• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

Forum Phoenix

I don’t want Fitzy. He only scores 1 in 10 games on average. I always liked his energy but he couldn’t find the net consistently with us and that hasn’t changed. Nor does he provide a lot of assists. Doesn’t have a good football brain. We have to have better if we don’t want to be fighting for the spoon.

We need 6 Australian players that are top 4 side starting quality. (How we get them I don’t know - but it’s still what we need) 5 quality visa players through our spine (so Weemac must be paid out). Then a handful of versatile squad players with a big handful of high potential youth players behind them.

Fitzy obviously isn’t a quality starting 11 player and nor does he fit the bill of the squaddie imo. They need to be mentally tough and happy just to be in the side, challenging for a spot and contribute as they can. Whereas Fitzy is a confidence player whose head goes down easy and my guess is will not be happy unless he’s starting.

Our squaddies need to be solid pros that are all mentally tough. Melling is a better example - though he obviously has a lot of errors still to cut from his game.

Last edited:

JoyfulPenguin

It's good to see the club starting this process of NPL trials as soon as the season ends rather than half way through pre-season. I haven't ever really taken much notice of Wilkins but will take a look at his games this season. For those interested you can watch them here: https://www.youtube.com/user/NPLVictoria
Sylaidos would be a great pick up, a very technical and tricky winger/number 10 who was unlucky to get cut by City a couple of years ago and is worth paying the slightly higher minimum wage for his services. I haven't seen much of Cavallo either but he was a decently rated Victory/City youth player up until he got released by City. Wilkins and Cavallo would both qualify as a "Mature Age Rookie" who we can pay outside of the salary cap.

We need to utilise every spending tool we can, the age of austerity needs to end. We are competing for signings with Western United and we simply cannot afford to play "moneyball" any longer. If any of these players are signed their contracts need to be negotiated well, we simply cannot be overpaying or being left with players who we lose as soon as they are anywhere actually near delivering some of their potential. Contracts with extensions, on our terms, need to happen with NPL players we are signing.

I fail to really see how Majok is any better than some of our NPL Academy strikers we have had over the last few years. Duncan Stewart was a more successful striker in NPL 2 than he was and we decided to release him. He has been exposed to first team football and he certainly has potential but when we are having to pay more simply because he is older than 20 we need to be getting more value for our money, and currently I can't see that he is worth more than that. Could he be a worthwhile player? Possibly, but he needs more support around then I think we will be able to give him. If he is signed it needs to be on our terms enough of agents dictating to us, we need a contract that sets out extensions when we want them and on the minimum wage otherwise there are plenty of others that could do just as good of a job.

Nick Fitzgerald has improved as a players since he left us and would be on a fair amount of cash at the Wanderers after they poached him from City. I would say that they would want him gone, as they want to completely overhaul their squad. If he is on less than $150,000 and part of that is subsidized outside the cap by our homegrown player allowance he could be worth it but anymore and we could do better.

If Adam Pearce is staying as our number two he needs to be a loyalty player, we can pay at least 25% of his salary outside of the cap. Matt Nash needs to be gone last week, he has selected our keepers year on year and failed to improve our keeping situation, we need accountability for that.

We can spend up to $200,000 on players who came through our academy outside the salary cap, Lachie Wales' contract expires at the end of this season, could we use that to lure him home?

Overall we need to make the most of every cent of cash we can spend, we need to spend beyond the salary cap and make use of every loophole available. If we don't, well, I doubt we will have a football club for very much longer.

Insertnamehere

It's good to see the club starting this process of NPL trials as soon as the season ends rather than half way through pre-season. I haven't ever really taken much notice of Wilkins but will take a look at his games this season. For those interested you can watch them here: https://www.youtube.com/user/NPLVictoria
Sylaidos would be a great pick up, a very technical and tricky winger/number 10 who was unlucky to get cut by City a couple of years ago and is worth paying the slightly higher minimum wage for his services. I haven't seen much of Cavallo either but he was a decently rated Victory/City youth player up until he got released by City. Wilkins and Cavallo would both qualify as a "Mature Age Rookie" who we can pay outside of the salary cap.

We need to utilise every spending tool we can, the age of austerity needs to end. We are competing for signings with Western United and we simply cannot afford to play "moneyball" any longer. If any of these players are signed their contracts need to be negotiated well, we simply cannot be overpaying or being left with players who we lose as soon as they are anywhere actually near delivering some of their potential. Contracts with extensions, on our terms, need to happen with NPL players we are signing.

I fail to really see how Majok is any better than some of our NPL Academy strikers we have had over the last few years. Duncan Stewart was a more successful striker in NPL 2 than he was and we decided to release him. He has been exposed to first team football and he certainly has potential but when we are having to pay more simply because he is older than 20 we need to be getting more value for our money, and currently I can't see that he is worth more than that. Could he be a worthwhile player? Possibly, but he needs more support around then I think we will be able to give him. If he is signed it needs to be on our terms enough of agents dictating to us, we need a contract that sets out extensions when we want them and on the minimum wage otherwise there are plenty of others that could do just as good of a job.

Nick Fitzgerald has improved as a players since he left us and would be on a fair amount of cash at the Wanderers after they poached him from City. I would say that they would want him gone, as they want to completely overhaul their squad. If he is on less than $150,000 and part of that is subsidized outside the cap by our homegrown player allowance he could be worth it but anymore and we could do better.

If Adam Pearce is staying as our number two he needs to be a loyalty player, we can pay at least 25% of his salary outside of the cap. Matt Nash needs to be gone last week, he has selected our keepers year on year and failed to improve our keeping situation, we need accountability for that.

We can spend up to $200,000 on players who came through our academy outside the salary cap, Lachie Wales' contract expires at the end of this season, could we use that to lure him home?

Overall we need to make the most of every cent of cash we can spend, we need to spend beyond the salary cap and make use of every loophole available. If we don't, well, I doubt we will have a football club for very much longer.
As usual bang on.

Ads

Lachie Wales girlfriend still lives on the coast who he visits regularly. Would be a high possibility if used the right conversation with him.

But once again, would almost be career suicide coming back.

Based on the rumers so far, there is no indication that we will have the quality to compete. :(

Michael

I’m 99% sure City gave lachie the 2years he wanted that Mulvey refused. Same wages we offered too...

I’d take him back in an absolute heart beat.

JoyfulPenguin

Lachie Wales girlfriend still lives on the coast who he visits regularly. Would be a high possibility if used the right conversation with him.

But once again, would almost be career suicide coming back.

Based on the rumers so far, there is no indication that we will have the quality to compete. :(
Would be great move for us, not so much for him. Unless we can convince him we will at the very least be in the finals it would be a pretty backwards move even if he was getting paid significantly more.

Wombat

Fitzy is a useful player. I dont see him as starting 11 but would give us decent depth. Most importantly his Mum is a MILF.

Wombat

We need

1. New. A real top quality experienced keeper required.
2. New. Starting RB Miller can cover perhaps.
3. New. Starting LB. Clisby is cover.
4. New. Starting experienced International CB. Rowles can cover.
5. New. " " CB.
6. Oar is our starting LW.
7. New. We need starting RW.
8. Tom. Starting CM
7. Jem Starting CM and possible captain.
9. New Starting experienced International CF. Simon, Murray, Mayok ? Can all cover.
10. CAM. Either DDS or a New player.

We need starting 11 players all over the park. Oar, Tom, Gem and DDS (if we want the little rat back) are the only players that are the required standard.

Michael

We need

1. New. A real top quality experienced keeper required.
2. New. Starting RB Miller can cover perhaps.
3. New. Starting LB. Clisby is cover.
4. New. Starting experienced International CB. Rowles can cover.
5. New. " " CB.
6. Oar is our starting LW.
7. New. We need starting RW.
8. Tom. Starting CM
7. Jem Starting CM and possible captain.
9. New Starting experienced International CF. Simon, Murray, Mayok ? Can all cover.
10. CAM. Either DDS or a New player.

We need starting 11 players all over the park. Oar, Tom, Gem and DDS (if we want the little rat back) are the only players that are the required standard.

Agree with everything, except Clisby will be our starting LB. I’d like a higher quality one too but it won’t happen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred