• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2020-2021

pjennings

I’ll reserve any judgement until I see how we play, AU have some good backline experience in Jakobson and Elsey I thought WU’s young backline did ok but Juric should have scored when he beat the defence. AU keeper did ok but every shot on target was at him so time will tell but he looks promising.
James Delianov would get the nod over Glover for me as Olyroos keeper. Glover worries me every time the ball comes near him. It was good to see so many young kids playing. It seems though that 3 WSW scholarship players have been cut to 'study'

Last edited:

JoyfulPenguin

Mo Adam has been released by the Wanderers, supposedly to focus on his studies just like Heward-Belle did! Wouldn't mind nabbing him.

Big Al

Mo Adam has been released by the Wanderers, supposedly to focus on his studies just like Heward-Belle did! Wouldn't mind nabbing him.
We could do worse. I think the kid had some speed to which we are sorely missing.
Ibini Troisi and Some other slacker all get poached just before the season then suddenly 3 kids decide family and study are more important. Someone’s trying to turn WSW into SFC. Youth players don’t win you the A League unfortunately

Insertnamehere

We could do worse. I think the kid had some speed to which we are sorely missing.
Ibini Troisi and Some other slacker all get poached just before the season then suddenly 3 kids decide family and study are more important. Someone’s trying to turn WSW into SFC. Youth players don’t win you the A League unfortunately
Should try and poach them, given our history with Western Sydney region players. I know nothing about them but WSW fans seem disappointed.

pinklady

Should try and poach them, given our history with Western Sydney region players. I know nothing about them but WSW fans seem disappointed.
One of them is Noah Pagden who is a Central Coast local - never rated highly by Ken Schembri or anyone at CCM even though he captained Australia at U18. Fabian Monge has been out of favour a bit but Mo Adam is quality. Both have played under Naz at Marconi and WSW. Silvera was way behind Mo Adam in the pecking order at WSW and was one of the reasons he had his dummy spit and came to us.
Despite any of this I can't help but think that there is a lot more to it than 3 talented young players walking away from football 2 days before the start of the season to concentrate on family and studies when they are all well established on scholarships.
My guess is that they may join their former NYL coach Arthur Diles at Xanthi FC in Greece as free agents in January.

Ironbark

I find myself a little excited, a little doubtful (of our form but we can win game 1) and definitely pumped to see the visas in action when out of quarantine.

Thought - is it possible for our visas to stay fit, let alone properly match fit, whilst in quarantine?

Big Al

I find myself a little excited, a little doubtful (of our form but we can win game 1) and definitely pumped to see the visas in action when out of quarantine.

Thought - is it possible for our visas to stay fit, let alone properly match fit, whilst in quarantine?
Yes if the club sends them gym equipment. I saw an NBL import say how much it helped that his team (Adelaide) had organised gym equipment. Probably helped mentally as much as anything. Obviously it’s not the same but it’s better than nothing at all

Michael

Yes if the club sends them gym equipment. I saw an NBL import say how much it helped that his team (Adelaide) had organised gym equipment. Probably helped mentally as much as anything. Obviously it’s not the same but it’s better than nothing at all

im sure if nothing else a stationary bike or treadmill has been arranged for each one. I mean, we are a professional sporting organisation??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred