• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

Kit Walker

Tell us and endure the wrath of Kit Walker. Don’t tell us and endure the wrath of everyone else. The conundrum!
I couldn’t hold my tongue anymore.
Seeing a new player at training & sharing that is very very different then sharing personal details of a negotiation between a player & club on a public forum. The case is closed anyway marinermick. I am sure all the regulars would agree it’s time to move on.

Michael

Good training session today. JAIR was there. He looks pretty decent. Not match fit but not unfit either. Has a good touch. I would suggest he will be a handy pick up.

There was another young African kid trying out who looked interesting but not involved in proper training.

The Youth team look good and had a very professional training session on the top pitch.

Training is much more professional this year.

The two players that impressed me a lot today were Stensness and Clisby which surprised me a bit.

We have very few players carrying injury and we looked fit. DDS's dribbling is a joy to watch.

I think the players people didnt recognise is maybe Miller and Hatch.

Cheers for the training info wombat.
I rate hatch a lot and I hope he gets some games this year if Clisby is to miss out for some reason at some point. Good potential and super natural LB.
Would the young African player have been John Roberts?

Ironbark

Good training session today. JAIR was there. He looks pretty decent. Not match fit but not unfit either. Has a good touch. I would suggest he will be a handy pick up.

There was another young African kid trying out who looked interesting but not involved in proper training.

The Youth team look good and had a very professional training session on the top pitch.

Training is much more professional this year.

The two players that impressed me a lot today were Stensness and Clisby which surprised me a bit.

We have very few players carrying injury and we looked fit. DDS's dribbling is a joy to watch.

I think the players people didnt recognise is maybe Miller and Hatch.
Legend, thanks Wombles

Wombat

Cheers for the training info wombat.
I rate hatch a lot and I hope he gets some games this year if Clisby is to miss out for some reason at some point. Good potential and super natural LB.
Would the young African player have been John Roberts?

It could have been MLK Jnr??? Tall skinny black African. He was training with a smallish white kid and the keeper Munford (got that FP?). They were smashing 60 yd passes to each other with Aidan so accurate but turning the air blue if he didnt put it on a dime.
Just the 3 of them and a coach. The Black kid didnt want to stop when he was told the session is over.....thats a good trait i hope.

Forum Phoenix

It could have been MLK Jnr??? Tall skinny black African. He was training with a smallish white kid and the keeper Munford (got that FP?). They were smashing 60 yd passes to each other with Aidan so accurate but turning the air blue if he didnt put it on a dime.
Just the 3 of them and a coach. The Black kid didnt want to stop when he was told the session is over.....thats a good trait i hope.

Mun’s the word.

Thanks for the training report Wombat.

Sounds promising.

Michael

Oh okay, perhaps one of the youth boys. Dan Hall is the only one I can think of that matches that description.
Cheers again.

Perhaps we can expect a decision on Jair today or tomorrow for tomorrow’s match squad announcement.

turbo

Perhaps we can expect a decision on Jair today or tomorrow for tomorrow’s match squad announcement.
How quickly can things move with a visa free agent? Im not expecting to see him in any match day squad until at least next week but don’t know how much the government or FFA would hold us up. Unless his last visa is still current which could help the process?

Wombat

They are off to Perth and then Melbourne. Jair will most likely train with the remaining Coastbound squad to get fitness.
I would imagine he will be announced once the correct Visa is issued and all medicals have been passed.

Could be playing in 2 weeks time.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

All we can do is trust that Staj thinks he can get more out of him than Jets did - and that can happen; a player can do poorly at one team but well at another. A combination of the coaching, the team structure, the players around him......we've already seen Staj get a lot more out of our players than previous coaches.
And perhaps even a mediocre striker would be a smart signing at the moment - we're all saying that Simon should be dropped completely, but there just still isn't enough competition for striker spots at the moment. Another striker coming in would surely mean that even a bench spot is no longer guaranteed.

turbo

It would be nice to pick up Jair and get him banging some goals and hopefully watch Millar have a dogshit year with the scum.
That’s the reality I want to live.

If he does fire for us they will be extra salty about it. And for what it’s worth I’m pretty sure Millar got beaten for 1 of the goals against Adelaide.

marinermick

Watching training. Really solid session. Looks like they want to run Perth around a bit, especially their front three. No indication of a starting eleven in this session.

Jair looks a bit slow and lethargic. Maybe the consequence of a few sessions back-to-back. I have to see more.

Usual suspects there as well as the left midfielder (Lynch) from North Shore Mariners. Staj giving some of these players training opportunities now that they are in NPL1.

Kit Walker

Watching training. Really solid session. Looks like they want to run Perth around a bit, especially their front three. No indication of a starting eleven in this session.

Jair looks a bit slow and lethargic. Maybe the consequence of a few sessions back-to-back. I have to see more.

Usual suspects there as well as the left midfielder (Lynch) from North Shore Mariners. Staj giving some of these players training opportunities now that they are in NPL1.
Hey marinermick,
What are the specific major differences in training this season compared to the last few seasons? Seems like Staj is getting more out of the players but what is it he is doing differently exactly when you watch the sessions? Is it the training intensity?

Kit Walker

If Jair flew in from Brazil, thats a 20+ hour flight. That would affect you physically in the first few sessions. If he hasn't been playing, it will take him 3-4 weeks to catch up to the fitness level of the squad who have had a long hard pre-season. My husband doesn't like Jair but I think he has potential if you look closer at his goal scoring record over the years.

Melange

If he does fire for us they will be extra salty about it. And for what it’s worth I’m pretty sure Millar got beaten for 1 of the goals against Adelaide.
I noticed that too and it was a with problem for Millar last season.

From an old defenders point of view he seems to relax a bit when the ball is being crossed in, maybe just being satisfied he's in the right place to defend, maybe ball watching, but not really mentally prepared to properly compete.

He'll be a fantastic player once his defence in the box improves.

Reactions: adz

Tevor

I noticed that too and it was a with problem for Millar last season.

From an old defenders point of view he seems to relax a bit when the ball is being crossed in, maybe just being satisfied he's in the right place to defend, maybe ball watching, but not really mentally prepared to properly compete.

He'll be a fantastic player once his defence in the box improves.
I definitely had a chuckle to myself when I seen him as you mentioned "relax" and then try and look like he blocked the shot. He was definitely to blame as he didn't track Riley's run at all. As per previous years of Mariners defence, ball watching not player watching. Not sure Ernie is the man to get him out of that bad habit and would have probably been better off under Staj with the improvement of our defence so far. Long may it last.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami