Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

Discussion in 'Central Coast Mariners FC' started by pjennings, Apr 15, 2017.

1. nebakke

nebakke Well-Known Member

HA! Yeah, I was thinking that as I wrote it... Not that I think Matty is the answer - I tend to agree with Timmy there... But someone like him-in-his-prime would have been a great option I reckon.
    Then again,
    Right down to age ;)

2. Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Capn Gus Bloodbeard Well-Known Member

He's a shadow of the player he was with us. Even his last season with us he started going downhill. Spends all his energy on starting handbags with the opponents

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. VicMariner

VicMariner Well-Known Member

He is an entertaining guy. :) There will be only one MS.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Tevor

Tevor Active Member

Djite May go back to AU with Matmour leaving.

5. Forum Phoenix

Forum Phoenix Well-Known Member

Matty plays like a bag of elbows strapped to a basket of knees. But I'll always have a soft spot for him.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017 at 3:22 PM
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Coastalraider

Coastalraider Active Member

So how about the rumours on the podcast of an Olly Boz return??

I'm loving Hoole coming in from the right edge to create, could Olly give us the same from the left?? Pain off the bench?

Sounds good to me!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Meh Meh x 1
  7. Big Al

Big Al Well-Known Member

Saw article quoting Bruce. He plans to stay in Asia for another 2 years before coming back and Thailand is an option. So looking for some coin in next 2 years I’d say. He did say he has heard good things about Kurtz from the players

8. Big Al

Big Al Well-Known Member

442 i think has Baccas talking about Gombau style needs faster and more attacking players. Under popa they were set up defensively with 6 backs. Back 4 and 2 DM’s. he believes Gombau will change the squad and defenders will need to be sacrificed to get attackers.

Aspro would be worth a poach. He would be a great 3rd defender

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Fishsdad

Fishsdad Active Member

Olly and his partner are expecting their first child (congrats!!). They may wish to bring the bub up in Australia, and both of them have their folks here on the Central Coast.

But I'm not sure we have the $$'s to compete with the other clubs that will show an interest.

10. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

Pass. I think we had Ollys best years already. My best memory of Olly is when Ange's Brisbane were outclassing us in a lightning fast semi at BT that I think they won 2.0 and he was the stand out for us. In the 2nd half I went and watched the game from the sideline on the fence. Olly was Brisbane class and easily our best player.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 10:34 PM
  11. Big Al

Big Al Well-Known Member

Olli will be a bench player unless plays LB.
    but would probably jump L Rose as backup to to dutchies if injury or suspension came into play.
    If he is prepared for that then yeah absolutely, our depth would be getting alot stronger.

Everyone who wants to return home knows CCM aren’t giving you a truck load of cash. Especially as the squad has already been put together. It’s family at CCM or cash elsewhere

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. scottmac

scottmac Well-Known Member

If we do get Olly it just seems a wasted last spot when we need a proven goal scorer so badly. I'll love having him back though one of my all time favorite mariners.

13. JoyfulPenguin

JoyfulPenguin Well-Known Member

Some details on Blake Powell's injury last season from his article with the PFA:
    "In January of this year he suffered a major injury setback that required micro-fracture surgery on his left leg and also popliteal decompressions in both legs.

“I wasn’t getting enough blood supply to my lower legs, which ultimately made my feet go numb while I was running,” said Powell.

“Basically it’s a bit of muscle that compresses the arteries which cuts off the circulation.”

Masterfood Quality Sauce:
    http://www.pfa.net.au/?p=6755

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. JoyfulPenguin

JoyfulPenguin Well-Known Member