• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

turbo

Early bird membership renewals end on Friday, I've been hoping for a bit more good news to get me over the line. Confirming the Koreans, the rumoured striker or a keeper would all be welcome announcements.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Early bird membership renewals end on Friday, I've been hoping for a bit more good news to get me over the line. Confirming the Koreans, the rumoured striker or a keeper would all be welcome announcements.
Fair point. Makes me wonder if early bird renewals should be extended.
I mean, if we manage to have Koreans signed and win an FFA cup game...that will be a boost to memberships.

turbo

...at which point the club can charge full price and increase their margin
The flip side to that is the purchaser can then wait even longer as there's no rush to commit. They may lose interest, their circumstances change or see us get pumped in the next FFA cup game and decide against signing up. There's risk involved and the club isn't in the strongest position these days if you aren't looking to keep a particular seat. Just last year there were significantly discounted offers for GA attendees.

I'm not saying I won't sign up unless X happens, more of a come on guys give me one more reason to pull the trigger before early bird ends.

Coastalraider

The flip side to that is the purchaser can then wait even longer as there's no rush to commit. They may lose interest, their circumstances change or see us get pumped in the next FFA cup game and decide against signing up. There's risk involved and the club isn't in the strongest position these days if you aren't looking to keep a particular seat. Just last year there were significantly discounted offers for GA attendees.

I'm not saying I won't sign up unless X happens, more of a come on guys give me one more reason to pull the trigger before early bird ends.

Thats a really good point. The above was just what I imagine the clubs point of view would be.

Last year when the Oar/McCormack deals were announced, I checked my account, rang up to get an early bird, and found out it was then up to full price. I didn't have the cash spare that week, and I never ended up signing up, as by the time I had the spare cash, I was already starting to become disillusioned with where we were headed.

FFC Mariner

The early bird discount is not enough of an incentive for me personally.
Ill wait until they sign some HAL quality players 1st
The 1st 30 mins on Saturday shows that we are a poor NPL side without as a minimum the 2 koreans and a keeper.

Forum Phoenix

Even with the Koreans, in terms of having an adequate starting 11, a lot will depend on whether Oar and DDS can come good. Without them we’re very under gunned in the mids and we also must have a 1st choice keeper.

Last edited:

nebakke

....at which point the club can charge full price and increase their margin. That's perfect for them, and good business.

Tbf, for someone like me looking for an excuse to sign, this approach isn't helping the case in my head... early bird is sort of an agreed gamble, the club saying "trust us that we'll provide you with a product worth supporting and we'll give you a discount". The problem is that for someone like me that trust has all but completely eroded over the last 3/4 years... I could perhaps be convinced that promising new signings earn an early bird sign on, but where we're at right now doesn't look sufficiently different to the other seasons for me to invest anything in hope and a full price membership will probably have to come with some more tangible proof like a couple of wins.
I'm not saying that anyone here has to like it or agree with how I assess this but I imagine that I am far from the only one currently running this sort of CBA across a renewal... looking increasingly like I'll do mine to increase our viewership in stead this year.

turbo

early bird is sort of an agreed gamble, the club saying "trust us that we'll provide you with a product worth supporting and we'll give you a discount", problem is that for someone like me that trust has all but completely eroded over the last 3/4 years

That is the critical bit. If we were Victory or Sydney supporters the club would be in a position to play that angle, I’d even say Adelaide or Perth have done enough in recent years one way or another to demand faith, but a club like ours or the roar? Not so much.

FFC Mariner

Academy side had a 19yo Mark Moric debut on Saturday (i "think" has was the striker who played alongside Simon in the first 30 against Manly).
Ex AIS to the scum to Croatia and then to our academy side
19yo and maybe a NYL prospect. He wasnt rubbish, looked a bit lost because Simon doesnt really like strike partners.
Big kid for 19 and a decent 1st touch

Insertnamehere

Even with the Koreans, in terms of having and adequate starting 11, a lot will depend on whether Oar and DDS can come good. Without them we’re very under gunned in the mids and we also must have a 1st choice keeper.
I think in both the cases of DDS and Oar we have better foundations in place to get them fit, keep them fit and play better, hopefully winninger, football.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I think in both the cases of DDS and Oar we have better foundations in place to get them fit, keep them fit and play better, hopefully winninger, football.
doesn't help DdS' shit attitude though

But hey, maybe Staj can get inside his head and get him thinking straight. DdS has a lot of talent.....and if he can sort out his attitude he'll do alright.

pjennings

doesn't help DdS' shit attitude though

But hey, maybe Staj can get inside his head and get him thinking straight. DdS has a lot of talent.....and if he can sort out his attitude he'll do alright.

I heard that Sydney definitely wanted to keep him. If that is true then hopefully that means he really wants to come and perform.

Shaun Mielekamp

Hi everyone

I see there are a few questions in regards to the Koreans. Just to update that this is purely an administrative process to get them to a position of registration. For those who saw the trial match may have noticed that they even had their own jerseys and numbers. Due to their very unique circumstances it will take some time to work through visa's and ITC (international transfer certificate) process for them with FFA, FIFA, KFA and K-League. This will take time so there are no errors that have a negative impact on the club and ensure the players are on the pitch as soon as possible.

Also seeing some other comments I am not sure who this mysterious "visa serbian striker" is? Just wanted to ensure rumours are not being perceived as facts on that one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred