• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2020-2021

style_cafe

im sure if nothing else a stationary bike or treadmill has been arranged for each one. I mean, we are a professional sporting organisation??
Would you be available to help carry them in to the quarantine hotel?...:popcorn:
Just asking for a friend...

Michael

I'm spewing we missed him. First few games I saw of him for roar I liked what I saw. Roar fans talk him down a bit still but I'd have him in a heart beat if they released him

he’s definitely got all the raw attributes, it was a smart toe poke finish last night. I reckon he’ll refine his game and step up this season.

FFC Mariner

Funny how that works. Would have been a shoe in for decent minutes but now Kuol, Smylie and Casella are showing they deserve minutes and we’ve still got the visa players to come.
No fee. His contract expired, he didn't sign a new one and has left the club.
Reportedly in Eastern Europe trialling I think.

Forum Phoenix

I think it’s obvious Staj cleaned out every player that wouldn’t buy in.

Huge difference, Feel like we’ve been beggars for so long we’ve allowed players to treat us like shit, but by backing youth it means we don’t have to whore ourselves out to anyone who’ll have us.

I love our young playing group. this year feels like it’s going to launch a new generation of careers like the Mariners of old did,

onto it

I think it’s obvious Staj cleaned out every player that wouldn’t buy in.

Huge difference, Feel like we’ve been beggars for so long we’ve allowed players to treat us like shit, but by backing youth it means we don’t have to whore ourselves out to anyone who’ll have us.

I love our young playing group. this year feels like it’s going to launch a new generation of careers like the Mariners of old did,
They have bought in for sure. Apparently preseason was very physical and the fitness levels have shown in these first two games. The boys are pressing hard in defence, even though they may sit deep, and are actually running onto the ball when attacking.
Combine that with those that are into their second year (Niz, Stens, Miller, Kuol, Tongyik....) who are playing with more confidence as well as energy and, well, it was obvious we were going to win the first two games. Obvious.

pjennings

While we all seem to be reasonably happy with the squad (quite a turn around in sentiment in just over a week) I have always been a great believer in 2 people for each position.

With 20 in the squad we are still two short. After the first 2 rounds where do people see the greatest need for those spots. (BTW - this pre-supposes that we will sign more players - something that may not happen).

What are people's thoughts. Should we add to the squad? If so, where?

My thoughts. I didn't expect Tongyik and Rowles would be the starting CBs - but it is now theirs to lose and they both look very comfortable. They have a good keeper behind them and having Ollie in front of them probably gives them a deal of confidence. Casella has been a breath of fresh air at LM. Up front the young guys are impressing and while Urena stats are not great, his stats when playing as a 9 last season in the Costa Rican first div was 10 goals and 4 assists in 20 ganes.

My main area of concern in the first XI is Clisby. While he has looked better in a more settled side I'm just not convinced that he is what will be needed. He can cover for CB so I would have him as cover for LCB and cover for LB. Hatch may become good enough to play regularly at LB but he isn't there yet. So my first position is to buy a starting XI LB. The other position I would look at is a backup CM. while it is true that Nizzy or DDS could cover in there as well but I like the competition they are having out wide. As it is a backup player I don't think we have to break the bank for any means here but would be happy to take a gamble. The person I would gamble with is Tasuku Sekiya. He has excelled in three different NPL competitions and probably wouldn't be much of a gamble anyway - and coming from the NPL would not be that expensive,

------------------------Birighitti/Pearce-------------------------
Nigro/Miller------Tongyik/Hall-----Rowles/Clisby--------LB/Hatch
Nisbet/De Silva---Stensness/Jankovic----Bozanic/CM--Janota/Casella
-------------Urena/Bouman------------Koul/Simon--------------------

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member