• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

Wombat

I reckon your there with that list. I'd probably add Powell into the list of squad purely because he can finish.

Then we need all new starters in the front third and 2 in the back 4.

I don't think we need Powell if we have Skepatis.

We need starting 11 keeper and Ben to battle with him.
Starting RB.
Starting LB.
Some would argue Golec should be back up but he has grown on me as a player and has handled starting 11 quite well but if we are fair dinkum we need another CB of Baros quality.
I'm happy with two Dutchmen in the middle and Melling as cover and DDS.
Pain and Hoole can play starting 11 or strong reserve options. Both useful but not red hot either.
We need back up number 10 and 2 new quality strikers.
The club will want to keep TBT and Lachie Wales in the squad for promotional reasons but both can still play Youth I think.

Ancient Mariner

We may need a coach for next year.
Depends on whether SFC are prepared to give Okon a go. I think it would be a good move for both Okon and SFC, but it would be a brave move by them just judging by his results.
I saw enough possibilities by the way the team played when he first took over. With a squad of confident quality players he could do good things.

Interesting times ahead . Unfortunately :popcorn:

Big Al

I don't think we need Powell if we have Skepatis.

We need starting 11 keeper and Ben to battle with him.
Starting RB.
Starting LB.
Some would argue Golec should be back up but he has grown on me as a player and has handled starting 11 quite well but if we are fair dinkum we need another CB of Baros quality.
I'm happy with two Dutchmen in the middle and Melling as cover and DDS.
Pain and Hoole can play starting 11 or strong reserve options. Both useful but not red hot either.
We need back up number 10 and 2 new quality strikers.
The club will want to keep TBT and Lachie Wales in the squad for promotional reasons but both can still play Youth I think.
Whose your Strikers then,
New quality one
Skapetis
Powell as 3rd for me

Or you want two new ones and Skapetis 3rd string? I think he’s better than that. The Bingham treatment is not what Skapetis needs. I see a decent player in him

Big Al

We may need a coach for next year.
Depends on whether SFC are prepared to give Okon a go. I think it would be a good move for both Okon and SFC, but it would be a brave move by them just judging by his results.
I saw enough possibilities by the way the team played when he first took over. With a squad of confident quality players he could do good things.

Interesting times ahead . Unfortunately :popcorn:
Poppa was at the ACL SFC game with Kalic but surely neither side wants that.

The nix and SFC jobs are open (can’t see Paul doing the nix at all little own over us)
Perth could come up
City would want better if they get rid of Joyce and I think Aloisi will han on Roar and Gombau will get next season with his players

Wombat

Whose your Strikers then,
New quality one
Skapetis
Powell as 3rd for me

Or you want two new ones and Skapetis 3rd string? I think he’s better than that. The Bingham treatment is not what Skapetis needs. I see a decent player in him

2 new and skapetis. Or if we are Pikey style yet again. Quality 1. Skepatis 2. Powell 3

Big Al

Season is well over so time for Rowles
Wales Kekeris and any other up comer to get some time. We want to develop our academy then show it to everyone watching.

See what these boys have or don’t have over a couple of games. They either suck (move them on), struggle but can see what they need to work on in the offseason or NPL (Wales) or they show they just need an opportunity

Nothing else to play for

FFC Mariner

Wales Kekeris and any other up comer to get some time. We want to develop our academy then show it to everyone watching.

See what these boys have or don’t have over a couple of games. They either suck (move them on), struggle but can see what they need to work on in the offseason or NPL (Wales) or they show they just need an opportunity

Nothing else to play for

Rowles played academy tonight and he is ok at NSWPL2, no more than that. Very young side so its hard to judge but if anyone thinks they are our future, think again.

Same dire, turgid Okonball as the seniors, so boring. Even at 0-0 against 10 the tactics didnt change (sound familiar??).

Thankfully, the Kariong/Hurstville FFA cup game was a cracker (Kariong lost 5-4 after ET) so we had an excuse to leave the "main" game

style_cafe

Nothing else to play for

Except avoiding the dreaded "spoon" :popcorn:

Wombat

Good striker but not really a 90 min player. Certainly better than we currently have but he is a dirty player.

Big Al

Would have been good 5yrs ago. Better than Powell for an old striker but really come on this is not exciting.

Loves scoring at CCS though
He’s a bit of a Mat simon type in that your fans love his commitment but every other fan hates them and at least he’s going to bring some passion

Overall at 35 very poor addition if he wants to be a coach be the assistant with out playing

Ozhammer

I thought we were supposed to have a no dickhead policy at our club, or is that something that is going to get binned along with a lot of other stuff under Okon?

This bloke is an utter grub on the pitch and I would definitely refuse to remain a member if he was signed. Perhaps we should relocate to Western Sydney too just so Paolo didn’t have to commute?

adz

Staff member
I thought we were supposed to have a no dickhead policy at our club

I'll just put this here...

c37ecdda673137527db9587c25bd8525

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads