• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

true believer

Gee watching games this week . If we had a striker then .we would be a real force .
This will kill us because any monkey that can see what staj is doing with a few pennies will snap him up and give him some real cash to build a team.
A striker and we might keep him for another year

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Gee watching games this week . If we had a striker then .we would be a real force .
This will kill us because any monkey that can see what staj is doing with a few pennies will snap him up and give him some real cash to build a team.
A striker and we might keep him for another year
That's a potential concern - we need Staj for a few more seasons.
I like how everybody was saying 'WSW are the goods this year!' like, buggar off. They were no better than us and only won because of a very dodgy VAR penalty (given what has since resulted in 'no foul' from the VAR, we can very clearly call our one dodgy) and some extremely dodgy VAR calls in the sydney clash. They haven't dominated anybody.

But yeah....our attacking plans need to EXPECT to suffer one blatantly wrong VAR penalty every game. That's why we need to plan 2 goals a game to win - and of course, recognising that still doesn't account for the goals the other team scores on their own or from correct decisions.

Tim

Staj signed a three years deal and I would think from what I’ve seen, he’s a man of his word and would appreciate the opportunity that CCM gave him to revive his career after the appalling treatment he received in his dismissal from the Matilda’s. I would be very surprised and most disappointed if he doesn’t see out at least 3 years with us and when he does leave sometime in the future the club will be in a far better spot than when he arrived...

MagpieMariner

I get the impression that Staj is a man of honour. Therefore I would expect him to see out his contract with us and not do to us what FFA did to him.

Tevor

I get the impression that Staj is a man of honour. Therefore I would expect him to see out his contract with us and not do to us what FFA did to him.
Agree and he mentions building a team over multiple years, some of the young players will be even better next season. Next year will be what we want, we just need to get through this year with some respectability.

Rowdy

and some extremely dodgy VAR calls in the sydney clash.
Off topic ... but yeah how bad was that ref, CAN'T BELIEVE Rhyan Grant wasn't awarded a PEN for being tackled from behind on the goal line while they were adjudicating another incident with the VAR.

Even worse .... Fox commentators made absolutely NO MENTION of it post game.

Agree, CCM will be bent-over by a few more VAR calls this season at a minimum.

Back on topic ;)

shipwreck

Hooper is the most unfit player on the field yet looks to have the most time because he is always in the right spot.

Difference between experienced instinct and enthusiasm....

marinermick

So, already I'm getting concerned about Birraz and Duruc, aren't they both on 1
-year deals?
Can we open negotiations in week 5 and ban Laurie from moving any further south than The Entrance until we can get a pair of new signatures?

Oar also coming off contract. Those three should be a priority.

Tevor

So, already I'm getting concerned about Birraz and Duruc, aren't they both on 1
-year deals?
Can we open negotiations in week 5 and ban Laurie from moving any further south than The Entrance until we can get a pair of new signatures?
Scum are broke so I don't think Laurie is a huge threat at the moment and also we have a manager that cares and has a brain. Still agree it would be a good sign to see players like that commit a little longer. Dare say if we are travelling well by say round 10 we might see some announcements.:thumbup:

turbo

With our cup run, some close performances and now our first win I'm hoping the mood in the team will help with extending contracts as long as we make decent offers. It's got to be a far easier situation than trying to retain Miller while winless in almost a year and morale taking a beating.

Michael

The one year contracts will definitely be concerning if we go on a bit of a run.
But in saying that every single one of the boys seem very happy to be here working for Staj who’s here for 3 years. JVS has a decent contract too doesn’t he? He was the selling point for Birra.

Insertnamehere

The one year contracts will definitely be concerning if we go on a bit of a run.
But in saying that every single one of the boys seem very happy to be here working for Staj who’s here for 3 years. JVS has a decent contract too doesn’t he? He was the selling point for Birra.
Honestly with how these guys have performed so far I'd be having the discussions about 2 year deals now. 3 years for SS

Michael

Honestly with how these guys have performed so far I'd be having the discussions about 2 year deals now. 3 years for SS

I agree.
Sammy signed a 3 year deal about a month ago now though. The most proactive I think the club has ever been with such a good prospect.
I’d be making Tommy, Milan, Fox and Stens priorities right now.
DDS and Birra give me the feeling that they’re using this season as a platform. So I’d just let them keep playing well and when the time comes later in the season to sit down I’d make them the best possible offers. Obviously I want them both long term but I don’t think they’d see themselves here long term. Although for Danny it’s honestly for his best interests to be the big fish here.

Insertnamehere

I agree.
Sammy signed a 3 year deal about a month ago now though. The most proactive I think the club has ever been with such a good prospect.
DDS and Birra give me the feeling that they’re using this season as a platform. So I’d just let them keep playing well and when the time comes later in the season to sit down I’d make them the best possible offers. Obviously I want them both long term but I don’t think they’d see themselves here long term. Although for Danny it’s honestly for his best interests to be the big fish here.
Yeah you're right about SS. How I forgot that I dunno.
I hope blokes like DDS and Birra have learned by now it's better to a big fish for a bit longer than ride the pine somewhere more prestigious. Does you zero good. It's a hard lemon to suck
I agree.
Sentence about SS was cut off but yeah 3 years was unusually proactive.

Michael

Yeah you're right about SS. How I forgot that I dunno.
I hope blokes like DDS and Birra have learned by now it's better to a big fish for a bit longer than ride the pine somewhere more prestigious. Does you zero good. It's a hard lemon to suck.

Yeah in an ideal world they’d stick out the few seasons project. But who knows they’re just as likely to, as they are not. I’m just happy they’re performing out of sight right now in our colours and see what happens around January/February when contracts start being discussed.

You’d have to go a long way to find another player who’s rolled his sleeves up and battled so hard with out the ball and performed beautifully with it with no fuss and pretty well backflipped their attitude like DDS has right now. Whoever sat him down and set him straight (Staj) deserves a large amount of money.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami