• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

scottmac

Suspended
If Gameiro could stay injury-free he'd be worth a look but his track record with his knee isn't very encouraging unfortunately and I wouldn't have the faith in our S&C coach having a strategy to put that right tbh. There are an unprecedented number of players off contract this year, so there is likely to be lots of options, provided the club can get its sh*t together and start making realistic offers and not trying to penny pinch. Otherwise we will be sifting through the leftovers that the other clubs don't want.
I don't think there is many forwards available at all. We need an import in his spot and back up is Powel and Bingers. Gamerio will be lucky to get a spot anywhere. Maybe scum as a squad filler?

style_cafe

Is it really a necessity to retain monty?
I mean i really want him to stay don't get me wrong. But is a player like monty something that PO is going to sign. Take away the loyalty aspect and the captian aspect and the fact he's just a f**king legend, he's not the typical player PO is going to want in his midfield. I mean he played him way more forward than other ccm coaches have when we had a very inexperienced back 5. The fact he hasn't been re signed speaks volumes to me. PO is looking for something else.
I think we could do without him or replace him with something else but f**k i hope we don't.

Interesting thought.
I`m a die hard Monty fan, I won`t hide that.
In saying that, Monty has modified his game each season to what the coach wants.
He is a far different player to what he was the first year when he just monstered the opposition.
This season he has played more long cross balls than ever before.
He has started our attacks more often than not, yet still maintained his defensive roll.
If anything Okon needs Monty as he is our most coachable player.

scottmac

Suspended
Interesting thought.
I`m a die hard Monty fan, I won`t hide that.
In saying that, Monty has modified his game each season to what the coach wants.
He is a far different player to what he was the first year when he just monstered the opposition.
This season he has played more long cross balls than ever before.
He has started our attacks more often than not, yet still maintained his defensive roll.
If anything Okon needs Monty as he is our most coachable player.
Yes.
Did not look at it that way and i believe your right.
Let's hope.

pjennings

I'm torn with Josh. LB is a notoriously hard spot to fill. Scott is first choice but what do we have as cover. His age is against him but he played 23 games this season with no injuries. As a low cost squad filler returning home to his family I would be tempted. Anything more than that and I'd say no.

pjennings

For those wondering about the cap and grant we should here about the cap tomorrow

FFA to inform clubs of their share of the A-League broadcast deal

A-League clubs should soon be able to start budgeting for next season, with Football Federation Australia to finally provide annual grants from the broadcast deal.

A high-profile meeting between club owners and FFA will take place at 11am on Tuesday when the governing body is set to provide its biggest indication yet on what the clubs should receive from the new broadcast deal. Until now, owners have been kept in the dark as to what their share of the $56 million-a-year new TV deal with Fox Sports will be, with many clubs claiming difficulty in making financial plans beyond salary-cap expenditure.

For the first time in the competition's history, FFA will provide clubs with a greater windfall than the value of the salary cap but it still isn't likely to be enough of a grant to appease many owners. With the A-League salary cap set to rise from $2.6 million a season to about $2.92 million, sources suggest clubs are likely to receive a figure of about $3.3 million. The exact figure won't be confirmed until after FFA has sold the remaining broadcast rights but it's understood clubs will be given "a good indication" of their share at Tuesday's meeting.

However, such a value would fall short of the clubs' demands, which are understood to be a minimum of $1 million on top of the value of the A-League salary cap, making for an annual grant of almost $4 million a season.

FFA is reportedly in talks with ABC to sell the free-to-air component of the deal, after major networks declined to purchase the rights and contribute to the production costs of covering the competition. Should a deal not be concluded with another FTA broadcaster, major holder Fox Sports can obtain the rights exclusively for up to $4 million and on-sell the FTA component privately, which will provide no further windfall to FFA or A-League clubs. In such case, it's understood Channel Ten looms as the most likely network to televise the A-League next season.

FFA is also in the process of selling the A-League digital rights and the overseas broadcast rights.

Meanwhile, the restructure of the A-League's operation and governance model will also be discussed at Tuesday's meeting with a view for the competition to be run semi-independently of FFA, and clubs to have an ownership stake in the league.

The move towards the restructure is to increase the value in A-League licences, generate more revenue in the competition, paving the way for expansion by the 2018-19 season.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/ffa-to-inform-clubs-of-their-share-of-the-aleague-broadcast-deal-20170501-gvwl5y.html

bikinigirl

. this was mentioned almost as an after-thought in the article ... and didn't even feature in the conversation about the grant

. if that is a sign of the perceived worth of the digital rights then maybe the FFA should gift them to the Clubs - which, no doubt, they will market as an in-kind addition to the grant

. this would improve the membership offering and/or provide another revenue stream as a membership add-on

JoyfulPenguin

If Steve Whyte isn't seen to be up to the standard of the A-League then Rose on minimum wage as back up to Galloway wouldn't be a bad option.

Steve Kuzmanovski was one of the Young Socceroos best at the AFF Cup. But that was before his ACL injury. Personally feel he could be a better back up then Appiah but I guess Paolo already knows Appiah's character.

Would love to see Gamerio given a chance, Powell, Bingham and him fighting for our striking spot would be exciting. While Brice would need to manage him correctly I think he could be worthwhile and cheap.

true believer

Like someone said on facebook. He doesn't have any other options.

Ask me up to 6 weeks ago and I would have cut him but the last 6 weeks he has been useful. As a min wage squad filler he is reasonable business.
I like the attiude and there has been genuine improvement under okon .
Very happy to have him and believe he can be a real weapon

Big Al

Come on guys, Rose left cause he wasn't good enough to beat out Neill.

He was a great servant to the club but is way past it.

I know it's the offseason and its slow and debate is good but we have been awful for a few years. Time to close off that soft spot we have in our hearts

Big Al

While the ACL boys might be good players we can't be taking these risks. Id much prefer a healthy player.

If those boys come good well good luck to them but we have enough depth up front on our bench.

We need starting imports to complement our Aussies.

Bingham, Powell Trent Apiah (most probably) are all on our books and none demand a starting spot, they all are game day substitute quality.

In reality we have Pain in the left that should be starting.

We probably do need a left sided winger behind him but the guys we have can swap sides.

Lets get a striker, AM CB and DM and keeper before we pick up injured players

Ozhammer

While the ACL boys might be good players we can't be taking these risks. Id much prefer a healthy player.

If those boys come good well good luck to them but we have enough depth up front on our bench.

We need starting imports to complement our Aussies.

Bingham, Powell Trent Apiah (most probably) are all on our books and none demand a starting spot, they all are game day substitute quality.

In reality we have Pain in the left that should be starting.

We probably do need a left sided winger behind him but the guys we have can swap sides.

Lets get a striker, AM CB and DM and keeper before we pick up injured players

Ray Gatt is apparently reporting that all 10 HAL clubs have unanimously rejected the FFA's new grant proposal (rumoured to be $3.25M).

I wonder where that now leaves all the new and existing player negotiations? I guess the club now knows the minimum amount that it will receive if it can't be renegotiated.

Tevor

Ray Gatt is apparently reporting that all 10 HAL clubs have unanimously rejected the FFA's new grant proposal (rumoured to be $3.25M).

I wonder where that now leaves all the new and existing player negotiations? I guess the club now knows the minimum amount that it will receive if it can't be renegotiated.
Not totally surprised by the walk out and sounds like they all had a plan to do it together if the $$$'s were not right.

style_cafe

Just looking at the figures as per previous posts here:-
TV deal is $56m from Fox
The FFA is yet to sign on the free to air deal. If they don`t Fox will take it for another $4m so that makes $60m/season minimum
FFA is also in the process of selling the A-League digital rights and the overseas broadcast rights.
The FFA also get the gate revenue from the finals series
So at worst the FFA get $60m+ & are expected to give the clubs $3.3m each x 10 = $33m
Therefore, the FFA get $27m+ per season for running the Comp.

In my humble opinion the FFA are "greedy f..kers"!!!! :popcorn:

Fishsdad

Just looking at the figures as per previous posts here:-
TV deal is $56m from Fox
The FFA is yet to sign on the free to air deal. If they don`t Fox will take it for another $4m so that makes $60m/season minimum
The FFA also get the gate revenue from the finals series
So at worst the FFA get $60m+ & are expected to give the clubs $3.3m each x 10 = $33m
Therefore, the FFA get $27m+ per season for running the Comp.

In my humble opinion the FFA are "greedy f..kers"!!!! :popcorn:

Style, I'm not disagreeing with your summary, but your maths doesn't tell the whole story.

The remainder of the money funds many things. The linked article states that the FFA help fund all football below A League from grass roots and junior football to the national team level. Additionally it states that they cover team travel costs, insurances (I'd be interested in the premiums) and travel and fess for all match officials.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...n/news-story/d0868da5568f39932ae127361fc93345

Not saying that the amount offered to clubs is reasonable, but we need to acknowledge all the other costs met by FFA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred