• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

Wombat

Of the current squad. In my starting 11 I would have Baro, Tom, before yesterday i'd have said Hoole but not so sure and DDS. Skepatis gave a great cameo but i need to see more. Im undecided on Wout.
So we need to sign a massive amount of players or Paulo will be out of a job.
Many of the squad are great back ups but not starting 11 material.

I'd still keep the following as reserves:

McGing
Rowles
Golec
Posco
Pain ?
TBT?
Melling
Wout
Powell

Big Al

Of the current squad. In my starting 11 I would have Baro, Tom, before yesterday i'd have said Hoole but not so sure and DDS. Skepatis gave a great cameo but i need to see more. Im undecided on Wout.
So we need to sign a massive amount of players or Paulo will be out of a job.
Many of the squad are great back ups but not starting 11 material.

I'd still keep the following as reserves:

McGing
Rowles
Golec
Posco
Pain ?
TBT?
Melling
Wout
Powell
I don’t think you can waste a visa spot on the bench. Either go all in on Wout or he’s out. Melling is not as good but is better than the other a Aussies at there positions so I’d get rid of Wout for a foreign winger

Happy to leave Golec in at CB

Otherwise I’d be happy with that

Big Al

@Big Al was it you saying that you don't think McGing is a wing back? How would you play him?
Possibly. I am not his biggest fan but he has been solid. He certainly isn’t making the mistakes he was before and own goal McGing has gone now he’s out wider.

The attacking side he is a fish out of water on knowing when to go and how far forward. Understandable for someone who has never played there.

The boys don’t use him enough either. His crossing is ok but a bit same same.

He is better defensively than Roux as values stopping the goals over scoring them.

He has played well but wouldn’t start in a better resourced club at RB or anywhere else.

I’ve had to stop abusing him so credit to him for that and is far from our worst now

scottmac

Suspended
Wout is f**king class. A step above anything we have and that includes Tom. That's on his previous experience and form. He is struggling because he has not played in a team of such poor quality for a long time and is not a player which carries a team. He does his job which is guard the back four break up opposition attack them recycle the ball. He actually does it better than anyone in the league. That's how bad our attack is . We have what I believe is the best midfield pair in the league and they are frustrated and lashing out because it all falls to nought once they've done their job.
So those who are undecided or wanting to put him on the bench give yourself an uppercut. We've never had a player of Wouts class and ability and hes never been reduced to this type of environment.

Pirate Pete

Wout's temperament is a bit of a worry. That really is his greatest weakness.
I wonder if he actually knew what he was letting himself in for when he came here.
I wouldn't be surprised to see him go at the end of the season.

Tevor

Wout's temperament is a bit of a worry. That really is his greatest weakness.
I wonder if he actually knew what he was letting himself in for when he came here.
I wouldn't be surprised to see him go at the end of the season.
Totally agree, his frustration worries me and whilst Oz is a nice place to live it would be better to also be playing in a team that will play finals not now in a battle to miss another spoon. I also suspect he may want to leave at seasons end, hope he doesn’t take Tom H with him.

shipwreck

Yep I regretfully echo these fears, our Dutch duo have realised we are shit and are looking for an exit route.

localpom

Yep I regretfully echo these fears, our Dutch duo have realised we are shit and are looking for an exit route.
I'd like to think they would want to put things right next season. I'm sure they and their families are enjoying life on the coast and they are nearing the end of their careers. We have a pretty decent Spine, it's the rest that needs working on.

scottmac

Suspended
Contrary to the last few posts Wouts frustration shows his passion. He can't stand losing and he hates the lacklustre performances. I'd be expecting his best performance of the season the game he gets back but without the guys around giving their best of the season you can expect another loss.
He will see this out I reckon. He's been desperate for this challenge and its probably bigger than he thought but guys like him dont shy away from challenges.

Big Al

City Dec 10 - no tom - lost 1-0
WSW dec 16 - no tom - wout red - lost 2-0
AU Dec 26 - no wout - lost 1-0
Nix dec 31 - Yes - 0-0 draw
MV Jan 6 - Yes 1-1 draw
Jets Jan 9 - Yes Wout hurt 39th min lost 2-0
City Jan 14 - no Wout 2-2 draw agst10 men
SFC Jan 20 - no wout - 1-1 draw
Roar Jan 27 - no wout to start - comes on ar halftime and gets the leg snap red lost 2-1
WSW Feb 4 - no wout - lost 2-1

10 games - 0 wins, 4 draws, 6 lost
2 full games together both draws.
2 together with wout half games both lost.
6 without of which
4 losses 2 without tom 2 without wout
2 draws both without Wout

Was always one playing for a part of a game.

Tom missed 2 of those 10
Wout missed 4 full games and 3 half games (Red against WSW, hurt against Jets, return from injury against Roar with a red card)
Moving from another thread as fits the Wout discussion

It’s in reply to @jpmariner asking how much have the dutchies played together in the last 10 game winless streak

Wombat

I think Tom is a far far better player. Wout is a solid pro who does a basic job well. You are right he has shown he cannot carry the team in a Monty style fashion. I know he can perform much better than he has lately.

Yoda

I’m 99% sure Wout only signed a 1 year deal. If he wants to leave he only has another couple of months to wait. I personally hope to see him sign an extension soon, but that may be a bit optimistic.

JoyfulPenguin

nebakke

I could've sworn that one of the dutchies were on a 12-month contract - thank Christ I was wrong... For Brama's disciplin issues lately, I think they're going to be really core to any hopes of a recovery next season - even if that hope is somewhere between slim and non-existent at this point.

pjennings

Brama was quite adamant that it was a 2 year venture and he would return to Holland. Hiariej was looking for something different. It would not surprise me if Tom stayed in Australia for a long time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred