• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

Insertnamehere

doesn't help DdS' shit attitude though

But hey, maybe Staj can get inside his head and get him thinking straight. DdS has a lot of talent.....and if he can sort out his attitude he'll do alright.
I think we all know his attitude is an extension of his agent. If Staj is as influential on players as Ive read around the place, I think that can override the situation. Especially if he can find his talent and we win some games.

Insertnamehere

Hi everyone

I see there are a few questions in regards to the Koreans. Just to update that this is purely an administrative process to get them to a position of registration. For those who saw the trial match may have noticed that they even had their own jerseys and numbers. Due to their very unique circumstances it will take some time to work through visa's and ITC (international transfer certificate) process for them with FFA, FIFA, KFA and K-League. This will take time so there are no errors that have a negative impact on the club and ensure the players are on the pitch as soon as possible.

Also seeing some other comments I am not sure who this mysterious "visa serbian striker" is? Just wanted to ensure rumours are not being perceived as facts on that one.
So are you saying the striker isnt mysterious...?;)

Michael

Hi everyone

I see there are a few questions in regards to the Koreans. Just to update that this is purely an administrative process to get them to a position of registration. For those who saw the trial match may have noticed that they even had their own jerseys and numbers. Due to their very unique circumstances it will take some time to work through visa's and ITC (international transfer certificate) process for them with FFA, FIFA, KFA and K-League. This will take time so there are no errors that have a negative impact on the club and ensure the players are on the pitch as soon as possible.

Also seeing some other comments I am not sure who this mysterious "visa serbian striker" is? Just wanted to ensure rumours are not being perceived as facts on that one.

Cheers for the update Shaun.
What I’m taking from this is that the Seoul bro’s is done and just doing the meticulous paperwork. Which is fantastic. Smart from the club to take time with this situation. We can’t afford a paperwork stuff up.
And personally I’ve been heavily questioning the Balkan striker rumour, we have 3 strikers already we may not be stoked with the 3 we have but it is what it is. A 4th could be pointless but it all depends on what staj’s preferred formation is.

Can we expect a 4th visa anytime soon? Are there any more signings other than the Seoul bro’s on the horizon?

turbo

Can we expect a 4th visa anytime soon? Are there any more signings other than the Seoul bro’s on the horizon?
Not trying to be that guy but it’s the 5th, remembering that we have one tied up in Mcglinchey. But it would be great to know if there’s likely to be news around that slot any time soon. It’s starting to look like we might need to work with what we have for the FFA cup game.

So are you saying the striker isnt mysterious...?;)

Or Serbian. The rumour did say Balkan ;)

Coastalraider

Cheers for the update Shaun.
What I’m taking from this is that the Seoul bro’s is done and just doing the meticulous paperwork. Which is fantastic. Smart from the club to take time with this situation. We can’t afford a paperwork stuff up.
And personally I’ve been heavily questioning the Balkan striker rumour, we have 3 strikers already we may not be stoked with the 3 we have but it is what it is. A 4th could be pointless but it all depends on what staj’s preferred formation is.

The most immediate and obvious one is a Aleague level keeper?

turbo

The most immediate and obvious one is a Aleague level keeper?
If the striker rumour isnt true it seems pretty plausible we're looking for a visa keeper. It's an unfortunate time to be chasing one with some decent local keepers rotting on the bench elsewhere under contract.

turbo

Ziggy or GG. Both seem to speak well and should be starters. Club has been giving them a bit of focus on social media too. Matty can be a club leader off the pitch but his reputation precedes him and won’t help us with the refs, we need a cooler head. There’s also debate around his place in the pecking order but I think the factors above are important regardless of his starting spot.

Pirate Pete

Ziggy or GG. Both seem to speak well and should be starters. Club has been giving them a bit of focus on social media too. Matty can be a club leader off the pitch but his reputation precedes him and won’t help us with the refs, we need a cooler head. There’s also debate around his place in the pecking order but I think the factors above are important regardless of his starting spot.

Matty was even giving it to the ref at one point on Saturday. Went on far too long for my liking.
It's the first pre season game against Manly FFS.

* I think the Balkan striker rumour was on Twitter.
Also let's not forget Staj was supposedly in that region doing scouting.

turbo

Matty was even giving it to the ref at one point on Saturday. Went on far too long for my liking.
I didnt get to the game but thats not necessary, especially at a local friendly match. Another thing moving the captaincy on would do is draw a line under the Mulvey era and make the Stajcic era more distinct. I had an uncomfortable feeling about the season from the moment we named Matty captain.

Edit: If you want a bit of a laugh search captain in last seasons squad thread and see how the sentiment shifted.

Last edited:

Josho Howe

I'd love a captain who leads by his actions and is calm and rational. Last season when our captain and leader would constantly confront the referee and act like he did made me cringe. Doesn't help his cause and doesn't help our team.

Michael

Not trying to be that guy but it’s the 5th, remembering that we have one tied up in Mcglinchey.

Yes I know, I ment 4th new visa player.

I wouldn’t mind a visa GK, most decent aged decent quality Aussies are snapped up and no one, including us, seems keen to give Chris Oldfield a go.
Either visa GK or CB.

FFC Mariner

He made a fool of himself on Saturday. It was a pre season trial ffs.
Reminded me of that cranky old player who cant compete and gets frustrated.
Needs to drop down a few grades.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

He made a fool of himself on Saturday. It was a pre season trial ffs.
Reminded me of that cranky old player who cant compete and gets frustrated.
Needs to drop down a few grades.
If he's doing that then he's showing he's not a fit captain - but we already saw that last season. He tried really hard early in the season but just couldn't keep a lid on his temper. A few people put that down to MM and getting smashed each week....but if he's doing it now at preseason...well, that blows those excuses out of the water....

Jeez, whether i was playing or reffing.....when you have somebody who's carrying on like a pork chop in preseason, what's the bloody point in a game that doesn't matter?

Coastalraider

I think the reality is that Matty can’t keep up with the League anymore. Sydney realised he wasn’t up to being a bench enforcer anymore, and let him go. He was never magically going to turn into a 90 minute point man. It must be immensely frustrating for him to be given the armband, a last opportunity to lead a team, play big minutes, and influence a teams outcome, only to realise you no longer have the ability to do what is asked of you. His attitude towards refereeing was really poor last year, and in a team with such a high percentage of kids, it can have a really toxic effect on our youth and breeds an environment of excuse making.

I live in hope that we still have a starting striker to sign, and Matty can play a role more suited to his ability, and he can go out with his head held high and with the supporters good faith.

ashman89

It's the first pre season game against Manly FFS.

* I think the Balkan striker rumour was on Twitter.
Also let's not forget Staj was supposedly in that region doing scouting.
Lovro medic was the name of the rumoured striker and that came from his agent who was apparently talking about a move to CCM. Shaun my hopes have been dashed haha

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred