• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

Forum Phoenix

I’ve long been pissed with what’s seemed to be Australian fixation on athlete vs technical creative and intelligent players. That said, I don’t think a fast 20 year old from the NT setup is the same as a mega star sprint champion who wants to play football.

Staj has proven he’s not stupid. If he can continue to develop Majok, who has some great attributes and get him over his flaws, he could in time prove a good signing.

But for now all I’m focused on is visa players, spine and having a true starting 11. Not development or squad players like Majok.

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

I can not see the reasoning behind this decision.... ...Only explanations is we are already starting to panic based on the interest we have had in the club.

I don’t think this is the only explanation.

Staj and others may rate him and or as you say believe they can adequately develop him - which is the most Occam like answer.

I heard plenty of people put shit on Mabil too. And Krishna for that matter.

With our needs I don’t think we should be excited by anyone who’s not bonafied awesome. But he’s still a perfectly reasonable development player signing imo. And as a general rule, I think every young signing deserves a decent amount of positivity from their new fans.

Forum Phoenix

I watched him a bit on Saturday because of our supposed interest (still just rumours - especially since Rallis is the basis of most Covert Agent articles). He is big and reasonably quick and gets into good positions. However, his touch on the ball is very patchy, good at times, terrible at other times. He snatched at a huge chance that could have made us very nervous if he hit the target. Squaddie at best - but we need to do better.

Agree for the most part PJ, however we watch strikers snatch at and miss chances every week in the top leagues.

Personally I think there’s an important difference between squaddie signings and development signings. I think he’s the latter and we should view him as such.

We’re talking about potential, and so much of ‘potential’ for young players is decided by mentality imo.

So I’m wondering what’s his mentality like...

If he’s mentally tough and driven he could be a fantastic player in 3-4 years. Whereas how many talented kids do you see plateau and never go anywhere close to their mooted potential, all because of their mentality.

I don’t want another Appiah, but I’m very interested to see how Staj can take a young player like this and develop him because I quietly suspect this may be one of Staj’s real skills given his background.

A lot of elitist ex Roos seem to be very poor at nurturing young talent and seem more comfortable looking down their noses at it. I think someone like Staj will be very different.

Ancient Mariner

I watched him a bit on Saturday because of our supposed interest (still just rumours - especially since Rallis is the basis of most Covert Agent articles). He is big and reasonably quick and gets into good positions. However, his touch on the ball is very patchy, good at times, terrible at other times. He snatched at a huge chance that could have made us very nervous if he hit the target. Squaddie at best - but we need to do better.

If we judged Kwassie on one game, and saw him on a bad day, none of us would have wanted him.

Yet he is now a club legend. :cool:

midfielder

Pondejak
Perez
Amini
Rogic
Plus you could argue Bozanic

Once we had the best 10's in Hal... we need something in this class again with Tommy & Gem playing behind them...

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Wonder if his stats will improve next year
s6C3Sz.png

Michael

Ronny Vargas has been told yeah nah by the jets.
Time to rip open that couch pillow mike and throw them £££ at him.

They can have 5 Millars if we could get Vargas.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I’ve long been pissed with what’s seemed to be Australian fixation on athlete vs technical creative and intelligent players. That said, I don’t think a fast 20 year old from the NT setup is the same as a mega star sprint champion who wants to play football.

Staj has proven he’s not stupid. If he can continue to develop Majok, who has some great attributes and get him over his flaws, he could in time prove a good signing.

But for now all I’m focused on is visa players, spine and having a true starting 11. Not development or squad players like Majok.

On the top of athletic players....I always found it amazing just how often, even at local Premier League, all attackers do to get past the defender most of the time is kick it 20 yards upfield to themselves then try to outrun the defender. Pretty sure that's just the main Australian attack....

BrisRecky

Someone just pointed out on FB that he must of scored in the pre season...FAIR ENOUGH

pjennings

I guess we are a week away from some hard decisions... assuming we have our coach, then come next Monday, he will need to let a lot of players go, as will the three other teams not in the finals and within four weeks all sides will have to let go of those they don't want.
Let the signing begin...

I'm already looking forward to this - the season is over. I need something to be excited about. We used to go into seasons expecting top 4 as a minimum - recently it has been bottom 4 and hope to avoid the spoon. It's past time that we need to at least be able to go into a season knowing we have a team that can compete week in - week out.

BrisRecky

Wonder if his stats will improve next year
s6C3Sz.png
Speaking of which, how has he managed to stay employed , by my reckoning his not done minute one of game time ...so testically his a bigger wage thief than fkn Hooley Dooley

pjennings

Assuming that Alen gets the job and Phelan is no longer here then recruitment is up to him. Mulvey seemed to take immediate dislike to Tom. He has gone. I think we have to give him the the chance to pick his own squad. Hopefully that includes Tom

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred