• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2020-2021

Allreet?

Ollie is our most important player right now but Tongyik has the most potential.

He will definitely go to a higher level, but hopefully not yet.

Allreet?

I disagree. SFC are one of the best resourced teams but we are a salary capped league (where the waters are never calm for long) and it takes a lot of character to follow on from major success, such as Arnie achieved there, and do just as well.

Let's put all achievement in perspective. I'm a massive CCM fan but I can still appreciate when others do well.

Huddo

I disagree. SFC are one of the best resourced teams but we are a salary capped league (where the waters are never calm for long) and it takes a lot of character to follow on from major success, such as Arnie achieved there, and do just as well.

Let's put all achievement in perspective. I'm a massive CCM fan but I can still appreciate when others do well.

Arnold's spine is still there, wilko,warland, grant, ninkovic, bobo. Basically the only addition corica can put his hand up for is ALF, and let's be honest I'm pretty sure Arnold had a hand in that signing too, honestly what has Corica added to FCs game that has made them more of a force? His kept his hands on the wheel and went straight.
Not to mention he inherited a stable club with a winning culture.

Allreet?

Arnold's spine is still there, wilko,warland, grant, ninkovic, bobo. Basically the only addition corica can put his hand up for is ALF, and let's be honest I'm pretty sure Arnold had a hand in that signing too, honestly what has Corica added to FCs game that has made them more of a force? His kept his hands on the wheel and went straight.
Not to mention he inherited a stable club with a winning culture.
So did Mossy.

Huddo

So did Mossy.
Arnold's 2013 team was gutted, and charlesworth took over the next year, for half the championship run the boys weren't even getting paid on time. I think moss was an alright coach, but the bloke inherited anything but a stable team and the depth had been sucked out. He did well to hold back the dam wall for 1 year, but we were always going to find it hard.

scottmac

Suspended
As much as I loved the performance the other night, I found myself starting to panic slightly at the thought of the team Staj has built being ripped apart by bigger, more stable clubs. You can absolutely guarantee that Tongyik, Stensness, Nisbet, Birra, Rowles and Kuol have just gone to the top of numerous shopping lists. Staj too probably.

Sorting the ownership is the biggest priority, but then Staj, and then the spine. I want to watch this team for at least 5 years!!!
Definitely agree there's the risk of being decimated but there's just a different feeling around the playing group and coaching staff this year. I'm not sure that it's going to be so easy a decision to leave now as it was the last few years.

pjennings

TBH I would love to have a A-League reserve league in place of the NYL. Mostly youngsters but also for first squad not getting games/returning from injury. When you look at our extended squad you could easily field a team in the reserves when you consider that Hart, Hatch, Hall, Miller, Casella (with Janota's arrival), Khoury. Ballard, Katsoulis, McCarthy, Smylie (with Urena's arrival), Tsekenis with Cahill to come back from loan. You could also bring Glassock back.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
TBH I would love to have a A-League reserve league in place of the NYL. Mostly youngsters but also for first squad not getting games/returning from injury. When you look at our extended squad you could easily field a team in the reserves when you consider that Hart, Hatch, Hall, Miller, Casella (with Janota's arrival), Khoury. Ballard, Katsoulis, McCarthy, Smylie (with Urena's arrival), Tsekenis with Cahill to come back from loan. You could also bring Glassock back.
Now that’s a great idea

turbo

100%. Sign him up for 3 years, phase him in to a starting role and tell him we’ll help him get the right move OS when the time comes & look after his brothers as well.

Edit - to elaborate someone else might want to poach him but if you look around the league Adelaide have the Toures, Brisbane have DWH, Sydney have some emerging talents I can’t recall the name of. A few of the teams like WSW, Victory, City are a tough ask to lock down a starting spot and won’t hesitate to put an expensive signing in front of you. Staying with us makes a lot of sense.

pjennings

100%. Sign him up for 3 years, phase him in to a starting role and tell him we’ll help him get the right move OS when the time comes & look after his brothers as well.
Not sure on that. Defending against the industriousness of Matty Simon and the what looks like the quality of Urena must be tiring for defences. I think Staj fair about right at the moment. The opposition defence has worked hard and then a quick young and hungry striker comes on and looks two gears quicker than them.

Maybe we should be looking at a Staj extensions as well before too many clubs come looking. CFG may be thinking Paddy needs to be shown the door,

turbo

Not sure on that. Defending against the industriousness of Matty Simon and the what looks like the quality of Urena must be tiring for defences. I think Staj fair about right at the moment. The opposition defence has worked hard and then a quick young and hungry striker comes on and looks two gears quicker than them.

Maybe we should be looking at a Staj extensions as well before too many clubs come looking. CFG may be thinking Paddy needs to be shown the door,
Both Victory and City will be looking for new managers before the season is out. Kisnorbo might only have a few weeks up his sleeve unless they get wins with ACL around 8 weeks away. Happy to extend Staj now his vision is paying off.

As for starting Kuol that’s the direction we need to work towards. Not necessarily a hard cutover next week but a gradual move because
A) I doubt we keep him long term without that pathway. We should be saying you’ll be our DWH / Toure
B) Matty has been huge lately but that’s still his first that wasn’t a penalty in quite some time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb