• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2020-2021

onto it

My understanding of the switch to 442 was that it was part Staj and part player reaction to what was going on, under the leadership of Olli.
Whatever, it was great to see something that best utilised our resources, working.

pinklady

Jalota, Jankovic, Miller and Hatch all played for the Academy team in their 0-1 loss to Marconi last night. Plenty of possession but no idea in attack. I understand it was hard for the visa players to adapt to a team when they hadn't even trained with most of the players and the main reason for them playing was to get minutes in their legs. I really hope the run improved them because, apart from a few touches from Jalota that showed some promise they were all very underwhelming.

priorpeter

No need to rush them in. Give them all the time needed to build match fitness & understanding with those around them.
Interesting that you mention attacking woes for a team that managed 38 goals in 10 games last season - 45 in 12 if you include finals - ridiculously good stats.

shipwreck

Funny that we were all worried about "holding out til the Visa players get here" now we're more worried about them coming on and messing with the momentum ?

I think they will pay massive dividends when teams have worked out our tactics and we need some depth to mix things up a bit.

pinklady

No need to rush them in. Give them all the time needed to build match fitness & understanding with those around them.
Interesting that you mention attacking woes for a team that managed 38 goals in 10 games last season - 45 in 12 if you include finals - ridiculously good stats.
I agree excellent stats - 46 goals actually - with 14 different scorers. But of those 14 goal scorers from last year - 6 weren't there last night and only 7 of the 14 will be playing this season (and only 2 were in our top 6 scorers). Thankfully the A League will benefit from that as Kuol, Hall, Hatch and hopefully Smylie will all be part of the senior squad and that should be the main focus of the NPL/NYL squad - to develop players for senior football.

Michael

Jalota, Jankovic, Miller and Hatch all played for the Academy team in their 0-1 loss to Marconi last night. Plenty of possession but no idea in attack. I understand it was hard for the visa players to adapt to a team when they hadn't even trained with most of the players and the main reason for them playing was to get minutes in their legs. I really hope the run improved them because, apart from a few touches from Jalota that showed some promise they were all very underwhelming.
I’m sure Janota and jankovic would’ve purely used the run out to blow out some cobwebs and will be better for it.

BaysideMariner

2021 - (16)

Birighitti
Bouman
Casella - scholarship
Clisby
De Silva
Hall
Hatch - scholarship
Jonata
Kuol - scholarship
Nigro
Pearce
Rowles
Simon
Tongyik
Urena

2022 - (4)

Bozanic
Miller
Nisbet
Stensness

20 announced for the season. Average age just over 24
Based on what you have seen so far, which 3 would you sign up on long term deals now based on their current form?
For me it would be
Tongyik
Kuol
Birighitti

Michael

Based on what you have seen so far, which 3 would you sign up on long term deals now based on their current form?
For me it would be
Tongyik
Kuol
Birighitti

on top of your 3 I’d add Casella, kye and DDS. dds looks a completely different player for the better. And wait and see on our visa boys as they’re not 100% up to speed just yet but looking the goods early on. Even Jankovic in his cameo looked a sharp lad on the ball.

JoyfulPenguin

For me it would be
Tongyik
Kuol
Birighitti
As much as I would love to tie down quite a few players on long term deals I can't really see it happening until the ownership situation is fixed.

Forum Phoenix

Agree with those mentioned . Except I wouldn’t put Casella on a long term deal yet. Like him. But still needs more time to prove himself imo.

Do have a little time up our sleeves... but I’d also be going very hard to add a couple more years tmost importantly Staj, then Nizzy, Ollie, Stens and Birra. If you Keep them + Ruon and Rowles you can cut paste and build around them for the next three years and we will almost certainly remain a very strong side.

Delay and our pantry will guaranteed be cleaned out just like years past.

If we keep going as we’ve started, over these next couple months all the sycophants will come out wooing our best players with a view to stealing them in the future.

The way they’re playing is no fluke. They’re not going to go backwards - though Ollie will slow down a bit more - but It’s just way too hard to reinvent the wheel each year, especially on our budget. So now we actually have a team that is firing with a great culture by all reports too, now is the time to fight to make sure this won’t just be one good year. So get the spine on 3 year deals. And if someone wants them, they can pay through the nose

Ownership situation is obviously the most likely impediment to bc all this though.

Last edited:

style_cafe

Agree with those mentioned . Except I wouldn’t put Casella on a long term deal yet. Like him. But still needs more time to prove himself imo.

Do have a little time up our sleeves... but I’d also be going very hard to add a couple more years tmost importantly Staj, then Nizzy, Ollie, Stens and Birra. If you Keep them + Ruon and Rowles you can cut paste and build around them for the next three years and we will almost certainly remain a very strong side.

Delay and our pantry will guaranteed be cleaned out just like years past.

If we keep going as we’ve stated, over these next couple months all the sycophants will come out wooing our best players with a view to stealing them in the future.

The way they’re playing is no fluke. They’re not going to go backwards - though Ollie will slow down a bit more - but It’s just way too hard to reinvent the wheel each year, especially on our budget. So now we actually have a team that is firing with a great culture by all reports too, now is the time to fight to make sure this won’t just be one good year. So get the spine on 3 year deals. And if someone wants them, they can pay through the nose

Ownership situation is obviously the most likely impediment to bc all this though.
I`d be locking Staj in for another 2 years too.
If he can do this after last years performance he has proved he`s a quality coach.
Lock in the fitness guy too and Monty & Arrate ...:popcorn:

Forum Phoenix

I`d be locking Staj in for another 2 years too.
If he can do this after last years performance he has proved he`s a quality coach.
Lock in the fitness guy too and Monty & Arrate ...:popcorn:
Yeah great points. Lock it all down. even the kitchen sink please.

Oh, and let’s give Marvin a deal for life.

coinkydink the year we ditch the god awful Admiral and fat one eyed pirate we come good?

I think not.

Allreet?

As much as I loved the performance the other night, I found myself starting to panic slightly at the thought of the team Staj has built being ripped apart by bigger, more stable clubs. You can absolutely guarantee that Tongyik, Stensness, Nisbet, Birra, Rowles and Kuol have just gone to the top of numerous shopping lists. Staj too probably.

Sorting the ownership is the biggest priority, but then Staj, and then the spine. I want to watch this team for at least 5 years!!!

turbo

I think sorting at least some of the cheaper players as assets is smart business regardless of ownership. Kuol, Nisbet, Stensness, Tongyik won’t break the bank to put on multi year deals and we’re the best place to have the best chance of staying starters so it’s mutually beneficial. Birraz, DDS might be harder to commit the larger $ to but certainly worth a look unless the demands are outlandish.

Need to strike while morale is good and the longer we perform the more demand there will be.

Allreet?

Completely agree, although I suspect at least Tongyik and Stensness have gone to a new value level. If I was Tongyik's agent I'd be going for mega bux.

style_cafe

Completely agree, although I suspect at least Tongyik and Stensness have gone to a new value level. If I was Tongyik's agent I'd be going for mega bux.
I`m glad your not Tongyik`s agent and I hope he is too.
Many a starry eyed former Mariner,lured away by the big bucks has crashed and burned ,never to be heard of again.
I think Ruon has has so many clubs he`ll be happy to get an upgrade and stay where he is,playing regular first team football....:popcorn:

Huddo

Many a starry eyed former Mariner,lured away by the big bucks has crashed and burned ,never to be heard of again.
I think Ruon has has so many clubs he`ll be happy to get an upgrade and stay where he is,playing regular first team football....:popcorn:

As an agent I'd be thinking while olly is in front of him his value will only increase, we'll get atleast 2 years out of him, after that he'll have enough on his reel to go OS, I just hope we can get something for him.

Pirate Pete

Yeah, I'm hoping the players realise they're doing well because of Staj's coaching.
So it's really important we keep him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred