• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

pjennings

At this stage of the season it is obvious that Pearce, Bingham, Liam and Josh struggle for game time under Paul.

Josh has had a good career, he has a job with the Mariners and some other business interests. At this stage you would think it would be unlikely that he gets another contract ( though being on site with the Mariners may mean he gets turned to as an injury replacement).

Liam seems to be behind both Kye (when fit) and Posco at CB and Melling at HM. Unless he can get game time and show he can control a game I think we may lose him. Seems a nice kid, and still very young, but for his own sake at this stage of his development he needs to be playing.

Bingers with only 84 minutes for the season has had no chance to get any confidence.

Pearce is similar. From what I hear he came late to the role of keeper which means he is already behind the pack. He needs to play and he looks to be a distant third in a position where realistically we should only have 2 keepers.

The three younger players in particular have to consider what to do come the end of the season. They may not be offered new contracts, but even if they are, they should consider very carefully whether sitting on the bench or not even making the squad is the right thing for them at this stage of their careers.

If Rose Sr does go I consider Kye more of the CB. LB is often a difficult spot to fill so we need to quickly find at least one and probably two left backs.Jack Kuipers may turn out to be the backup - but we need someone as first choice

Big Al

2018 - (14)

Kennedy
Pearce
Rose L
Ascroft - now Posco
McGing - signed
Pain
Bingham
Powell
Appiah-Kubi - now Melling
Golec
Rowles
Rose J
Glover (Loan)
Asdrubal - now Skapetis
Okon

Insertnamehere

2018 - (14)

Kennedy
Pearce
Rose L
Ascroft - now Posco
McGing - signed
Pain
Bingham
Powell
Appiah-Kubi - now Melling
Golec
Rowles
Rose J
Glover (Loan)
Asdrubal - now Skapetis
Okon
Kennedy
Pain
Golec
Rowles
Melling
Skapetis
That's all I'd renew.
Unless you go the SFC path and load up salary on your starting XI and use base wage for the rest. Plenty of base wage guys there who for cost v impact are serviceable. But that relies on trusting your S&C and Physio.

Last edited:

pjennings

I think Posco, while not first choice in a number of roles is a great squad utility player. I would add him. Glover I am assuming will return to Spurs.

That would mean we are looking at another keeper at least at the level of BK, and a couple of left backs to keep the back half at least where we are today.

Up front we need to bolster - we need someone that can properly back up DDS as well as able to play other roles, an experienced central striker and another attacking option that also is more prolific than our current squad.

Wombat

2018 - (14)

Kennedy KEEP
Pearce CUT
Rose L CUT
Ascroft - now Posco SQUAD
McGing - signed SQUAD
Pain KEEP
Bingham CUT
Powell CUT
Appiah-Kubi - now Melling KEEP
Golec KEEP
Rowles KEEP
Rose J CUT
Glover (Loan) CUT
Asdrubal - now Skapetis SQUAD
Okon
KEEP. 1 Yr.

pinklady

At this stage of the season it is obvious that Pearce, Bingham, Liam and Josh struggle for game time under Paul.

Josh has had a good career, he has a job with the Mariners and some other business interests. At this stage you would think it would be unlikely that he gets another contract ( though being on site with the Mariners may mean he gets turned to as an injury replacement).

Liam seems to be behind both Kye (when fit) and Posco at CB and Melling at HM. Unless he can get game time and show he can control a game I think we may lose him. Seems a nice kid, and still very young, but for his own sake at this stage of his development he needs to be playing.

Bingers with only 84 minutes for the season has had no chance to get any confidence.

Pearce is similar. From what I hear he came late to the role of keeper which means he is already behind the pack. He needs to play and he looks to be a distant third in a position where realistically we should only have 2 keepers.

The three younger players in particular have to consider what to do come the end of the season. They may not be offered new contracts, but even if they are, they should consider very carefully whether sitting on the bench or not even making the squad is the right thing for them at this stage of their careers.

If Rose Sr does go I consider Kye more of the CB. LB is often a difficult spot to fill so we need to quickly find at least one and probably two left backs.Jack Kuipers may turn out to be the backup - but we need someone as first choice
Pearce, Rowles and Wales all playing NPL this season when not required in the A League. That will give all of them valuable game time and also indicates that Okon has them all in his plans in the near future.

pjennings

Did you mean NYL? Lachie is the only one of the three in the Academy side and he is at the top end of the age scale.

Big Al

Pearce, Rowles and Wales all playing NPL this season when not required in the A League. That will give all of them valuable game time and also indicates that Okon has them all in his plans in the near future.
Is Kekeris in the NPL team as well?

pjennings

Pearce and Rowles aren't in the announced squad. Lachie is.

Aamir Abdullah
Jamal Ali
Bilal Belkadi
Callum Bower
Matthew Cahill
Quentin Cheng
Rhett De Silva
Zach Forsyth
Michael Glassock
Jack Greenwood
Matthew Hatch
Kyle Johnson
Peter Kekeris
Adam Khalaf
Jack Kuipers
Lewis Miccio
Lewis Miller
Aidan Munford
Joshua Nisbet
Matias Paz
Emmanuel Peters
Jordan Smylie
Antony Sparacino
Tawib Taufiq
Aidan Taouil
Alex Vinci
Charles William
Liam Wilson
Lachlan Wales

Timmah

Hard to gauge where they stand on a bye round for the first team though. Wouldn't surprise me if at least one of them was on the plane this Friday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred