy, we seem pretty well stocked across the park everywhere else

localpom

I went to Boomers vs China game at entertainment center once in early 2000's and the crowd was 80% Chinese.

However will they travel to CCS? Doubt it.

Selling to China is a possibility that sounds good but that would assume the guy is a free agent. If he was good he should already be in a Chinese team.

I was thinking a loan deal for one of the under 22 guys to get him game time.

Imagine we sign a Chinese player before the Jets.
There's a big move into the new Gosford apartments by lot's of Chinese folk as well as lots of other Sydneysiders. Give it another year and the population around the stadium will have increased by a fair margin, with huge potential growth for new Mariners fans.

Gratis

Mariners shine in FIFA 18 ratings
With the release date for FIFA 18 set for September 29, the player’s ratings were unveiled this morning and some of our Mariners have made the Hyundai A-League’s top five rankings.
It’s that time of the year again – FIFA 18 is just around the corner and gamers around the world can’t wait to get their hands on a copy.

The scouts at EA Sports have spoken and handed down their judgements: the ratings showcase the top players in the game, with ratings based on performances from the last year of football.

According to FIFA 18 player ratings, the Mariners will be lightning fast and defensively strong this season with four of our players featuring in the Hyundai A-League’s top fives.

Who’s the fastest player in the Hyundai A-League? No doubt about it. According to EA Sports it’s Trent Buhagiar. In a very close second, the Mariners also boast the second quickest player in the Hyundai A-League in Kwabena Appiah. Coming in at a not so shabby fifth fastest ranking in the Hyundai A-League is Connor Pain.

I’m sure a race at the training ground will help settle that one.

New Mariners recruit, Alan Baro also features in the game’s raving reviews. The Spaniard is rated as the second strongest player in the Hyundai A-League and the second best defender overall in Australia’s domestic league.

Read more at http://www.ccmariners.com.au/articl...6k9gwwreq5cj1dmxl016o24m2#5Qqhtt5htHVComA5.99

Gratis

Also - word is Budgie was offered contracts from 3 other A-League clubs, for between double and triple his current wage with the Mariners but CCM wouldn't release him from his contract.

Rightly so too - considering how he was given a chance from nowhere in real terms, and the fact that his talent is still quite raw and requiring development I would have been quite angry if he was let go. He can spend the year developing as a player and proving himself then either accepting a big pay rise somewhere else or with us, or even overseas if he steps up enough

[EDIT: removed 'year 2 of his 2 year contract' - my mistake on that one, I thought that's where he was in his contract]

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred