• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

Big Al

Just looking at the figures as per previous posts here:-
TV deal is $56m from Fox
The FFA is yet to sign on the free to air deal. If they don`t Fox will take it for another $4m so that makes $60m/season minimum
FFA is also in the process of selling the A-League digital rights and the overseas broadcast rights.
The FFA also get the gate revenue from the finals series
So at worst the FFA get $60m+ & are expected to give the clubs $3.3m each x 10 = $33m
Therefore, the FFA get $27m+ per season for running the Comp.

In my humble opinion the FFA are "greedy f..kers"!!!! :popcorn:
Of which Cahill got most of:);)

AuzDutchy

Style, I'm not disagreeing with your summary, but your maths doesn't tell the whole story.

The remainder of the money funds many things. The linked article states that the FFA help fund all football below A League from grass roots and junior football to the national team level. Additionally it states that they cover team travel costs, insurances (I'd be interested in the premiums) and travel and fess for all match officials.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...n/news-story/d0868da5568f39932ae127361fc93345

Not saying that the amount offered to clubs is reasonable, but we need to acknowledge all the other costs met by FFA.

Then the FFA need to release atleast a rough breakdown of where that money goes.

At the very least, the FFA need to release that breakdown to the clubs, they cant just take that money and give no info on where exactly it goes. Which highlights the problem that there isnt any oversight on the FFA, they run themselves for themselves and claim to have footballs best intentions at heart, despite making many decisions that reflect the contrary.

Big Al

Then the FFA need to release atleast a rough breakdown of where that money goes.

At the very least, the FFA need to release that breakdown to the clubs, they cant just take that money and give no info on where exactly it goes. Which highlights the problem that there isnt any oversight on the FFA, they run themselves for themselves and claim to have footballs best intentions at heart, despite making many decisions that reflect the contrary.
While FFA acknowledges the clubs’ position, it has also pointed out that what is proposed is a 12 month arrangement while work continues to put in place a new ownership and operating model for the Hyundai A-League/Westfield W-League in order to achieve better financial returns for existing and new investors in the Leagues.

“The suggestion by the clubs that FFA will return less than 50 percent of the revenue generated by the clubs in the coming year is totally incorrect. The reality is that FFA spending on the Hyundai A-League in 2017-18 closely matches revenue generated by the League when cash distributions and league operating costs such as team travel, player insurance and match officials which are paid for centrally are taken into account.

“If the Hyundai A-League was a stand-alone entity all of these costs would still need to be met. For this reason, the distribution communicated is affordable, without placing undue pressure on other areas of the game.”

- See more at: http://www.a-league.com.au/article/ffa-statement-on-

- See more at: http://www.a-league.com.au/article/...5nwx5pepppq1cfudkzowxq18#sthash.btslHkOM.dpuf
Read more at http://www.a-league.com.au/article/...y5nwx5pepppq1cfudkzowxq18#kYIeomjDlM4Bxm22.99

style_cafe

Style, I'm not disagreeing with your summary, but your maths doesn't tell the whole story.

The remainder of the money funds many things. The linked article states that the FFA help fund all football below A League from grass roots and junior football to the national team level. Additionally it states that they cover team travel costs, insurances (I'd be interested in the premiums) and travel and fess for all match officials.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...n/news-story/d0868da5568f39932ae127361fc93345

Not saying that the amount offered to clubs is reasonable, but we need to acknowledge all the other costs met by FFA.

Yeah maybe, I just wonder how much the travel costs etc. are.
Also bear in mind that I haven`t included other FFA revenue streams from the A-league either, like the Hyundai & Qantas sponsorships (and other sponsorships) the A-League merchandise sales, Licence fees, etc.
It should also be noted that the A League is seen in 65 countries, so the overseas rights wouldn`t be totally worthless.

bikinigirl

. and while they are at it - a breakdown of the 'income' generated from the fox deal ... ie. how much of it is actual cash and how much of it is other crap that provides little and/or that fox would have to provide anyway

. the FFA have shot themselves in the foot again by talking up the 'big deal' and getting everybody's hopes up. they just keep making it easier to criticise their governance

Wombat

I mean it is funny. But yeah you know the guy......that one that was pretty much our player of the year.........

He was defo player of the year but he has gone now. Like an old girlfriend....just wipe the memory. She did alright when it counted but glad to see the back of her.:wub:
Let me know if that's inappropriate BG?

bikinigirl

He was defo player of the year but he has gone now. Like an old girlfriend....just wipe the memory. She did alright when it counted but glad to see the back of her.:wub:
Let me know if that's inappropriate BG?

. wait ... what ! I was your girlfriend?

. sorry it can't have been that memorable for me :p :innocent: :oops: :wub:

Wombat

Robbie Keane wants to come to Australia!! This guy shits on Bobo. Forget what I said about a Marquee Michael......I would be very excited to have Robbie here and I think he would get you another 2-3,000 members.

Big Al

Robbie Keane wants to come to Australia!! This guy shits on Bobo. Forget what I said about a Marquee Michael......I would be very excited to have Robbie here and I think he would get you another 2-3,000 members.
The last Irishman was a snake:soapbox:
And I'm not sure Lawrie will be around in a year or two to gib him a pay rise :p

He was a quality player but I'd be very worried at his age, also would probably go to WSW as originally planned as they suck at recruiting strikers:D

I'd also be worried he'd put his back out doing his cartwheel celebration if he did score

Big Al

So what's that 2 whole weeks without a departure
And no word on Galloway and Appiah which were supposed to be close

Ozhammer

So what's that 2 whole weeks without a departure
And no word on Galloway and Appiah which were supposed to be close
Hmmmm, a lack of clear information from the club about players' situations, that's unusual eh?

I heard that John Stead had been proposed as a replacement for Roy O. I can't see him being Paolo's sort of player tbh but it will be interesting to see who he ends up signing (here's hoping).

Tevor

Hmmmm, a lack of clear information from the club about players' situations, that's unusual eh?

I heard that John Stead had been proposed as a replacement for Roy O. I can't see him being Paolo's sort of player tbh but it will be interesting to see who he ends up signing (here's hoping).
I think he is about 34 so not so sure about that, do we have a thing for ex Sunderland strikers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred