• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

scottmac

Suspended
I'm not piling on him I just dont rate him. He's got pace and nothing else at this level. Reminds me a bit of mitch duke but not as skillful. Like I said If its true, and im certianly not saying it is i wouldn't know but if it is its hilarious.
Unfortunate for him if its agent driven

Ozhammer

Someone on here should be able to find out how much (if any) truth there is in this surely?

He had a face like a kite at the function on Friday and certainly seemed to have things on his mind.

Not saying that means he was already out the door but there is seldom smoke without fire.....

pjennings

He is a youngster that got a go in an inexperienced team last year. This year we have a more experienced team. He will have to learn to bide his time and take his opportunities. He will not be alone in that. Ascroft, McGing, Berry, Powell, Bingham & Appiah-Kubi are all likely to struggle for game time.

They, along with Budgie, need to work hard, learn what they can from the more experienced guys and be ready to take their opportunities. All of those guys except Trent only have a year left on their contract, for some this will be one of their best shots at having a long term professional career. They need to make the most of it.

scottmac

Suspended
Players don't develop past 18 either. Best we bin him now, right?
Like I said If I was the manager and he came to me asking for a release I wouldn't argue as long as I had a first team replacement.
If what's been reported is true (and its a big if I'm not calling it a definite) it doesn't matter if he develops past 18. He thinks he's ready now and will get a better shot at first team action elsewhere. The elsewhere where we aren't the lowest spending team in a league of 10 and have a history of promoting good youth players.
I say good luck and on your way. Chump.

If it's all bullshit rumor then I look forward to seeing him fight for a place in the team.

dibo

Like I said If I was the manager and he came to me asking for a release I wouldn't argue as long as I had a first team replacement.
If what's been reported is true (and its a big if I'm not calling it a definite) it doesn't matter if he develops past 18. He thinks he's ready now and will get a better shot at first team action elsewhere. The elsewhere where we aren't the lowest spending team in a league of 10 and have a history of promoting good youth players.
I say good luck and on your way. Chump.

If it's all bullshit rumor then I look forward to seeing him fight for a place in the team.
He's contracted to the end of 2018/19, isn't he?

I reckon we signed him to a multi-year deal because we thought he had potential.

That potential didn't disappear when he dropped off the radar of the starting side, and it didn't disappear when we signed more senior attacking options.

If someone else wants to sign him, they can pay a fee, do a trade with us or wait until he's off contract.

In the meantime, Trent's best move is to work his arse off. It'll do him good wherever he ends up.

dibo

Only if so much time elapses that it can't be recovered. For example - Nik Mrdja has a huge future behind him. enormous talent, fearsome physique, couldn't do the work. He got a Socceroos call up but was an incredible waste of potential.

But that was years in the making. An attitude readjustment and maybe he would've gone OS and made it big.

For Trent, he broke into the starting lineup and started getting some great press. But he dropped away last year, and needs to find that form again. He's got to do the work - nobody else can do it for him.

If he's there early and staying back late and tearing it up in training but still not getting a sniff, he's well within his rights to complain. But if he's peeved that other attackers have been signed, he's got to take a reality check. It's up to him to claim a spot in front of them.

He's got two years with us - that's plenty of time to get his head right, get his football right and get on the right track.

We don't want him going elsewhere to get it right - what would that say about our commitment to develop players? And worse, we don't want him to simply drop off the scene entirely.

Big Al

He is a youngster that got a go in an inexperienced team last year. This year we have a more experienced team. He will have to learn to bide his time and take his opportunities. He will not be alone in that. Ascroft, McGing, Berry, Powell, Bingham & Appiah-Kubi are all likely to struggle for game time.

They, along with Budgie, need to work hard, learn what they can from the more experienced guys and be ready to take their opportunities. All of those guys except Trent only have a year left on their contract, for some this will be one of their best shots at having a long term professional career. They need to make the most of it.
The ironic thing is those players will make him better and open up the field for him to shine.

Keep your head down son and get on the field before you whinge.
These same players can make him look good and help him jump pain

soccer mad

Sign of the times , kids today dont get a taste of failure anymore because everyone's a winner encouragement awards for last place until they get a taste of the real world where nothing is on a platter they dont have the mental toughness to graft it out or dust themselves down and thier agents is the new fixer it will be alright Trent agent will fix it f**k that this problem wont go away unless you fix it Trent grab your balls dust yourself down and prove you deserve to be in the 1st team or take the easy road and piss off.

Insertnamehere

Only if so much time elapses that it can't be recovered. For example - Nik Mrdja has a huge future behind him. enormous talent, fearsome physique, couldn't do the work. He got a Socceroos call up but was an incredible waste of potential.

But that was years in the making. An attitude readjustment and maybe he would've gone OS and made it big.

For Trent, he broke into the starting lineup and started getting some great press. But he dropped away last year, and needs to find that form again. He's got to do the work - nobody else can do it for him.

If he's there early and staying back late and tearing it up in training but still not getting a sniff, he's well within his rights to complain. But if he's peeved that other attackers have been signed, he's got to take a reality check. It's up to him to claim a spot in front of them.

He's got two years with us - that's plenty of time to get his head right, get his football right and get on the right track.

We don't want him going elsewhere to get it right - what would that say about our commitment to develop players? And worse, we don't want him to simply drop off the scene entirely.
History is in his favour and ours. We have been the premiere club for identifying, developing and exporting talent. We have to be, we'll never have the cash of the Melbourne or Sydney clubs.
We just ask guys who come to club to work their rings off. I think that's what has stood us apart, work ethic.

Gratis

Sign of the times , kids today dont get a taste of failure anymore because everyone's a winner encouragement awards for last place until they get a taste of the real world where nothing is on a platter they dont have the mental toughness to graft it out or dust themselves down and thier agents is the new fixer it will be alright Trent agent will fix it f**k that this problem wont go away unless you fix it Trent grab your balls dust yourself down and prove you deserve to be in the 1st team or take the easy road and piss off.
Impressive sentence length

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred