• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

Gray

At last. The pain is over (for another year). In many ways after hoping for back to back wins I am glad that the shellacking occurred to remind us of the absolute reboot/ clear out needed. It is always hard as a fan to reconcile sentiment with reality but anyone with any football nous picking a best of side from that possibles versus probables trial picks the entire side in light blue. Hindsight is wonderful and we have all been caught out by it but giving McGlinchey and Simon two year deals in the era of 1 year deals is beyond incomprehensible. Simon’ s signing I understand but to even consider he should contribute more than he did (most admirably) at Sydney is immediately giving the message to all and sundry that our aspirations are less than theirs. And yes I know many have shone gaining more game time at other clubs but few 34 year olds!
Imagine if Hoole and Melling had shone tonight in a 2-1 win. Sorry lads, for all the skills and attributes you both undoubtedly have, the full package is not good enough for this level.Mariners concede after Melling turns over possession occurred far to regularly.
I don’t think ONeill will stay ( be pleased if he did) but I am a long way from being convinced that he is a premier league player. Again his work rate and physicality would be more prominent with more class around him but his decision making and touch leave me thinking he will not make the highest level.
Murray does little to convince me he would be better with better players as he makes a lot of individual errors but as he is signedhappy to give him a shot with greater quality around him.
Clisby, not a centre back. Graham, lots of positive attributes but will do a naked handstand on the front drive if he makes it as a premier league player, given that’s where SUFC are heading.
Jem and Tom. Not convinced. Tom I have been a fan of but not sure he has that edge that he showed last year with some sublime passing. Jem has the tenacity and work rate and does remind me of a smaller Jedinak but again makes some odd decisions that leave me frustrated. Isiasis is the benchmark for me and Jem isn’t there.
Running out of beer and energy now. I guess what I am trying to say is whoever is coach next year, and I would be happy with Stajic, is that we simply have been individually and collectively not good enough both technically and physically. We need investment.
NOTHING CHANGES IF NOTHING CHANGES!!!
By the way Dan, when can I renew my membership. COYY!

Big Al

At last. The pain is over (for another year). In many ways after hoping for back to back wins I am glad that the shellacking occurred to remind us of the absolute reboot/ clear out needed. It is always hard as a fan to reconcile sentiment with reality but anyone with any football nous picking a best of side from that possibles versus probables trial picks the entire side in light blue. Hindsight is wonderful and we have all been caught out by it but giving McGlinchey and Simon two year deals in the era of 1 year deals is beyond incomprehensible. Simon’ s signing I understand but to even consider he should contribute more than he did (most admirably) at Sydney is immediately giving the message to all and sundry that our aspirations are less than theirs. And yes I know many have shone gaining more game time at other clubs but few 34 year olds!
Imagine if Hoole and Melling had shone tonight in a 2-1 win. Sorry lads, for all the skills and attributes you both undoubtedly have, the full package is not good enough for this level.Mariners concede after Melling turns over possession occurred far to regularly.
I don’t think ONeill will stay ( be pleased if he did) but I am a long way from being convinced that he is a premier league player. Again his work rate and physicality would be more prominent with more class around him but his decision making and touch leave me thinking he will not make the highest level.
Murray does little to convince me he would be better with better players as he makes a lot of individual errors but as he is signedhappy to give him a shot with greater quality around him.
Clisby, not a centre back. Graham, lots of positive attributes but will do a naked handstand on the front drive if he makes it as a premier league player, given that’s where SUFC are heading.
Jem and Tom. Not convinced. Tom I have been a fan of but not sure he has that edge that he showed last year with some sublime passing. Jem has the tenacity and work rate and does remind me of a smaller Jedinak but again makes some odd decisions that leave me frustrated. Isiasis is the benchmark for me and Jem isn’t there.
Running out of beer and energy now. I guess what I am trying to say is whoever is coach next year, and I would be happy with Stajic, is that we simply have been individually and collectively not good enough both technically and physically. We need investment.
NOTHING CHANGES IF NOTHING CHANGES!!!
By the way Dan, when can I renew my membership. COYY!
Well said agree on all of it

Tevor

Well it was definitely a one off Tevor.:(
Agree but no one played well, can not even think of who our best player was they were all as bad as each other. I wouldn’t shed a tear if he was released along with a lot players.

Big Al

Also chasing Fitzy again but won’t pay his current wage and a couple of wsw youth

They also say majok is done for 2
Yrs

FFC Mariner

Fat pie eating wanker. Dogged the club now wants to come back because no one else wants him.
With Judas as well, what a culture we are building

Pirate Pete

Won't be a bad deal if the drive bys took McGlinchey in exchange for Fitzgerald.
I'm not sure Fitzgerald would ever have left if he hadn't been mates with Caceres.

nebakke

Well it was definitely a one off Tevor.:(

He was pretty far from being the biggest culprit in that game, I thought he made an acceptable effort for a second string keeper - better than
Yes!!!! Juniors and bench players - exactly what we need!

TBF we're gonna need players of this sort as well and the sort of player that we want is probably still playing, waiting for a transfer window.
I'm not getting my hopes up, at this point I'm not re-signing, have to speak a language the club understands. But I'd rather we sign talented youngsters than we backfill with the dregs because we had to wait for the quality to be released so we could sign them first.

Michael

Ramy is the first half decent rumour.
Good young player. Better than most of our youth so I don’t overly have a problem with that. Many football people say he’s better than Arzani.
As for the few WSW youth’s rumour. I don’t rate that at all.
The fitzy rumour is pretty average. Seems like only fitzy wants it if we aren’t going to match his wages and he’s still got another 2 years.

Pirate Pete

Good young player. Better than most of our youth so I don’t overly have a problem with that. Many football people say he’s better than Arzani.
The fitzy rumour is pretty average. Seems like only fitzy wants it if we aren’t going to match his wages and he’s still got another 2 years.
I really wouldn't count that the Ramy thing as even a half rumour.
Seems more like Staj says that's the kind of player for us. Unless Ramy is off contract there is no way it will happen.
You might not like the WSW rumours, but that's where we're looking to find our Ramy's.

pjennings

Arzani says he;s better than Arzani

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred