• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

Coastalraider

So how about the rumours on the podcast of an Olly Boz return??

I'm loving Hoole coming in from the right edge to create, could Olly give us the same from the left?? Pain off the bench?

Sounds good to me!

Big Al

Djite May go back to AU with Matmour leaving.
Saw article quoting Bruce. He plans to stay in Asia for another 2 years before coming back and Thailand is an option. So looking for some coin in next 2 years I’d say. He did say he has heard good things about Kurtz from the players

Big Al

442 i think has Baccas talking about Gombau style needs faster and more attacking players. Under popa they were set up defensively with 6 backs. Back 4 and 2 DM’s. he believes Gombau will change the squad and defenders will need to be sacrificed to get attackers.

Aspro would be worth a poach. He would be a great 3rd defender

Fishsdad

I'm loving Hoole coming in from the right edge to create, could Olly give us the same from the left?? Pain off the bench?

Sounds good to me!

Olly and his partner are expecting their first child (congrats!!). They may wish to bring the bub up in Australia, and both of them have their folks here on the Central Coast.

But I'm not sure we have the $$'s to compete with the other clubs that will show an interest.

Wombat

Sounds good to me!

Pass. I think we had Ollys best years already. My best memory of Olly is when Ange's Brisbane were outclassing us in a lightning fast semi at BT that I think they won 2.0 and he was the stand out for us. In the 2nd half I went and watched the game from the sideline on the fence. Olly was Brisbane class and easily our best player.

Last edited:

Big Al

Olli will be a bench player unless plays LB.
but would probably jump L Rose as backup to to dutchies if injury or suspension came into play.
If he is prepared for that then yeah absolutely, our depth would be getting alot stronger.

Everyone who wants to return home knows CCM aren’t giving you a truck load of cash. Especially as the squad has already been put together. It’s family at CCM or cash elsewhere

scottmac

Suspended
If we do get Olly it just seems a wasted last spot when we need a proven goal scorer so badly. I'll love having him back though one of my all time favorite mariners.

JoyfulPenguin

Some details on Blake Powell's injury last season from his article with the PFA:
"In January of this year he suffered a major injury setback that required micro-fracture surgery on his left leg and also popliteal decompressions in both legs.

“I wasn’t getting enough blood supply to my lower legs, which ultimately made my feet go numb while I was running,” said Powell.

“Basically it’s a bit of muscle that compresses the arteries which cuts off the circulation.”

Masterfood Quality Sauce:
http://www.pfa.net.au/?p=6755

JoyfulPenguin

Who has been the A-League's best goalkeeper this season:
Ben Kennedy
Kennedy made 114 appearances for the Newcastle Jets between 2006-17. Many players and staff had come and gone but Kennedy was the one thing that remained at the club, so it was a surprise when he signed for local rivals thee Central Coast Mariners in the off-season.

The 30-year-old was Paul Okon’s second choice to the aptly named Thomas Glover, but an injury to the Tottenham loanee saw the Newcastle junior come into the first team, and he has taken the opportunity with both hands.

Kennedy has only conceded four goals in his six matches, keeping three clean sheets and making 19 saves. He has also made seven clearances, and won three fouls.

Article by Chris Matthews-Darby for the Roar:
http://www.theroar.com.au/2017/12/12/leagues-best-goalkeeper-season/

Big Al

List taken from front page from PJ’s post.
All off contract in 6 months and can start negotiations now with other clubs
2018 - (14)

Kennedy
Pearce
Rose
Ascroft
McGing
Pain
Bingham
Powell
Appiah-Kubi
Golec
Rowles
Rose
Glover (Loan)
Asdrubal

nebakke

List taken from front page from PJ’s post.
All off contract in 6 months and can start negotiations now with other clubs
2018 - (14)

For mine, Kennedy is pretty much a must - isn't the most brilliant goalie in the world, but I can't think of a lot of goalies in the league that I'd rather have in there right now tbh... I mean, even if said we could pick anyone currently starting (or close to) in the league right now - disregarding contract... To my mind it'd be Jamie Young, Izzo, Lawrence Thomas or Kennedy and off current form, I'm not sure any of them is a "Matty Ryan to the rest"... Reddy clearly isn't an option, Moss and Hugene are getting on a bit, Janjetovic and Redmayne I shouldn't even need to comment on, I don't particularly rate Lewis Italiano and Keegan Smith is a baby ;)
In truth, there are only four in that list that I would actually be unhappy with and given our current lineup we clearly need someone with some experience, but I think Kennedy has done more than enough to keep the spot and I don't see any real justification for replacing him with someone else... Re-sign Kennedy and maybe hold on to Pearce as an investment too.

Off current form, I think Golec and McGing are "musts" - who'd've thunk it!? I liked the look of Rowles tbh, would like to see us hold on to him, at a reasonable price... Much the same goes for Appiah - both of them on the assumption that the price would be right.
I'm a bit in two minds about Pain and RoseJr... I don't particularly want to see us lose either, and clearly we need someone on the left wing... But I definitely don't want us to overpay for either... If we hold on to Brama and His Holiness, I wouldn't blame RoseJr for wanting to move on to get some game time somewhere else though.

I like watching Asdrubal, but I think most of us have yet to be convinced - similarly for Powell as an actual #9.
I'm not sure about RoseSr - feels a bit 50/50 right now, depending on what else we have on that wing... Ascroft and Bingers, I don't mind having them in the squad but I'm not stressed if they go either - they've done what they can and probably just aren't good enough, such is life.

I think that about covers it for me ;)

scottmac

Suspended
Keep everyone except for
Pearce
Rose snr
Ashcroft
Bingham

Look to sign from all those off contract

Taggart
Wilkinson
Galloway
The last one I want to say Fitzgerald but I know it ended on a sour note but he's a dramatically different player to the one that left here.
I dont think we need 3 keepers in the first team

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami